Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 14th February 2015, 00:24   #1
BHPian

Default Hello Everyone

Hey guys, first of all wanted to thank the Mods. for accepting my request to join Team-Bhp.

And Hello to everyone here.

I have been going through quite a few threads on the Forum here and must say they are very helpful. With special reference to the Reviews/ Owner Reviews about the cars they own.

Owning a car was always a dream and I turned that dream of mine to a reality last year in April. After a lot of research and searching/ reviewing various blogs/ write-ups/ advice given shared by
owners I finally decided booking the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi AT. I got delivery of the car in October and am more than Happy with her. I shall write about the details of the Car/ Accessories installed and my review about the car in the appropriate Thread.

About Me - I work in the Merchant Navy and reside in Pune. I am quite a car fanatic. Enjoy traveling, music and well driving of course.

Cheers

Artem
Artem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 05:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hello Everyone

Hi Artem,

Welcome onboard on a happy Valentine's Day!

There are a few other members from the navy around, though not many. I am sure we shall all love to hear about your life aboard a ship. Hope to read your travelogues soon!
Old 14th February 2015, 07:47   #3
BHPian

A warm welcome Artem.
Glad to know that you are from the navy.
And yes, you own one of my favourite cars. Please put up an ownership review ASAP.
Ending it the BHPian way.
Keep revvin'
Neel
Old 14th February 2015, 10:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
CheersArtem
Exceed the 25 post limit quickly- and become a pukka BHPian.

Would appreciate your feedback on the dealer- Viraaj Skoda. For a 15 lakh budget- The Rapid 1.5 TDi CR DSG simply doesn't seem worth it @ 12-13 lakh on road. Your views would be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
There are a few other members from the navy around, though not many. I am sure we shall all love to hear about your life aboard a ship. Hope to read your travelogues soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
See- you must appreciate the difference between the *real* navy and the *merchant* navy.

A real naval officer is that sort of a person- Whose primary aim is to defend the nation, and help protect the soveriegnity, maintain excellent conditions on the international waters, and to take part in various peacekeeping missions- et cetera.

The Merchant Naval fellow- is simply the person who engages largely in merchant trade. Their interests- By and large are purely commercial, compared to the 'defending' role of the real naval fellows.

That said- It would be interesting to read about life on a cargo ship. I'm into Oceanic Liners myself.

P.S: My Grandfather operated the Radio, Radar, and assorted Electronic surveillance systems- onboard the Indian Navy's flagship INS Vikrant/ His Majesty's Ship- The Hercules, back in the 'Sixties.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 21:05   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Hi Artem,

Welcome onboard on a happy Valentine's Day!

Honeybee thanks! It sure is a happy day. Shall definitely post some travelogues soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
A warm welcome Artem.
And yes, you own one of my favourite cars. Please put up an ownership review ASAP.
Ending it the BHPian way.
Keep revvin'
Neel
Thanks petrolhead_neel ! I am currently in the process of writing my Initial Ownership review about the car. Shall be posting the complete write up in the coming week.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post

Would appreciate your feedback on the dealer- Viraaj Skoda. For a 15 lakh budget- The Rapid 1.5 TDi CR DSG simply doesn't seem worth it @ 12-13 lakh on road. Your views would be appreciated.

See- you must appreciate the difference between the *real* navy and the *merchant* navy.

A real naval officer is that sort of a person- Whose primary aim is to defend the nation, and help protect the soveriegnity, maintain excellent conditions on the international waters, and to take part in various peacekeeping missions- et cetera.

The Merchant Naval fellow- is simply the person who engages largely in merchant trade. Their interests- By and large are purely commercial, compared to the 'defending' role of the real naval fellows.

That said- It would be interesting to read about life on a cargo ship. I'm into Oceanic Liners myself.

P.S: My Grandfather operated the Radio, Radar, and assorted Electronic surveillance systems- onboard the Indian Navy's flagship INS Vikrant/ His Majesty's Ship- The Hercules, back in the 'Sixties.
Thanks for clarifying the above FINTAIL! Appreciate it. Shall hopefully cross the 25 Mark soon

As mentioned above, I am currently writing an Initial Ownership Reveiw of the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi AT, and shall be mentioning about he dealership as well.

Its good to know your Grand dad served in the Indian Navy on the INS Vikrant. I have only seen the ship from the outside, never really got the opportunity or rather take the trouble to go in and take a look. It is one helluva beauty. A salute to him.

Cheers mate
Old 7th March 2015, 03:54   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post

Would appreciate your feedback on the dealer- Viraaj Skoda.
Hey Fintail,

As requested, here is the link to my Initial Ownership thread and a detailed description of my dealings with Viiraaj Skoda. Hope you and other members on the Forum find it useful.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/assemb...ip-report.html

Regarding the Rapid, I was never really interested so quite frankly din't even take a look at it. Sorry about that mate.

Cheers

Artem
Artem is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread