Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 25th May 2015, 21:50   #1

Default It's time!

Hi all - I've been following Team BHP since last 10+ years and had some struggle with having an tbhp ID created and approved (not easy !) .. Now just tried an old ID and password and it worked and thought it's a good idea to introduce myself now.

My name is Simanta, working in IT industry for about 15 years but very passionate about Music and Photography, and ofcourse driving... I own a 2010 Honda City, - and I'm owned by my wife and daughter

I've lived most of my working life outside of India (US, Europe, UK) and now I just returned to Pune last month, and plan to be here for atleast year to see my country well... Have driven most of US, and Europe (including a road trip to Iceland, and one in Norway and several in Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria)... Currently planning a trip to Mongolia in August, and a second trip to Ladakh after 8 years September this year.. Sadly I haven't driven much in India, except did one driving trip from Pune to Kerala and back.. but hopefully by next year this time I'd have some India road experiences too..

I also play the guitar and sing and make some music (Rock, Progressive, Metal) when I get the time.. own an Epiphone Les Paul electric and an Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic-Electric guitar, - and I shoot with a Canon 6D coupled with few decent lenses...I dont know if I'm allowed to share URLs here but here's my facebook contact https://www.facebook.com/CellophaneDreamsPhotography

OK that's enough about me, but that's what I'd say to introduce myself .. thanks and please let me in
sdatta is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 10:54   #2

Default re: It's time!

@sdatta:
Welcome, Simanta. A short and crisp introduction, surely! Would like to hear more about your Honda City through a detailed ownership review, with some beautiful clicks and timely updates.

Nice to hear that you are back to India after a long time. Driving in abroad and in India is poles apart, especially the superior traffic sense in foreign countries.

Get familiar with the forum rules for a smooth experience on T-BHP forums.

Last edited by GTO : 26th May 2015 at 12:40. Reason: Strictly no acronyms when referring to cars please
Old 26th May 2015, 12:46   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: It's time!

Great to have you with us, Simanta. Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdatta View Post
and I'm owned by my wife and daughter

Quote:
and plan to be here for atleast year to see my country well... Have driven most of US, and Europe
Suggest starting the innings with a road-trip to Goa. Lovely road, even better destination.

Quote:
a second trip to Ladakh after 8 years September this year
TSK's thread is a bible - Link (Leh, Ladakh and Zanskar - The Ultimate Guide).

Quote:
I also play the guitar and sing and make some music (Rock, Progressive, Metal) when I get the time
I used to play the acoustic ages back. No music like classic rock. Mod Noopster from Pune sure knows his strings, and Mod FlyingSpur also picks up a guitar from time to time.
Old 26th May 2015, 22:09   #4

Niku - thanks. I bought that Honda city just 2 weeks ago (1 week after I returned India). So no "ownership review" coming anytime soon . I had owned a Swift before. Really loved it and would have bought another one in a heartbeat but wife wanted something bigger, and better may be !

GTO - thanks much for the warm welcome. Yes, I need to read TSK's post. I already took a lot of inputs from him in our Norway trip as he was there before. Will need that for Ladakh too.

Noopster is a good friend of mine ! We jammed and played together. I was the vocalist of his short-lived band and I drove his Swift for about 6 months when I was in India in 2011 and didn't have enough time to buy a car.

Last edited by ampere : 26th May 2015 at 22:19. Reason: Back to back posts
sdatta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 22:20   #5
Team-BHP Support

Default It's time!

Oh hey there you are! Welcome and the usual jazz

You're going to hate me for this but I couldn't resist posting this...from the good ole days (late 2011 I think)

It's time!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1432831708.318579.jpg

(Shiny head is sdatta, me sporting the Movember moustache, and his Les Paul on extreme left!)
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 22:39   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
OK that's enough about me, but that's what I'd say to introduce myself .. thanks and please let me in
Good to see you here .
Welcome to the forum. I am getting lazy with my Iceland travelogue, maybe you can start and finish yours!
Old 30th May 2015, 22:55   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Good to see you here .
I am getting lazy with my Iceland travelogue, maybe you can start and finish yours!
Tsk - Planning to go to Mongolia in August with a friend - still a lot of research to do though, pm me if you are interested Iceland travelogue, I left it halfway through and probably it will remain that way forever !http://cellophanedreamsoficeland.blogspot.com

Noopster - tbhp seems home already man! Just need to be careful about the posts and follow the rules, not easy!
Old 31st May 2015, 02:21   #8
Team-BHP Support

Default It's time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Oh hey there you are! Welcome and the usual jazz

You're going to hate me for this but I couldn't resist posting this...from the good ole days (late 2011 I think)

Attachment 1376033

(Shiny head is sdatta, me sporting the Movember moustache, and his Les Paul on extreme left!)

I don't know much about music but just 1 vocalist and 4 guitars, no bass no drums, no rhythm section?
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 09:05   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I don't know much about music but just 1 vocalist and 4 guitars, no bass no drums, no rhythm section?

Haha...that was just for the camera. Bassist is off camera (probably shot the pic) and the guy on extreme right is actually the drummer - everyone knows guitarists get the chicks, am I right!

Navin, someday will share the videos of the show where we opened for Indian Ocean- it's a hoot!
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 22:51   #10
Team-BHP Support

Default It's time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Haha...that was just for the camera.!

I never saw a better dressed bunch, was this IIM or UDCT? Maybe dress sense changed but (as my wife found out from my Danish friends) in my day we dressed a little bit less formal. No one wore shirts and most times wearing anything above the waist was often optional.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 14:07   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I never saw a better dressed bunch, was this IIM or UDCT?
Neither- sdatta and I are colleagues, so you can guess where this is!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 11:34   #12

Quote:
I shoot with a Canon 6D coupled with few decent lenses...
Simanta - what a talented fellow you are! I viewed the photos on your FB page and they look stunning. I am an amateur (read: beginner) photographer myself. Do you share tips on how to take good photos using DSLRs? The right combination of lens with the camera makes all the difference, but for many beginners that depth of information is simply not available. So, any tips would be super helpful!
Old 6th June 2015, 13:31   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by amreekan View Post
Simanta - what a talented fellow you are! I viewed the photos on your FB page and they look stunning. I am an amateur (read: beginner) photographer myself. Do you share tips on how to take good photos using DSLRs? The right combination of lens with the camera makes all the difference, but for many beginners that depth of information is simply not available. So, any tips would be super helpful!
Thanks mate! There are plenty of information online about how to take better photos. And they will tell you that the key is not the instrument as even the most basic DSLR can take same photo as the high end ones in 80% of the time. And inside that 80% what matters is the composition (=right place, right time, right skills and a bit of luck). If you contact me on FB page i will surely help you whatever i can ! If I talk more about photography here I guess the mods will throw me out
sdatta is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread