Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2015, 11:09   #1
Newbie
 
KavinTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Erode
Posts: 0
Thanked: 4 Times
Smile I just got BHP'ed

What can i say, I'm one of those who drunk liquid luck yesterday.

Yesterday:
Been visiting Team-BHP for quite some time and knowing how hard it is to get a membership, I was never confident that my membership will be approved. After a long and tiring week, things got to a whole new level of excitement when I randomly logged into Team-BHP at around 10.05 AM and found that my membership was approved. My phone finally decided to sync and show the approval mail only and 10.10 AM. I was like "Thank you dear Lumia, but you are late to the party". An intro was right on cards then, but got a disaster call from my manager that he need me in office ASAP.

Today:
Woke up, hadbreakfast and sat down to say hello to fellow BHPians. So here it is, a little introduction about me.
I am Kavin, a 26 year old Software Engineer hailing from one of the remotest villages in the district of Erode, Tamil nadu. I love anything and everything that runs on tyres, be it a car, bike, truck or anything for that matter.

What i own:
I have a Swift VXI which i bought quite recently on June 2015. I also have an Apache RTR 160 for the past 4 years. I used to drive my sister's Alto extensively, but she got it upgraded to Swift ZDI recently.

What i like to own:
In the next couple of years, I'm planning to get the following, in no particular order.
1) A Lancer - a black Lancer is my dream car for a long time.
2) A Jeep - a soft top MM540/550. I mean, who doesn't love a jeep.
3) Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 - as much as i would love to continue with my Apache, i have to admit its getting old and seriously need a break.

Misc:
I'm planning to build a couple of Android apps that would be of good use to us petrolheads. I will post them in a separate thread once i finalize on the concept.
KavinTech is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 12:41   #2
BHPian
 
Aakarsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ranchi/Dehradun
Posts: 105
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: I just got BHP'ed

Welcome to the family KavinTech. I also got my membership approved yesterday only. You can check my Introduction thread if you wish to. I can understand the excitement and happiness a petrolhead like us possess when we receive the confitmation mail.

It seems to be interesting.An engineer by profession, a petrolhead by passion developing apps Would love to see the result.

Regards
Aakarsh
Aakarsh is offline  
Old 26th September 2015, 12:53   #3
BHPian
 
petrolhead_neel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Burdwan
Posts: 606
Thanked: 947 Times
Default

Hello and welcome to the forum. Been quite a while since I posted on an intro thread but this one was so interesting that I couldn't resist.

Do go by the rules and wish you a nice stay.

Do you wish to get a pre owned Lancer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KavinTech View Post

Misc:
I'm planning to build a couple of Android apps that would be of good use to us petrolheads. I will post them in a separate thread once i finalize on the concept.
Please, please keep us updated.

Keep revvin'
Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline  
Old 26th September 2015, 22:32   #4
Newbie
 
KavinTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Erode
Posts: 0
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: I just got BHP'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post
Welcome to the family KavinTech. I also got my membership approved yesterday only. You can check my Introduction thread if you wish to. I can understand the excitement and happiness a petrolhead like us possess when we receive the confitmation mail.

It seems to be interesting.An engineer by profession, a petrolhead by passion developing apps Would love to see the result.

Regards
Aakarsh
Thanks Aakarsh. Your introduction was the first topic i visited today morning. Cranked the engine at 3? You are a true petrolhead my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum. Been quite a while since I posted on an intro thread but this one was so interesting that I couldn't resist.

Do go by the rules and wish you a nice stay.

Do you wish to get a pre owned Lancer?
Thanks for stopping by at my intro Neel. And yes, I'm planning to get a pre owner Lancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Please, please keep us updated.

Keep revvin'
Neel
Sure. I'm quite eager to get some inputs from fellow BHPians before starting. Will work on some wireframes and post a detailed topic separately.
KavinTech is offline  
Old 27th September 2015, 02:42   #5
BHPian
 
Aakarsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ranchi/Dehradun
Posts: 105
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: I just got BHP'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KavinTech View Post
Thanks Aakarsh. Your introduction was the first topic i visited today morning. Cranked the engine at 3? You are a true petrolhead my friend.
Thanks for the kind words KavinTech. And had also put my relative's zen in neutral when I was all alone in the car, exploring things, dreaming with my eyes open (how i would drive cars one day) and finally resulting in rolling back of the car in backward direction from another relatives's parking lot (where the car was parked) and hitting the main gate of the campus, damaging the hatch as well as smashing the tail lights. This happened all way back in 2003 or 2004 when I was about 7 years of age.
Aakarsh is offline  
Old 27th September 2015, 11:23   #6
Newbie
 
KavinTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Erode
Posts: 0
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: I just got BHP'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post
Thanks for the kind words KavinTech. And had also put my relative's zen in neutral when I was all alone in the car, exploring things, dreaming with my eyes open (how i would drive cars one day) and finally resulting in rolling back of the car in backward direction from another relatives's parking lot (where the car was parked) and hitting the main gate of the campus, damaging the hatch as well as smashing the tail lights. This happened all way back in 2003 or 2004 when I was about 7 years of age.
lol, you remind me of my nephew. He is 3 year old now and whenever i let him play in front seat, he releases the handbrake. Fortunately I'm always around when he plays inside the car.
KavinTech is offline  
Old 27th September 2015, 13:41   #7
BHPian
 
Aakarsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ranchi/Dehradun
Posts: 105
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: I just got BHP'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KavinTech View Post
lol, you remind me of my nephew. He is 3 year old now and whenever i let him play in front seat, he releases the handbrake. Fortunately I'm always around when he plays inside the car.
We have another petrolhead in the team brother. Take my words he is going to be a future BHPian for sure.
By the way, I am also very fond of lancers, but hardly find any which is maintained in top notch condition. A college senior had a black lancer but was in awful condition. I think it was 2003 model, sold for 65k bucks few month ago.
Aakarsh is offline  
Old 27th September 2015, 16:24   #8
Newbie
 
Pravinzs77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 12
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: I just got BHP'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KavinTech View Post

I'm planning to build a couple of Android apps that would be of good use to us petrolheads. I will post them in a separate thread once i finalize on the concept.
Welcome to the club KavinTech! Please keep us posted about your apps.
Pravinzs77 is offline  
Old 27th September 2015, 16:54   #9
Newbie
 
KavinTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Erode
Posts: 0
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: I just got BHP'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post
We have another petrolhead in the team brother. Take my words he is going to be a future BHPian for sure.
I'm sure he will.
Quote:
By the way, I am also very fond of lancers, but hardly find any which is maintained in top notch condition. A college senior had a black lancer but was in awful condition. I think it was 2003 model, sold for 65k bucks few month ago.
Indeed. Best idea would be to ask around BHPians first and see if they personally know any Lancer for sale.
Team-BHP classifieds doesn't have much Lancers.
KavinTech is offline  
Old 27th September 2015, 19:21   #10
BHPian
 
Aakarsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ranchi/Dehradun
Posts: 105
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: I just got BHP'ed

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 28th September 2015 at 12:43.
Aakarsh is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team-BHP KEYCHAINS are here! Update: 'Got BHP?' design & mixed set added... Rehaan Announcements 580 22nd August 2017 15:47
Got BHP? I got it! Hrishi_111 Introduce yourself 1 8th August 2014 09:39
Just got Bhp’d! 4k_jz Introduce yourself 4 9th May 2014 18:56
got bhp? Yeah – I’ve got bhp! Vikas Arora Introduce yourself 3 18th September 2012 20:37
i-10 family just got bigger on T-BHP rkavthekar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 17 2nd February 2009 15:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:13.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks