Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 28th October 2015, 19:52   #1
BHPian

Talking Hello Team-BHP!

Ever since I have applied for my membership, I have been checking my mailbox every couple of hours hoping that I'll get an update. Well, I got the update today. After more than 10 attempts, I was approved! Needless to say, I couldn't contain my excitement when I saw this-

Attachment 1432233

I admit dancing and shouting a bit when I saw this, but that's understandable, isn't it?

A bit about myself:
  • I am a student who also does freelance work. I have also done some acting but felt it wasn't for me. Might try again in the future.
  • I first heard about Team-BHP 4 years back when my uncle mentioned this website. I started applying for a membership two years ago if I remember correct.
  • Apart from cars, I am a huge motorbike lover and I also like riding bicycles. Outside of the automotive industry, I am into technology, programming and I have been interested a lot in fitness lately.
  • I haven't bought any car with my own money, but my family has had many cars. I might have to add a separate list for this!
History with cars (India):
  • Grandfather and father shared a 118NE when my father worked for Premier.
  • Bought a Padmini and gave the 118NE to an uncle.
  • Sold the Padmini and bought two Fiat Unos.
  • One Uno had rats and the other had cockroaches so sold both of them and bought a Ford Ikon.
  • Bought an Esteem.
  • Ford Ikon was ridiculously expensive to maintain and gave terrible FE so replaced it with a Tata Indigo Marina. First car I ever drove!
  • Grandfather got another Marina in gold.
  • Sold the gold Marina and bought an Omni.
  • Sold the Omni and bought a Zen.
  • The other Marina was burnt to a crisp due to wires nibbled by rats.
  • Returned to India and were looking for a small car for daily commute. Bought a white Honda Brio.
  • Bought a grey Etios Liva.
  • Sold the Zen.
My parents and I were in Qatar for a year and so we chose to rent cars rather than buying. Total cost would be a bit higher, but would get a chance to experience multiple cars. The cars we rented were:
  • Nissan Sunny. Very basic car, not too bad for its price.
  • Nissan Altima. Had this for the longest duration of all. Loved the car.
  • Renault Safrane. Amazing car. Loved it. First car I drove in Qatar.
  • Nissan Pathfinder. First SUV in the family. Felt like we were in a helicopter because of the ride height
  • Nissan Tiida. Good city car. Was very nice and effortless to drive.
So that was a bit about myself. I'm sorry if it is long, I couldn't hold the excitement! I hope you enjoy reading. If there's anything you would like to know, I would be happy to reply. Thanks for reading guys, keep revvin'!
AnInternetUser is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 15:14   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Hello Team-BHP!

Welcome to Team-BHP. I cannot see the attachment, but I presume it is the membership confirmation that you have received.

Just like you (and probably most other BHPians) I am love cars, motorcycles and bicycles. Do you have any particular favourites?

Out of curiosity, what are you studying?

That's a pretty long list of cars your family has owned / rented!

Do take some time to go through the posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Old 30th October 2015, 15:35   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Hello Team-BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP. I cannot see the attachment, but I presume it is the membership confirmation that you have received.

Just like you (and probably most other BHPians) I am love cars, motorcycles and bicycles. Do you have any particular favourites?

Out of curiosity, what are you studying?

That's a pretty long list of cars your family has owned / rented!

Do take some time to go through the posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Yes, it was the confirmation email. I wonder why it didn't show. I have almost completed A Level, just a couple more months to go. Yes, the list is quite long. This was the main reason we decided to rent cars in Qatar. We usually change cars every 5 years.

I love Pagani and Lamborghini. Also, I feel Volvos aren't as popular as they should be. As far as bikes are concerned, I like the RX100. It was the fist bike I rode and enjoyed every minute of it. Another one of my favorites is the ZX6R. I spotted one while going to Lavasa and was thrilled! I don't really know much about bicycles, but I currently have a Maxit Crossbow but it is completely rusted (disadvantage of living near the sea). Might get an upgrade soon!
Closed Thread