Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 17th September 2015, 14:41   #1
BHPian

Default A newbie in the Team-BHP family

Hailing from a village in southern Tamilnadu, studied MCA and started my career as a software engineer and got the opportunity to travel to USA in the first two years.
It was the coldest winter I ever experienced in -40 degree Celsius in Minneapolis when I planned to return to India after living there for about 18 months and the first thing I wanted to do in India is to purchase my first ever car.

I owned a second hand Nissan Sentra GXE in the US for my daily commutation during my stay there. That was the time, I started doing lot of research about any product that I buy. So no wonder I wanted to get in-depth and unbiased reviews on my first ever car before I buy my first ever car with half a million budget back in 2009.

Swift was talk of the town in hatchback during that time and I started to read about this car without having seen it before. I happened to get most of the answers only in Team BHP website. I bookmarked this site first, later I was able to connect the dots with “Love cars, Live Cars” and other Team BHP stickers which I have seen earlier. From then, I am spending a lot of time in following this exemplary Team BHP forum.

Though I did lot of research, I ended up buying VXI model without ABS and Airbags for which I felt bad later. Luckily (and touch wood) I have not had any major instance where I would have regretted for my choice of buy. The car has now clocked 80,000 KMS and up for sale.
Now, I have booked Creta and awaiting its delivery. I will talk more about this in the relevant forums.

With lot of interest in travel, photography and car, I feel proud to say that I have lived in 3 countries till now and covered most of the tourist places (by road) on wherever I have traveled. First one being US, the second was United Kingdom where I stayed for 7 months and lot of driving there too. This was the time My Swift was in forced sabbatical.

One of the most memorable drive was the scenic drive in south of the highlands in Scotland. We as a group of 8 people in two rental cars covered Inverness and many other places in highlands driving through ghat sections, around the snow-cap Mountains and coastal roads. Indeed a great experience. The last one being Japan where I did not get a chance to drive but to see lot of cars.

I am now working as a Senior Consultant in Deloitte Consulting. I live in Bangalore with my wife and 3 years old daughter.
kmsithan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 18:22   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: A newbie in the Team-BHP family

Welcome, @kmsithan ! Your intro reminds me of my entry to TBHP. I had just returned from US, and was browsing for info when I chanced upon TBHP. I thought will come back to it later, and I did - after a few months. I think by that time I had even purchased my car. I should have joined right then - my choice at that point would ahve definitely changed.

Travel, photography, cars .. tell us about it !! There's many of us here like that. Do share your travelogues so we can see the beauty of those places at least through your pics.

Hope you enjoy your stay here !
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 22:29   #3
BHPian

Default Re: A newbie in the Team-BHP family

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Welcome, @kmsithan ! Your intro reminds me of my entry to TBHP. I had just returned from US, and was browsing for info when I chanced upon TBHP. I thought will come back to it later, and I did - after a few months. I think by that time I had even purchased my car. I should have joined right then - my choice at that point would ahve definitely changed.
Thank you condor. Yes, even in my case I would have gone for the top end variant of swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Travel, photography, cars .. tell us about it !! There's many of us here like that. Do share your travelogues so we can see the beauty of those places at least through your pics.

Hope you enjoy your stay here !
Sure. I have them in my to do list.
Closed Thread