Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 17th July 2015, 18:50   #1
BHPian

Smile Thanks for letting me in!

Hi Mods,

Thanks a lot for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful team.
After a couple of attempts, I am glad to be here. It was Live to Drive sticker that has brought me here.

A small Intro -

I am Ragav Jayaraman from Salem. I am a B Tech graduate working for an IT giant in Chennai, currently put up in London on a deputation.
My daily commute to college was in a TVS Star city, a faithful work horse. But the moment I saw FZ16 I fell for it and mine was the first one to be delivered in SALEM
My office commute in Chennai includes a RE classic 350 and Wagon R LXI. Apart from driving I am interested in learning about wildlife and ancient history.

Hope that I will give something back to the forum from where I have gained a lot.
RJ411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 19:22   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Thanks for letting me in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ411 View Post
My office commute in Chennai includes a RE classic 350 and Wagon R LXI.
Welcome to the Forum Jayaraman,

That is a nice, garage you have got. Good to see your interests apart from Automobiles.

Have a great stay!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 21:40   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the forum, RJ411.

Quite a change it would have been, graduating from an FZ to the Bullet. My brother is also a bike-enthusiast and we have recently bought the Thunderbird 350. Do share ownership reviews of your rides soon.

Get familiar with the forum rules (and the announcements section) for a pleasant and smoother journey. Have a great stay here!
Nik2772 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 15:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Welcome to the Forum Jayaraman,

That is a nice, garage you have got. Good to see your interests apart from Automobiles.

Have a great stay!
Thanks a lot a4anurag. Bullets have always fascinated me as it has been for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik2772 View Post
Welcome to the forum, RJ411.

Quite a change it would have been, graduating from an FZ to the Bullet. My brother is also a bike-enthusiast and we have recently bought the Thunderbird 350. Do share ownership reviews of your rides soon.

Get familiar with the forum rules (and the announcements section) for a pleasant and smoother journey. Have a great stay here!
Thanks Nik2772. It was indeed quite a change to drive an RE in traffic. But unfortunately I didn't got much time to spend with it as I had to move to the UK immediately after getting it. Itching now to go back and get my hands on it.
Old 19th July 2015, 02:11   #5
BHPian

Default Re: Thanks for letting me in!

Welcome to Team Bhp Sir. Wish you an awesome stay over here.

Nice to see you are from Salem. I have crossed this place many a times for most of my long drives towards Tamilnadu/Kerala from Bangalore. Salem used to be our first stopping point to have food irrespective of the time ! Once i remember having egg dosa for the first time around 12am in a road side Dhaba just after crossing Salem! Your introduction rekindled few nice memories from my past!

Last edited by Samba : 19th July 2015 at 02:14.
Samba is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 18:49   #6
BHPian

Default Re: Thanks for letting me in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Welcome to Team Bhp Sir. Wish you an awesome stay over here.

Nice to see you are from Salem. I have crossed this place many a times for most of my long drives towards Tamilnadu/Kerala from Bangalore. Salem used to be our first stopping point to have food irrespective of the time ! Once i remember having egg dosa for the first time around 12am in a road side Dhaba just after crossing Salem! Your introduction rekindled few nice memories from my past!
Thanks Samba.It always gives a great feeling when we remember those pleasant memories.

I grew up right alongside the NH7 just in front of the Periyar University campus. You can notice this building after the Omalur toll gate on your left side.

The place where the toll gate is present now was our home ground for cricket tournaments . As kids, watching the entire NH7 unfold in front our eyes was something fantastic.
RJ411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread