Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 10th April 2015, 10:38   #1
BHPian

Smile Thank you for the acceptance

A very grateful thank you to the moderators for accepting me. I have been an ardent follower of t-bhp since the last few years. It has helped me many times. All the wonderful travelogues, the DIY's etc been very exciting to read.

Now, a little about me. I am a 21 year old engineering student. Cars / Bikes / buses and trucks have always interested me since a very young age. I still remember I used to make BEST buses' sounds when telling my parents about the buses that I saw. Even today, the sight of a majestic Volvo bus entices me. I drive a Vespa and follow ATGATT. I have been reading the which helmet (Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet) and Open-vs-full face discussions and they have helped me tremendously.

I am very happy to be a small part of this community.
Thank you all.

PS- Tomorrow is my birthday which makes this even more special.
blackwasp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 11:29   #2
BHPian

Default re: Thank you for the acceptance

Welcome to team bhp and happy birthday in advance! You couldn't have gotten a better gift, could you? Wishing you a pleasant stay here (that's guaranteed, though).

I too am a big fan of Volvo buses. They are simply the best.

Make yourself familiar with the rules and congratulations on being accepted into the forum!
Old 10th April 2015, 12:07   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Thank you for the acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post
Welcome to team bhp and happy birthday in advance! You couldn't have gotten a better gift, could you? Wishing you a pleasant stay here (that's guaranteed, though).

I too am a big fan of Volvo buses. They are simply the best.

Make yourself familiar with the rules and congratulations on being accepted into the forum!
Thank you.

Yes, could not be a better day. What is the first thing I did ? I ordered the t-bhp sticker set (an early gift for my self ). I am going through all the rules of the forum.
Old 10th April 2015, 12:45   #4
BHPian

Welcome onboard. Hope to meet you in the 'Commercial Vehicles' section. This is the best birthday gift a petrolhead can get, apart from a Ferrari perhaps!

Would you mind telling us about what your garage consists of, other than the Vespa you mentioned?

Keep revvin'
petrolhead_neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 10th April 2015 at 12:48.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 13:10   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hey blackwasp,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Like many others, I am a fan of Volvo buses too. Good to know that Team-BHP has helped you many occasions.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 13:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Would you mind telling us about what your garage consists of, other than the Vespa you mentioned?
The other Italian beauty in my garage in a 2009 Blue Fiat Punto! I have been very lucky regarding the most beautiful rides in India - Italians know their design.

I also have a cycle (La - Sovereign Cheetah) that I use quite frequently, but it is very scary to use it on Indian roads. If I use a cycle to commute, I usually have to plan my route with the minimum number of intersections and maximum left turns (to avoid crossing). There by increasing the distance I need to go.

The best time to cycle is around 5:30 - 6 am - at least in Navi Mumbai, and we are blessed with the superb Palm Beach Road. One can frequently spot many cyclists in the mornings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hey blackwasp,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Like many others, I am a fan of Volvo buses too. Good to know that Team-BHP has helped you many occasions.

See you on the forum.
Thank you, good know there are many Volvo fans out here too.
Old 11th April 2015, 10:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
The other Italian beauty in my garage in a 2009 Blue Fiat Punto! I have been very lucky regarding the most beautiful rides in India - Italians know their design.
Oh- You're someone pretty similar to me I guess!

Our automotive tastes are quite similar! I've got a pair of scooters- A Vespa amongst them, a pair of cycles- and an Italian cycle as well- 2014 Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Coast2Coast. Hehe- I'm an active (and avid!) roadbiker as well- see you on the Bicycles thread. (Link to last page: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...hread-163.html (The Bicycles thread))

Yeah- The Italian car is missing in my case.

**Is it really?**

Have got a 1972 FIAT 1100D with a leaky radiator. You have to pray- and if you're lucky, the car starts on a half-crank! I've always been lucky, so far!

Let's see about a 'modern' Italian car. Actually- I've been really looking about for a Merc. Let's see- Four or five years down the lane, if I get a W221 S-Class!

And that's the reason I'm delaying my car search- The Merc bug has bit me. Badly. Explains my username I guess!

See ya about!

Last but not the least- REFER to the rules: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...e-posting.html

'Neways, now that you've mentioned about your cycle, see you about in Palm Beach Road. Look out for a WagonR with an LTD on the rear.

Thanks!
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 12:26   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post

Yeah- The Italian car is missing in my case.

**Is it really?**

Have got a 1972 FIAT 1100D with a leaky radiator. You have to pray- and if you're lucky, the car starts on a half-crank! I've always been lucky, so far!
Haha, my uncle has an old Elegant that I've been eyeing for a while. Old cars have the charm ! His car has been featured in the forums here.

Quote:
Let's see about a 'modern' Italian car. Actually- I've been really looking about for a Merc. Let's see- Four or five years down the lane, if I get a W221 S-Class!

And that's the reason I'm delaying my car search- The Merc bug has bit me. Badly. Explains my username I guess!
The merc bug. Everyone's bitten by it. If only I could get a late 90's W123. I'd take it to my grave.

Quote:
'Neways, now that you've mentioned about your cycle, see you about in Palm Beach Road. Look out for a WagonR with an LTD on the rear.
Yes, surely. I'll keep an eye out. Maybe I've spotted it before. I frequently travel on Palm Beach. I usually am on my vespa with all black jacket and an MT helmet.

PS-Stickers have shipped now a little detailing session for the Punto and Vespa before I apply them.
Closed Thread