Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 15th January 2015, 12:00   #1
BHPian

Default Great to be here!

Today morning I was still on my first coffee and woke up fully in an instant! A mail from team-bhp approving my membership! What better way to start off your day? Feels so awesome! Thanks mods!

About me:
I am Maneesh from Pune and I drive a Nissan Terrano. I work in Finance+IT and prefer to spend my free time immersed in books, music and driving. When I was younger (I am 44 today) I was an avid trekker but sadly it is just a memory nowadays.

Vehicle history:
My first motorized vehicle was a Bajaj M-50 which I 'inherited' from my brother. Never happy with 'stock' vehicles, I ended up stripping it bare (took out the white guard). Finance is always a problem during college days (!) so no engine modifications were possible. However I did end up pasting wide strips cut off from my old jeans all over it. I think that must have been the only 'denim' M-50 ever! It didn't go faster or anything but it was unique and that gave me a chance to get to know lots of pretty girls so all was well!

I am 6' and always wanted a big bike. So the first two wheeler I owned, bought with my hard earned money was an Enfield Bullet! Dusting her down every morning, soap wash every weekend and a polish every fortnight was almost a religious experience. So many awesome rides that I still recall vividly, as if it was yesterday. Good times.

My first 4 wheeler was the Maruti Wagon R. The first time I saw it, I remember thinking, who designed this? A committee? But once I sat in it, the space was mind blowing. My head did not touch the roof from inside (I was used to my dad's Premier Padmini) and I could actually fully stretch my legs fully! The seating was an additional bonus. You can have a queen size bed or fully open storage area. Because of this I have literally transported my bachelor household in the car, once from Chennai to Pune and from Bangalore to Pune at another time. Decent mileage and compact size were additional bonuses for a 'city car'.

I was never interested much in SUVs, thinking them to be fuel guzzling monsters who take up too much space. In addition the SUVish vehicles like Sumo, Scorpio are badnaam in India, majorly because of the morons (read politicians, corporator to minister) who drive them, too horses under the hood but too little brains behind the wheel....till I saw the Terrano. I felt this is it. This is the car I want. Definitely love at first sight. I arranged a test drive with my local dealer, felt first hand how she handles, the power, the grace and the beauty. And the fact that my head touches the roof if I keep the seat back vertical. Then I thought, what the hell! Even gods like Michael Schumacher have to sit in a cramped up car seat when they drive to glory and into the history book. So I went ahead and got it. And I ensured it is Red so even I can pretend to be Michael once in a while!

I have taken her out on two major drives. Pune -> Betul as well as Pune -> Hampi and back. She handles like a dream. Never a missed beat and awesome power just the moment when you need it. I hope there are many more such pleasurable rides in the future.

While surfing the forums, I noticed there are local meet ups. I am just hoping similar activity happens in Pune too. And I hope there are other Terrano owners too. Looking forward to making lots of new friends here at team-bhp.

If you want to ask anything, just holler.

Cheers,
Maneesh
RedTerrano is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 12:30   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Great to be here!

Welcome to TBHP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
I work in Finance+IT and prefer to spend my free time immersed in books, music and driving.
Allot some of your free time reading threads here too. Soon you'll find yourself struggling to do other things.
Quote:
When I was younger (I am 44 today) I was an avid trekker but sadly it is just a memory nowadays.
People here are emotionally very young. So you'll feel younger very soon, I promise.
Rudra Sen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 12:36   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Welcome to TBHP.
Thanks Rudra!

Quote:
People here are emotionally very young. So you'll feel younger very soon, I promise.
Hahaha! Awesome! I have definitely landed at the correct place!
Old 16th January 2015, 11:03   #4
Team-BHP Support

Hi Manish, welcome to Team BHP from a fellow Punekar!

I haven't seen a red Terrano on the road yet but will keep an eye out now. Hope you have stickered it already for ease of spotting

Please search for the Pune tapri thread and follow the updates of the local chapter of T-BHP there. We do breakfast meets and drives to Lavasa and other nearby locations on a regular basis. The onus is on new members to take the initiative of organizing these, so please go ahead!

Have a great stay on Team BHP and look forward to many contributions from yourself.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 15:56   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
When I was younger (I am 44 today) I was an avid trekker but sadly it is just a memory nowadays.
Quote:
Quote:
Hahaha! Awesome! I have definitely landed at the correct place!
I was about to say the same but in a different way. Never too old to trek! Enough nature gazing still left in life!

As that Jethro-Tull album surely does not apply ! "Too Old to Rock and Roll; Too Young to Die"
Old 16th January 2015, 16:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
While surfing the forums, I noticed there are local meet ups. I am just hoping similar activity happens in Pune too. And I hope there are other Terrano owners too. Looking forward to making lots of new friends here at team-bhp.
There is a MH Mega meet on this weekend in Pawna/ Lonavla, for guys form Mumbai & Pune. You can follow on this link and participate if you are interested:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ry-2015-a.html (The MH Mega Meet 2015 - Date finalised, 18th January 2015)

Welcome to T-BHP from another newbie.
Old 19th January 2015, 16:41   #7
BHPian

Dear Maneesh,

Welcome to Team-BHP from a fellow Newbie and wishing you a great stay here!

Looking forward to interacting with you on the other threads as well!!

Regards,
Bhaskar
Old 20th January 2015, 22:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hi Manish, welcome to Team BHP from a fellow Punekar!...Hope you have stickered it already for ease of spotting
Please search for the Pune tapri thread and follow the updates of the local chapter of T-BHP there. We do breakfast meets and drives to Lavasa and other nearby locations on a regular basis. The onus is on new members to take the initiative of organizing these, so please go ahead!
Thanks noopster! I am happy to make your acquaintance! Hope we meet in real life pretty soon!
I got an email today saying the sitckers are on their way. So any time now, I should be 'branded!'
Yes I found out and subscribed to the Tapri thread. Looking forward to meet the Pune TBHP gang soon!

On a related note, what is the TBHP policy on number plates? I saw some photos with masked ones and some without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Never too old to trek! Enough nature gazing still left in life!
Alas, the mind still feels young but the body begs to differ. And to be brutally honest, I have turned lazy over the years. Hehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
There is a MH Mega meet on this weekend in Pawna/ Lonavla, for guys form Mumbai & Pune.
Thanks for the link reverse_gear. Unfortunately I missed it this time. But I am glad this is a regular thing so I can make up for lost opportunities the next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP from a fellow Newbie and wishing you a great stay here!
Thanks Bhaskar! Wish you the same and I look forward to seeing you around the forum as well!
Closed Thread