Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2015, 10:50   #1
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 130
Thanked: 89 Times
Default A pleasant surprise

Dear All,

It was 14th October at 19.21, after 3 years 9 months, after 6 attempts, yes, finally it was a pleasant surprise when I saw the 'approval' email from team-bhp.
I came to know about this forum through one of my colleague at work, when I was planning to replace my 7 year old WagonR. Initially, I thought this could be like any 'other' forum/website and I could get the membership by default. In fact, even after my membership got rejected couple of times, I didn't realize the seriousness and still did not bother to fill in those details seriously. Initially, I was kind of angry and then that anger turned into frustration for not getting the membership. So, for almost three years I did not bother to attempt it again because anyway I was getting to learn lot of things as I was still in ‘reading/grasping’ mode. But, in the recent months, I started realizing that, even I can contribute to this forum by sharing my experiences and also helping others with my inputs. Since I got that thought, this was the first attempt and got the membership in the first attempt itself.

But one thing is for sure, since that first day I visited this website, I am kind of addicted to it and now it has become a 'one-stop' forum to not only read the automobile stuff, but also various other things like travelogues, gadgets (one of my favourite thread), etc.

Okay, let me go back and try to introduce myself first. Currently I am working for Philips India Limited as a Sr Architect.
I come from very poor (financially) background where we didn't had a two wheeler at home till I started working. In fact, I didn't even had a bi-cycle to commute to school till 10th. So, got my first bi-cycle when I was in 10th, brought my first two wheeler after completing one year at job and brought my first car after 13 years at job. Though I started these things (riding/driving) at a very late age, I learnt them very quickly and mastered them to control the way I wanted to.

Vehicles that I owned, at some point of time in my life so far.
1. Hero Honda Splendor – 1998 – 2004 (I lost this bike one night, when someone plucked it out from the compound wall)
2. Honda Activa – 2004 – Till date (going strong)
3. WagonR – 2005 – 2012 – This was 2001 model brought from Maruti True Value. This being from initial batch of WagonR car, I heard that the engine was imported one. Currently this car is being used by co-brother. This being my first car, I still love this vehicle and have a kind of sentimental attachment to it.
4. Etios Liva GD – 2012 – till date. I am planning to replace this car with an utility vehicle early next year.

Coming back to my interests:
I love to watch/follow sports. There are hardly any sports left, that I do not follow! I used to play till my college days and since then I am in ‘following’ mode.
I always keep up to date with the world current affairs. My favourite website is BBC.
I love to visit places, but one condition is, I need to drive to that place and does not like to commute by Bus/Train.
I love gadgets and again, I always keep following what’s the latest in the gadget world.
I am a mathematics geek and love to play around with the numbers.
Finally, I does not like my car to have a major dent or damage and get it repaired immediately even if it costs a bomb.

Finally, thanks for the moderators to allowing me into this forum and I promise that I will always adhere to the rules and keep contributing to this forum, in whatever capacity that I can.

Regards,
Srini.
kavensri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 11:29   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,348
Thanked: 8,158 Times
Default re: A pleasant surprise

Great to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
In fact, even after my membership got rejected couple of times, I didn't realize the seriousness and still did not bother to fill in those details seriously. Initially, I was kind of angry and then that anger turned into frustration for not getting the membership. So, for almost three years I did not bother to attempt it again because anyway I was getting to learn lot of things as I was still in ‘reading/grasping’ mode. But, in the recent months, I started realizing that, even I can contribute to this forum by sharing my experiences and also helping others with my inputs. Since I got that thought, this was the first attempt and got the membership in the first attempt itself.
See there is a silver lining every where. The faster you see it, the better! Isn't it?

Even my membership happened over a couple of attempts!


Quote:
Okay, let me go back and try to introduce myself first. Currently I am working for Philips India Limited as a Sr Architect.
Nice to hear that. Are you into product/system design?

Quote:
I come from very poor (financially) background where we didn't had a two wheeler at home till I started working. In fact, I didn't even had a bi-cycle to commute to school till 10th. So, got my first bi-cycle when I was in 10th, brought my first two wheeler after completing one year at job and brought my first car after 13 years at job. Though I started these things (riding/driving) at a very late age, I learnt them very quickly and mastered them to control the way I wanted to.
It does not matter about the background. What matters most is, how much respect, appreciation & sensitivity, you develop for elements around you (things/people etc) and treat them accordingly. And I can already see you have a solid base in that! Looking forward to see you around.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 11:38   #3
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 130
Thanked: 89 Times
Default re: A pleasant surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Great to have you here!
Thanks again for allowing me to join this 'distinguished' forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
See there is a silver lining every where. The faster you see it, the better! Isn't it?
No better way to explain this Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice to hear that. Are you into product/system design?
Yes, I started my Philips career in 2001 and now into 15th year. All along, worked on various products starting with private EPABX, TV, MP3 player and now since last 8 years or so in the medical products. I am an application specialist for an embedded product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
It does not matter about the background. What matters most is, how much respect, appreciation & sensitivity, you develop for elements around you (things/people etc) and treat them accordingly. And I can already see you have a solid base in that! Looking forward to see you around.
Thanks again for your words. I am looking forward to have a great time with this forum and also love to meet as many team-bhpians as possible.
kavensri is offline  
Old 16th October 2015, 10:31   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 115
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: A pleasant surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Dear All,

It was 14th October at 19.21, after 3 years 9 months, after 6 attempts, yes, finally it was a pleasant surprise when I saw the 'approval' email from team-bhp.
I came to know about this forum through one of my colleague at work, when I was planning to replace my 7 year old WagonR. Initially, I thought this could be like any 'other' forum/website and I could get the membership by default. In fact, even after my membership got rejected couple of times, I didn't realize the seriousness and still did not bother to fill in those details seriously. Initially, I was kind of angry and then that anger turned into frustration for not getting the membership. So, for almost three years I did not bother to attempt it again because anyway I was getting to learn lot of things as I was still in ‘reading/grasping’ mode. But, in the recent months, I started realizing that, even I can contribute to this forum by sharing my experiences and also helping others with my inputs. Since I got that thought, this was the first attempt and got the membership in the first attempt itself.

But one thing is for sure, since that first day I visited this website, I am kind of addicted to it and now it has become a 'one-stop' forum to not only read the automobile stuff, but also various other things like travelogues, gadgets (one of my favourite thread), etc.

Okay, let me go back and try to introduce myself first. Currently I am working for Philips India Limited as a Sr Architect.
I come from very poor (financially) background where we didn't had a two wheeler at home till I started working. In fact, I didn't even had a bi-cycle to commute to school till 10th. So, got my first bi-cycle when I was in 10th, brought my first two wheeler after completing one year at job and brought my first car after 13 years at job. Though I started these things (riding/driving) at a very late age, I learnt them very quickly and mastered them to control the way I wanted to.

Vehicles that I owned, at some point of time in my life so far.
1. Hero Honda Splendor – 1998 – 2004 (I lost this bike one night, when someone plucked it out from the compound wall)
2. Honda Activa – 2004 – Till date (going strong)
3. WagonR – 2005 – 2012 – This was 2001 model brought from Maruti True Value. This being from initial batch of WagonR car, I heard that the engine was imported one. Currently this car is being used by co-brother. This being my first car, I still love this vehicle and have a kind of sentimental attachment to it.
4. Etios Liva GD – 2012 – till date. I am planning to replace this car with an utility vehicle early next year.

Coming back to my interests:
I love to watch/follow sports. There are hardly any sports left, that I do not follow! I used to play till my college days and since then I am in ‘following’ mode.
I always keep up to date with the world current affairs. My favourite website is BBC.
I love to visit places, but one condition is, I need to drive to that place and does not like to commute by Bus/Train.
I love gadgets and again, I always keep following what’s the latest in the gadget world.
I am a mathematics geek and love to play around with the numbers.
Finally, I does not like my car to have a major dent or damage and get it repaired immediately even if it costs a bomb.

Finally, thanks for the moderators to allowing me into this forum and I promise that I will always adhere to the rules and keep contributing to this forum, in whatever capacity that I can.

Regards,
Srini.

welcome aboard. it took me couple of attempts and the first time when i got rejected i was furious. Having spent a considerable number of years in the USA I thought the forum is missing something!! When i see people like you who have tried for so many years that makes you think that its definitely a privilege and honor to be on team-bhp. It also taught me how to be humble. you could be the greatest car aficionado in the world but the collective wisdom will always be superior.

enjoy your stay on team-bhp!!

cheers,

Krish
krcustoms is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ranganathittu - A Pleasant surprise shankar.balan Travelogues 5 4th May 2009 10:51
The Mobile Store RR Phantom in TVM.. And it wasn't such a pleasant sight!! karthik247 Super-Cars & Imports in India 63 24th December 2008 23:49
Unusually Pleasant Experience In Rto: Ka-03 eclectix 1st Shifting gears 5 4th May 2008 09:58
Traffic cops at their best - a Pleasant Experience esteem_lover Street Experiences 73 3rd January 2008 22:55
Concorde Motors - Mysore Road: Pleasant Experience kdadi Indian Car Dealerships 10 7th June 2007 19:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:31.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks