Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 24th October 2015, 15:51   #1
BHPian

Talking Eureka! Eureka! Moment of Archimedes

Finally here I am with my first post on TBHP.

First of all a warm HELLO to all the TBHPians! I had been following TBHP since 2006 and honestly it took 6 attempts to be a part of this elite forum. I donít have words to describe how it feels but nothing less than Eureka! Eureka! Moment of Archimedes.

Frankly guys, my initial 5 attempts were just novice. I was not so serious about my answers and like everyone does to the other forums, just agreeing to the terms and conditions without actually reading them . But this is where TBHP is different and stand apart from the crowd.

At certain point of time I also gave up and never tried to register on TBHP for few years. But as the time went by, my addiction of TBHP overcame to my fallback due to rejections. And finally on the auspicious day of Ashtami (eight day of Navratri) MAA DURGA showered her blessings on me and I received the approval mail.

My Introduction :-
Name : Jitesh Mange (would prefer to be called Jeet)
TBHP Handle : J_Man
Ethnicity : Gujrati (Kutchi)
Locality : Mulund (Mumbai)
Native Place : Naliya (Kutch)
Profession : Clearance of Imports and Exports

My Current Cars :-
Toyota Innova (Diesel) done with ODO reading 154000 Kms
Fiat Grande Punto 90 HP done with ODO reading 84000 Kms

My Previous Cars :-
Tata Sumo (bought the second hand one, just to learn driving)
Fiat Palio (Petrol) (my first love of cars)
Maruti Swift VDI (Diesel) (No offence to Swift owners, but after driving Fiat Palio for 7 years, Swift was not my cup of tea)

My Roadtrips :-
Mumbai - Kutch via NH8 (yearly thrice)
Mumbai - Malshej - Bhimashankar (yearly twice)
Mumbai - Vapi (My in-laws reside there so probably every alternate month)
Mumbai - Pune (Client Visit)
Mumbai - Shirdi
Mumbai - Goa
And wish to do many moreÖ.

I personally donít know any of the TBHP members but would definitely like to make as many friends possible here. And heartiest thanks to mods for letting me in and be a part of this beautiful community.

Thanks,
Jeet
J_Man is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 13:15   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Eureka! Eureka! Moment of Archimedes

Kem Cho . Padhaaro, padhaaro.

Looks like you hold onto your cars well into the 6-figures. I'm from that school of thought too .

Great to have you with us!
Old 27th October 2015, 15:46   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Kem Cho . Padhaaro, padhaaro.
That was hilarious greeting GTO, it definitely put smiles on my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Looks like you hold onto your cars well into the 6-figures. I'm from that school of thought too .

Great to have you with us!
Well GTO, there is a big reason for holding the cars to 6 figures. The buying decision always comes from the heart brushing aside the various mind factors like mileage, features, VFM etc.

Also during the process of selling my Maruti Swift VDI and simultaneously buying Fiat Grande Punto 90Hp, many of my friends tried to convince me to go for Hyundai I20 but my heart had already made the decision favouring Fiat GP 90hp.

One of my neighbour also asked me "Do you think that Fiat will give you as much resale value as Maruti?"
My point of view is that if you have extracted enough juice from your car then Do you really need to think of the resale value?

I just like to keep munching miles with my tried and tested steed.
Old 27th October 2015, 19:04   #4
BHPian

Welcome Jitesh from another newbie !

I fully agree with you on the choice of car and your thoughts about resale value. In fact, I have always been a fan of Fiat, but somehow never got down to buying one simply because of a the poor after sales service.
Closed Thread