| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|4th December 2014, 11:16||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2014
Thanked: 44 Times
Hello to Team-BHPians
Finally, I become a proud member of Team BHP.
I forgot the counts how many times I applied for the membership, through different ids, different handles, etc. Now I realized after several attempts that becoming a member is not that tough, only focus on what you are answering to registration questions. More important, you should be what you are. Any blabbering will definitely cause rejection.
Before I introduce myself, at the outset, I like to convey my hearty regards and appreciation to the Moderators for their excellent work in creating such a wonderful forum for automobile enthusiasts. The team BHP site is a wonderful place to gather all information about the automobiles, distant places, roads as well as several tips about a vehicle and driving skills. In fact, my decision to buy XUV 500 is after carefully going through various reviews on different cars and detailed comparisons among different models provided in the site. Hats Off to such an excellent work.
Regarding myself, I am Amit K. Das @ amyth78, 36 years old, permanent resident of Darjeeling, West Bengal and now residing in Pune. A lawyer by profession, heading a Legal Department of a manufacturing company at Pune.
My journey with machines started with:
- Army Enfield bullet and Nissan Jonga when I got my senses (Father is an ex-Army);
- BSA Mach 1 Cycle during initial school days;
- Bajaj M80 for a short while;
- LML Vespa for quite some time;
- Yamaha RX100 (2 stroke), Suzuki Fierro and Hero Honda Ambition during college and beginning of profession;
- First Steering wheel in hand was Tata Truck in vacant river beds during school days;
- Perfected driving skills in Maruti Omni Van on the curvy roads of Darjeeling during college;
- Roam around Northern India (NCR, UP, Uttaranchal, Himachal, Punjab and Rajasthan) in Maruti Suzuki 800 from 2003 to 2008;
- Travelled around south India (Karnataka, Andhra, Tamilnadu and Kerala) in Maruti Suzuki Zen Estillo vxi from 2008 to 2012;
- Frequently travelled between Kolkata and Bagdogra / Darjeeling in Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire from 2012 to 2014; and
- Now Revving around Maharashtra and Western India in my new Mahindra XUV 500 (bought in June 2014).
In the past, once I have participated in Tista Motor Rally organized by Automobile Association of Eastern India (AAEI) in the year of 1999 (during college days). Competed with different racing bikes with my RX100 (without any rally meter or other gadgets) and won “Best Local Entry” prize.
I am married and a proud father of twin boys of 7 years old. My kids are more enthusiasts about cars and have a huge compilation of toy models for most of the cars and bikes. My kids know more about the different fancy accessories of a car than me. Thanks to PSP games Need for Speed, etc. which provides an option for the kids to modify the car virtually. I came to know about “spoilers” from my kids when they start demanding that I should install a spoiler in our XUV as well.
Though I am not an expert on the technicalities of the machine but “I Love & Live to Drive”. I love driving irrespective of what is the make or model of a car / bike. If I get an opportunity, I never miss to drive an Auto also (as a pleasure ride). If you ask me about my passion then it is driving and traveling to new and distant places.
That’s an introduction for the 1st time. Rest we will keep sharing about each other during our onward journey in the forum.
Looking forward to share my experiences with all the members and also to gain knowledge from your experiences.
Last edited by amyth78 : 4th December 2014 at 16:04.
|The following BHPian Thanks amyth78 for this useful post:|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians||GTO||Shifting gears||6454||12th January 2018 10:14|
|Hello to all team bhpians!!!!!!!!||swapnil.rahate||Introduce yourself||2||23rd October 2007 00:32|
|Hello Team-BHPians....||ashish22||Introduce yourself||2||12th April 2007 19:46|
|Hello Team-Bhpians!!!||Kevciti||Introduce yourself||3||20th January 2007 22:44|
|Hello Team-BHPians!||TellATaleAL||Introduce yourself||12||4th February 2006 00:51|