Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 7th June 2015, 00:02   #1

Default Honoured to be a BHPian!

Hi BHPians!!

Firstly I would like to thank all, for letting me be a part of Team BHP!!

My name is Ajay from Bengaluru. I like Ford Mustang a lot, hence the name AjMusto. I am basically a software engineer and am 29 years of age!! Heard about Team BHP for the first time from my closest friend Karthik Kashyap (KarthikK).

Driving is my passion which just cannot be separated from myself. I love to drive and hence in almost my 11 years of driving experience I have driven about 2 lakh kilometres. My friends and colleagues keep pestering me with this comment "I have never seen such a driveaholic" as I travel often and drive to office everyday 40 kilometres to and fro in the peak hour traffic. I am a very safe driver who believes in safety of oneself as well as others on the road.

Started off my car driving with a Hyundai Santro at the age of 18 and never looked back. I currently own a Renault Duster, a second generation Honda City and a first generation Swift VXI. I also like to drive 2 wheelers and have been to weekend bike trips with my friends. I currently own a Bajaj Pulsar 180.

On weekends mostly I drive off to Mysore to visit my granny or go out exploring new places with my family. I love to write travelogues about my experiences and give reviews about cars, hotels, road conditions. Also like to read reviews on new auto releases. Am a huge sports freak hence I play many games which includes badminton, swimming,basketball, cricket, table tennis etc..

Cheers,
AjMusto
AjMusto is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 00:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Honoured to be a BHPian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjMusto View Post
Heard about Team BHP for the first time from my closest friend Karthik Kashyap (KarthikK).
So the flame spreads! Welcome.

Quote:
Driving is my passion which just cannot be separated from myself. I love to drive and hence in almost my 11 years of driving experience I have driven about 2 lakh kilometres.
Thats quite an amount. Would love to hear about your experiences.

Quote:
My friends and colleagues keep pestering me with this comment "I have never seen such a driveaholic" as I travel often and drive to office everyday 40 kilometres to and fro in the peak hour traffic.
Now here you wont feel out of waters!

Quote:
I am a very safe driver who believes in safety of oneself as well as others on the road.
For long distance driving, this is the best approach I would say.

Quote:
Started off my car driving with a Hyundai Santro at the age of 18 and never looked back. I currently own a Renault Duster, a second generation Honda City and a first generation Swift VXI. I also like to drive 2 wheelers and have been to weekend bike trips with my friends. I currently own a Bajaj Pulsar 180.
Thats quite a collection ! So which is the one you drive more often. I am sure t would be the Duster. Would love to hear more on the same.

Quote:
I love to write travelogues about my experiences and give reviews about cars, hotels, road conditions.
Now that is some thing we all would like to know! More the stories the better it gets.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 01:21   #3

Thank you Ampere for those wonderful comments!!

Quote:
Thats quite an amount. Would love to hear about your experiences.
Hyundai Santro was my father's car which was the first car I drove after graduating from the driving test which I passed with distinction and the joy to ride your first ever car is just out of this world experience. I had first learnt driving my car and then the bike hence the gear system was put into practical experience for the first time. Hmm learning the first gear, the gradient were some of the things which I can never forget. I started driving short distances to college in less traffic with my father being my mentor in initial days and slowly picked up in heavy traffic and then to longer distances.. In Santro it has been around 50000, in Swift it has been around 80000, in City it has been 50000 and finally in the one year of Duster I have driven around 20000 kilometres. Will give a detailed review along with the pictures in the coming days.

Quote:
Thats quite a collection ! So which is the one you drive more often. I am sure t would be the Duster. Would love to hear more on the same. .
The Santro with the tall boy design was an awesome car although I did not like the shape initially but it was one of the best in the market at that time. I drove it to my college and nearby places and then took it outside the city to other places like Mysore. We sold it in 2008 in exchange for a Swift.
Swift was the car which I bought after I got a job, and its shape and size attracted me the most. Maruti being a well known brand and being economical and its service well connected I decided to go for it. This was my first car which I took for hilly terrain driving with likes of Gopalaswamy Betta and Ooty short road.It has been almost 7 years since I bought it but still it has not caused any major issue till now. Recently drove it to Mysore and boy it did travel the same it was 7 years back after having driven 80000 kilometres.
The second generation Honda City is another awesome car. It was the best entry level sedan available in Indian market at that time around 5 years back. The ease of driving, the noiseless engine, amazing pickup, the ergonomics of the seating, boot space was a complete package. Have driven on all roads, small and long distances, curves and bends, steep slopes of Agumbe and Ooty and wow it performed without a hitch. The only problem with it was the lower ground clearance which seems to have been improved in the newer version. I use it currently twice in a week to office.
Then came the Duster. Yes Ampere it is the Duster which I drive often. My colleagues exchanged their old Honda City with the new fourth generation saying it's the best bet. They did not like any other car and I too was of the same opinion. Hence I thought I would also go for the new City but I had fallen in absolute love with the shape and ground clearance of the Duster. I was a bit frustrated with having to slow down completely or go cross on bad humps in Honda City to avoid being hit at the bottom of the car on the way to office every day. Now I had to take a decision whether to go with new untested car which I liked or the tested Honda City. I took a calculated risk and went for the Duster and till now I have never regretted that decision. The 85bhp Duster is a perfect vehicle for both city as well as long drives. Its suspension and its macho feeling, the ground clearance and its seating and its boot space is to vouch for. I do not feel small humps, bumps, pits. I recently drove 1200kms for 3 days with all weather conditions in rain, in hills, steep slopes ,humid conditions, some bad roads it performed amazingly well. The only concern I have is the number of service stations for the Duster. As its numbers keep growing day by day the service centres are not expanding.

Quote:
Now that is some thing we all would like to know! More the stories the better it gets.
I have submitted one travelogue pending approval which I travelled last week from Bengaluru to Shimoga to Murudeshwar for a friend's wedding with 1200kms and 4 days. Will definitely keep adding to the list.

Thank you once again.
Cheers,
AjMusto
AjMusto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 01:59   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjMusto View Post
The 85bhp Duster is a perfect vehicle for both city as well as long drives. Its suspension and its macho feeling, the ground clearance and its seating and its boot space is to vouch for. I do not feel small humps, bumps, pits. I recently drove 1200kms for 3 days with all weather conditions in rain, in hills, steep slopes, humid conditions, some bad roads it performed amazingly well.
Tell me about it! I have the same. And my count is now nearing 55K in about 2.5 years.

Quote:
The only concern I have is the number of service stations for the Duster. As its numbers keep growing day by day the service centres are not expanding.
That is somewhat true. But yes, I do hope things to improve, once Renault's small car comes in.

Last edited by ampere : 7th June 2015 at 20:27.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 19:56   #5

Quote:
Tell me about it! I have the same. And my count is now nearing 55K in about 2.5 years.
Wow nice. I just saw your garage. Great to know that you too are a huge Duster fan. Cool maybe we can just go off on a Duster ride.

Quote:
That is somewhat true. But yes, I do hope things to improve, once Renault's small car comes in.
Yup that's true. The Kwid looks promising and competitive.

AjMusto

Last edited by ampere : 7th June 2015 at 20:28. Reason: Fixed error in quoted post
Old 9th June 2015, 09:28   #6
BHPian

Default Re: Honoured to be a BHPian!

Welcome to this forum AjMusto. With the profile you carry, how did you miss being on the forum earlier? Clocking 2 lakh km is something! And my assumption is that most of your driving happens in the Bangalore traffic. Kudos to you on that front.

Last edited by ampere : 9th June 2015 at 09:51. Reason: Formatted post
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 21:03   #7

Default Re: Honoured to be a BHPian!

Thanks joelchandra for the wonderful welcome comments!!!

Quote:
With the profile you carry, how did you miss being on the forum earlier?
Yup wanted to be a part of this group much earlier but somehow it did not happen. But definitely glad I am a part now with the hope I will significantly contribute to this forum.

Quote:
Clocking 2 lakh km is something! And my assumption is that most of your driving happens in the Bangalore traffic. Kudos to you on that front.
Thanks for that. Yes mostly it happens in Bangalore traffic. It is definitely hectic and requires a lot of concentration and patience especially on the route i travel in which sometimes traffic moves at a very slow pace.
Closed Thread