Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 18th June 2015, 00:02   #1
BHPian

Thumbs up Trying is always enough!

Hello to all fellow BHPians.

I am Major Sriram. Been in the Army for about 9 years now and hail from Vizag.

First came across this forum while I was researching for a first car for myself. Realized in a short while that it's pure gold. The quality and plethora of topics discussed here are unrivalled. There began the series of my trials to get a permanent foothold in this elite group. Starting 2011, I must have tried a minimum of 4 times and getting rejected on each occasion left me disappointed and bewildered. Bewildered because I couldn't quite fathom the probable reasons for not getting approved. But I was certain that I was making a mistake of titanic proportions. Finally realized my folly a week ago (It's pretty embarrassing to admit what it was) and applied again. Thankfully, got in before throwing in the towel!

I did my schooling from Sainik School Korukonda (Andhra Pradesh) and subsequently joined the National Defence Academy in 2002. After completion of the training, passed out of the Indian Military Academy and commissioned as officer in 2006. Been posted to Mathura, Drass, Ambala, Delhi in that order and presently am serving a tenure in the North East.

I own a Toyota Etios Liva and learnt driving from thereon since I had no previous driving opportunities. When it comes to Automobiles, I have a limited layman knowledge but am curious to learn more.

Team BHP forums have always proved fertile for me as I have referred to these for a variety of queries and more often than not I was more than satisfied.

I love visiting National Parks and have been to the Ranthambore, Sariska, Kanha and Jim Corbett on previous occasions. Would love to share my experiences at some time. Recently while getting posted out of Delhi, I moved my car to Vizag and drove all the way down with a couple of youngsters. A whopping 2200 Kms! Time permitting, I shall pen down my experiences for some use to our comrades here.

Finally I want to reiterate that being part of this forum is a huge boost for any enthusiast and I consider myself privileged to be a member here.

On a parting note, kudos to the moderators for keeping this forum in a ship shape condition and not compromising an iota on its quality. Which is what separates this from so many others.

Hope to contribute in whichever way I can in the future.

Cheers!

Last edited by GTO : 18th June 2015 at 12:03. Reason: Spacing :)
Hunter3077 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 07:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Trying is always enough!

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you do have plenty of interesting stories to tell and things to learn from here

Cheers and hope to see you around!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 09:45   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Welcome aboard! I'm sure you do have plenty of interesting stories to tell and things to learn from here

Cheers and hope to see you around!
Thanks IshaanIan.

Yes. I do have interesting stories aplenty. All I need is an attentive audience!

And of course, loads to learn here from such knowledgeable forum members. Will do my best to stay abreast of the goings on in the forum.

Cheers.
Old 18th June 2015, 11:17   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Hello to all fellow BHPians.
I am Major Sriram. Been in the Army for about 9 years now and hail from Vizag.

On a parting note, kudos to the moderators for keeping this forum in a ship shape condition and not compromising an iota on its quality. Which is what separates this from so many others.
Cheers!
Welcome aboard Major,

The Team-BHP is really a no-nonsense site full of quality information on not only cars but also so many other aspects of life. The moderators indeed deserve compliments for this.

There are some good threads related to defense and you may like to go through them:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...-carriers.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...-launched.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...t-fighter.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...nat-mk-ii.html

I had been to Vaizag 2-3 times 5-6 years back and I was impressed by the city. Good clean city, not too big. How is your experience of Vaizag city?
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 11:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Welcome aboard Major,
The Team-BHP is really a no-nonsense site full of quality information on not only cars but also so many other aspects of life. The moderators indeed deserve compliments for this.
Thanks Rahul Bhalgat. I shall surely check out the threads that you have mentioned.

Vizag (not Vaizag!) is a great place to be in. Calm, peaceful and extremely humid! My association with Vizag began only after I joined school as otherwise my parents had shifted lock, stock and barrel to Bilaspur (now in Chattisgarh) long time back in search of greener pastures.

Now of course we have taken up permanent residence here. I feel perfectly at home in the city. The Naval presence caters to our needs of easy access to CSD and medical facilities. That's a huge plus. The city is on the fast lane to development owing to the creation of Telangana and also due to the fact that it is one of the three 'Smart Cities' being developed by the US. Indeed exciting times to look for in the future.

Cheers!

Last edited by Hunter3077 : 18th June 2015 at 12:11. Reason: Formatted post. Fixed quote
Old 18th June 2015, 12:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Trying is always enough!

Welcome Aboard Major.
Infact, my younger brother(also a Major now) is an IMA passout from about the same batch as you and is currently in Kargil. You may probably even know him for all you know!!

Hope to hear a lot of stories from you and enjoy your stay!!
arnabchak is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 15:07   #7
BHPian

Thank you arnabchak for your warm welcome.

Army is a small world and I might most definitely know your brother if he is a 2006 commissioned officer. Even if we don't know each other, it's quite easy to find a number of common acquaintances. That's how it is in the Army.

Good luck to you too.
Old 18th June 2015, 17:26   #8

Default Re: Trying is always enough!

Welcome aboard Major! You will find a good time here.

Cheers!
Closed Thread