Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 3rd November 2015, 07:02   #1
BHPian

Default My Introduction

Hello all,

Firstly I would like to thank Team BHP for letting me become a part of this community.

Coming to my introduction, I am like any 22 year old car enthusiast. I love driving and riding. Anything about a car or a bike excites me to no end. Here at Team BHP, I keep looking for older threads because of my love for the older cars. I am personally a fan of cars like the old Zen, the OHC etc.

My garage:

1. 1995 Maruti 800: It's run 54xxx km. It has been abused by a lot of drivers during it's initial run. However, now it's being taken care and driven only by father and me. It is in a perfect shape mechanically. The body has a couple of minor dents and scratches though.

2. 2001 Maruti Zen VX: My favorite little baby. It's been pampered by my family from the time it arrived. And now in my hands, more so. The car runs like a gem. It's done only about 72000 km though. Runs with Diesel Zen springs due to the alloys. Rest of the car is completely stock. Engine is a gem and feels as good as new.

3. 2013 Toyota Fortuner 4WD: Beast! It's run about 31,000 km now mostly by me. Lovely SUV. Well maintained and pampered again (now this became the family's eye candy replacing the Zen; for me the Zen retains the throne!)Everyone know its pros and cons so I am leaving it there.

4. 2011 Honda CBR250R ABS: I can speak all day about this piece of engineering! It may not excite everyone like the Duke does, but trust me, it is a bike to keep. It has seen umpteen torturous rides in my hands (2800 km in 40 hours in mid summer heat!) and it has not failed me once. Completely stock. It has run about 38000 km now and still does 160+ kmph (speedo) with my XL dimensions!

5. 2015 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Chrome: I thought girls in my college would notice me on my CBR. How wrong was I. I got this Enfield in my final year of engineering and realised what an attention grabber it is! Contrary to everyone's belief, I don't like touring on this bike. It vibrates, the wind blast can get to you, and it will take at least an year to reach 140 on the speedo! However, I love this bike for the torque and the attention it gets. It is a charmer! CBR is a boy's toy. Enfields are for men!
2009 Honda Dio: It goes on and on and on! Never dies. No emotional feelings towards this since I am not a gearless-scooter-guy.

Currently I am pursuing my MS in Mechanical Engineering in US. I am away from my dear vehicles and the feeling sucks! I keep pestering my mom if the vehicles are being cleaned/run etc since my dad is also not home for most part of the year. I miss driving/riding! I hope I am back home soon!

This is all about me. Thank you all again

Last edited by ampere : 3rd November 2015 at 07:18. Reason: Formatted spacing for better readability
saishivaj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:16   #2
BHPian

Default Re: My Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by saishivaj View Post

5. 2015 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Chrome:...
it will take at least an year to reach 140 on the speedo!

I recently drove a Thunderbird in NICE road in Bangalore. Not to say the experience was terrible. I just have a disregard for Enfields as the company hasn't improved the engine in decades. Throttle response was awful.

Quote:
Currently I am pursuing my MS in Mechanical Engineering in US.
Which university?
Curious to know as I'm heading down the same path and I'm planning to pursue masters in Mechanical Engineering/Automotive Systems Engineering in USA after I complete my bachelors degree in 2017.

It would be nice to interact with you and get some pointers. I'll drop you a PM.

EDIT: Can't drop you a PM until you've posted 25 times. Can we mail?

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 3rd November 2015 at 08:17.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 09:55   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post

Which university?
Curious to know as I'm heading down the same path and I'm planning to pursue masters in Mechanical Engineering/Automotive Systems Engineering in USA after I complete my bachelors degree in 2017.

It would be nice to interact with you and get some pointers. I'll drop you a PM.

EDIT: Can't drop you a PM until you've posted 25 times. Can we mail?
I just started off in University of Pennsylvania.
You can reach me on FB ( Sai Shiva J) if I can be of any help.
And true that about RE. Their engines may seem pre historic to us, who are spoilt for choice by the likes of new age bikes. They have their own charm though. Just wish they were just a tad bit refined and faster. But hard core Enfield fans would be against this statement I guess.
Old 3rd November 2015, 16:16   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saishivaj View Post
Currently I am pursuing my MS in Mechanical Engineering in US.
At the UPenn! Congratulations. You must be really smart .

Quote:
I am away from my dear vehicles and the feeling sucks!
I have just the cure for that - go pre-worshipped in the USA! You are in the best used car market of the world. $5000 can get you a lovely sporty coupe, or a muscle car. Since you have a thing for older cars, things couldn't get any better.

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good luck with the MS. Put in your best, you'll always remember these years. Work hard in the classroom, play hard outside of it .
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread