Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 26th November 2015, 22:01   #1

Default Yup, got (into) BHP!

Hello all,

Shrinath here, from Bengaluru... The city which has lot of people - and cars - and potholes to challenge both the cars and people.

I do the same thing almost everyone does in Bengaluru - hop onto a car, get jammed in traffic, work as software engineer in a startup, get jammed again in traffic, reach home and wish I could avoid silk board traffic.

I drive 40 km to work - enjoying every kilometer of it. Reason? I get to drive "The Polo 1.5 TDI" which I gifted myself on my wife's bday last year. Don't ask how I managed that!

If the sun shines, it might also be the Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500.
Either way, both my vehicles have never failed to put a smile on my face each time I open the throttle.

Have been a long time reader, both my vehicles were booked after days (& nights) of reading ownership reports. Have to thank @insearch & @gannu_1 among others for helping me make the choice that puts a huge grin on my face when I floor the throttle or twist the accelerator!

Also amazed by few road trip posts. Had driven to Goa recently, it was flawless, given I drove ~620 kms without any hitches - thanks to the way people maintain details about every fuel station, dhaba/hotels/eateries on road, every toll paid, every break taken, every bad stretch of road, what not!

Love the enthusiastic petrol-heads only to be found here!

Will be writing travelogues going forward, itching to contribute back to the forum.

Now off to thank those people/threads that I have bookmarked before getting membership.
shrinath_m2 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 07:47   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Yup, got (into) BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinath_m2 View Post
Now off to thank those people/threads that I have bookmarked before getting membership.
Nice to see you here! Hope those travelogues that you plan to write will add new roads to the already chartered ones by folks here.

Quote:
I do the same thing almost everyone does in Bengaluru - hop onto a car, get jammed in traffic, work as software engineer in a startup, get jammed again in traffic, reach home and wish I could avoid silk board traffic.
Silkboard is like the Matrix. You have to be a part of it to know how to crack it! You just cant avoid it.

Please do stop by the rules once and be at home!
Old 28th November 2015, 18:45   #3

Default Re: Yup, got (into) BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice to see you here! Hope those travelogues that you plan to write will add new roads to the already chartered ones by folks here.
Sure... Hope to do so. But through all these years, have you guys on this forum left any unchartered roads at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Silkboard is like the Matrix. You have to be a part of it to know how to crack it! You just cant avoid it.
Couldn't agree more...
shrinath_m2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread