Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2015, 16:11   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 29
Thanked: 33 Times
Arrow Engines Humming in my ears

Hi,

Thank you mods for accepting me. I am glad to be here.

Have been lurking around the forum for years, but was too busy with mundane aspects of life (like work) to actually believe that I may add any value to the forum. Finally decided to register when I am slightly better equipped to indulge my passions in life, one of which is Motoring.

I am an advertising professional, I like complicated situations, and feel everything is overpriced. I am usually not convinced with the world, duly hoping for miracles, daydreaming about a Porsche 911 and a Rolls Royce Phantom. I ambitiously plan to own at-least one special & (dare I say)timeless car in every category and build a nice garage by the time I have lost some hair. Also, as cliquish as it may sound, I am toying with the idea of moving to another country in a few years only for the sake of enjoying longish drives on better roads and relatively smoother traffic in a great car of my choice. For now however, I have settled with what I feel are average to good and affordable automobiles in our country.

I can't call myself the safest driver around, had my fair share of close shaves. Always been a boy racer, drove it like I stole it. Now however, in an early-onset-of-mid-life-crises, I would like to believe I drive more responsibly. Still, old habits have a way of coming back and I frequently see myself fuming over traffic management in Delhi.

I hope I am able to add some value to topics discussed, or better, yet to be discussed, and also enrich my knowledge further.

That is me. I don't conform to most popular views, and feel like investigating every word like a suspicious old man

Cars the family has owned in the past:

M800 (Red - 1st gen - 1988) Toyota Corolla (green - 1990 Import) Ford Mercury Lynx a.k.a Escort in some markets (Red - 1990 Import) ( M800 mpfi (white - 2000 - College), Maruti Esteem Lxi (Henna Green - 1998 - family vehicle), Ford Ikon 1.6 zxi (silver - 2004 - My first earned car!), Hyundai Accent Glx (white - 2003 - family vehicle),

Cars we own currently:

Maruti Swift Vdi (black - 08 - beater car), Honda Accord (black - 07 - family vehicle), Volkswagen polo trendline tdi (red - 2011 - mom's ride), Maruti Swift Vdi (blue - 2012 - wife's car) Volkswagen Vento tdi Highline (black - 2013 - Shared by me and dad)


I love hitting the road, albeit in perfect conditions, which is a myth.

Still I love the drive!
Distant Second is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 09:32   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,056
Thanked: 3,226 Times
Default re: Engines Humming in my ears

PLease take a look at this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ngine-bay.html (Please help - Humming noise from engine bay)

Also, in your introduction, you have glossed over facts about the humming. DO let us know what car, what speeds etc

Hazing over, so welcome on board!
Thats a long list of cars, by the way.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 14:51   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
S2!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,800
Thanked: 8,946 Times
Default Re: Engines Humming in my ears

Hi Distant Second,

Welcome to the Team-BHP Community.

You've put up a nice introduction there. Good to have you on-board

Just curious, why is your handle 'Distant Second'??
S2!!! is offline  
Old 7th July 2015, 18:50   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,229
Thanked: 21,890 Times
Default Re: Engines Humming in my ears

Welcome aboard Distant Second!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distant Second View Post
I like complicated situations, and feel everything is overpriced. I am usually not convinced with the world, duly hoping for miracles, daydreaming about a Porsche 911 and a Rolls Royce Phantom. I ambitiously plan to own at-least one special & (dare I say)timeless car in every category and build a nice garage by the time I have lost some hair. Also, as cliquish as it may sound, I am toying with the idea of moving to another country in a few years only for the sake of enjoying longish drives on better roads and relatively smoother traffic in a great car of my choice. For now however, I have settled with what I feel are average to good and affordable automobiles in our country.
It's like we're living parallel lives here
Rehaan is offline  
Old 7th July 2015, 20:53   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 29
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Hi Distant Second,

Welcome to the Team-BHP Community.

You've put up a nice introduction there. Good to have you on-board

Just curious, why is your handle 'Distant Second'??

Thank you for the welcome

About the Handle - refers to one's passions & interests in general, which sometimes may come second to the supposedly more important aspects of life. And maybe that is how some of us want it.

If you spare a minute, you can watch this to know what I am saying:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-Rcx...rplane_part_3/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

It's like we're living parallel lives here
Hi Rehan,

That feels nice. And I forgot to mention about mountain biking! Sounds like we have more than a few traits in common

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
PLease take a look at this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ngine-bay.html (Please help - Humming noise from engine bay)

Also, in your introduction, you have glossed over facts about the humming. DO let us know what car, what speeds etc

Hazing over, so welcome on board!
Thats a long list of cars, by the way.
Hi Mayankk,

Thank you for the welcome.

I have a couple of plans.

1. my first mod project (Lancer to Evo), but its too early to say anything right now as I am still thinking on it.
2. GQ road trip - planned to an extent, going for sure in late sep/oct/nov 2015, yet to finalise the dates.

Indebted to the info I got from the forum that helped with the planning.

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th July 2015 at 00:14. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Distant Second is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gurgaon - PEARL HONDA - Music for Honda Owners' Ears..!!! asejwal Indian Car Dealerships 8 26th September 2014 19:00
Got BHP? You bet. Of 'B'ears, 'H'aathis and 'P'eacocks at Nagarhole Saurabh M Travelogues 22 16th December 2013 20:55
F1 engine sounds like music to my ears...literally!!! Shan2nu Shifting gears 6 8th January 2009 19:58
Finally- it's music to my ears.... vkhandelwal In-Car Entertainment 17 12th September 2007 14:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks