Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 26th August 2015, 23:16   #1

Default Happy to be a part of Team-BHP

I am lover of Ford cars. I am a Professor at IIT Kanpur and I own a Ford Figo.
I had taken in base model since the I worry about car catching fires and want to have a fool proof exit. I am happy to be a part of TEAM-BHP so that I can get some good advice from my fellow BHP-ians. I will write in the proper forum about my worries in buying a Ford Aspire and that too a fully loaded ones since I am aware of the perils of the auto-lock system.
However I enjoy driving my FIGO and have taken long highway drives.
ford-driver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 23:34   #2
BHPian

Default re: Happy to be a part of Team-BHP

Welcome to Team - Bhp!

Happy to know you are a FORD owner too! I own a 1.6 Petrol Fiesta Clxi. Love the Ford cars for the Build, steering feedback, handling, awesome engine, super A.S.S.

Your next upgrade has to be the Aspire!!
Old 27th August 2015, 06:00   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum, ford driver! Wish you many hours of happy cruising here.

I am a little puzzled by your statement about the perils of fully loaded cars- can you please expand in your point? Most of us here prefer higher end variants of cars precisely because they offer safety features like airbags, ABS, EBD, ESP etc. Unless you carry out mods that involve extensive rewiring I don't really see a fire risk in top variants.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 06:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Happy to be a part of Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

I am a little puzzled by your statement about the perils of fully loaded cars- can you please expand in your point?
Well, I belive cases of people being trapped inside a burning car, unable to open the self-locking doors, has rattled ford-driver. That's an apprehension even my uncle shares.

@ford-driver
I'm not sure about Ford, but Fiat cars come with fire prevention system- in the case of an impact, the fuel is cut off and all doors are unlocked and cabin lights turned on.

Also, do go through this thread; useful whether you drive a top end or a base model.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/163949-kubotan-5-safety-device-can-break-car-window-help-you-escape-fire.html
Closed Thread