Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2015, 22:30   #1
BHPian
 
winsler_srider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: KL-07/KLIA
Posts: 70
Thanked: 61 Times
Thumbs up Something's missing - Yeah, it was an intro!



To all the minds that stir up lot many ideas and news, wishes and doubts, queries and solutions, guidance and support, organizing and managing n number of entities related to anything on/about automotive machine, I firstly give a SALUTE.

I'm an IT professional from Cochin. Fairly new in this group with only a year plus experience un-officially and 3 months officially. I've already made few query posts and didn't get a chance to introduce myself.
Love things that run on wheels from toy cars that I got, made up of Ujala bottle with sandal tires on twigs to what we see today, the future cars, space-age rides from world famous makers. Got hooked up here sometime back related to a purpose and so thought to join the forum. Now more than doing my work, I give my whole time for surfing about news in this portal - just kidding.

With the time that I have spent here wandering, the perspective that I had have grown to a new level, learned a lot, still learning more every day. For the knowledge that we can take from here, those who share it for people like me plays a big role and I express my regards to them. Hoping to start with tiny things, build from there and make lot many achievements with all your support and guidance, supporting others along the go and share my experience.

Looking forward.

regards,
winsler
winsler_srider is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 13:09   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
S2!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,800
Thanked: 8,953 Times
Default re: Something's missing - Yeah, it was an intro!

Welcome aboard. I'm guessing by now you must be well-acquainted with the rules of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsler_srider View Post
I'm an IT professional from Cochin. Fairly new in this group with only a year plus experience un-officially and 3 months officially. I've already made few query posts and didn't get a chance to introduce myself.
Better late than never, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsler_srider View Post
Love things that run on wheels from toy cars that I got, made up of Ujala bottle with sandal tires on twigs to what we see today, the future cars, space-age rides from world famous makers.
Didn't quite understand this. Is it something you created as a kid or something else? Could you explain or even better still, post a picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsler_srider View Post
With the time that I have spent here wandering, the perspective that I had have grown to a new level, learned a lot, still learning more every day.
That's the beauty of this forum. Each day you get to learn something new due to the inputs from 80,000+ members from diverse background, all pooling in their knowledge and experience.
S2!!! is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 13:41   #3
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,724
Thanked: 9,215 Times
Default re: Something's missing - Yeah, it was an intro!

Welcome to Team BHP winsler!

Our Cochin T-BHP chapter is very active and the members meet up quite often. Do keep an eye on this thread - Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin).

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Didn't quite understand this. Is it something you created as a kid or something else? Could you explain or even better still, post a picture?
Here you go Saumil:

Name:  78.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  37.1 KB
(From Google Images)

A stick is inserted through the neck of the bottle, we hold it and walk/run around. IIRC, it is referred to as the Ujala-vandi (vandi means vehicle in Malayalam). Very popular as a home-made toy in the Kerala village households. Not sure if the children still play around with this. I have fond memories of playing with this (among several other thingamajigs we used to make) when we had spent our summer vacations in our native places.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 18:25   #4
BHPian
 
winsler_srider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: KL-07/KLIA
Posts: 70
Thanked: 61 Times
Smile Re: Something's missing - Yeah, it was an intro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Welcome aboard. I'm guessing by now you must be well-acquainted with the rules of the forum.

Better late than never, right?

Didn't quite understand this. Is it something you created as a kid or something else ? Could you explain or even better still, post a picture?

That's the beauty of this forum. Each day you get to learn something new due to the inputs from 80,000+ members from diverse background, all pooling in their knowledge and experience.
Thanks S2[ Saumil ]. Yeah, the rules part is with me. And when ever I get doubt on how things are to be done, I look up on to that archives. No worries.
About the Ujala ride, I thanks Gannu_1 for the image shared. Its nostalgic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Welcome to Team BHP winsler!

Our Cochin T-BHP chapter is very active and the members meet up quite often. Do keep an eye on this thread - Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin).



Here you go Saumil:

Attachment 1427424
(From Google Images)

A stick is inserted through the neck of the bottle, we hold it and walk/run around. IIRC, it is referred to as the Ujala-vandi (vandi means vehicle in Malayalam). Very popular as a home-made toy in the Kerala village households. Not sure if the children still play around with this. I have fond memories of playing with this (among several other thingamajigs we used to make) when we had spent our summer vacations in our native places.
It was common in my place about 12 years ago I guess. Even I have made the same out of old sandals for my cousins. Memories.

For the Cochin meet link that you have shared, lot of thanks. I was actually running as a lone ride, no company and struggling to keep pace. I could remember contacting Dhanush all the time for helps on my jeep details. Thanks to him too.
I will sure follow this link Gannu, it feels good that I made an intro at least now.

regards,
winsler
winsler_srider is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP) kau_therock Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 97 26th December 2014 17:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:49.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks