Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2015, 11:01   #1

Default Ahoy Mates!

A warm Hello ! to all TeamBHP-ians.

It been a cracker of a month this November. First I got my old car exchanged for the all new shining Zest.Then i got my broadband connection upgraded. Now, I got approved for membership in TeamBHP.

I'm a Marine Engineer by profession and a engineer by passion,choice and ancestry. My family is a family of engineers, and pretty hard headed at that too. We have heated discussions over dinner on the merits of fuel cells over solar power. In fact i can see this engineering blood in my 16 month daughter when she's more interested in the workings of the seat belt and how to free herself from her restraint than the passing scenery outside the car's windows.

I've been fascinated with cars ever since i was able to comprehend. I used to drive a four wheeler when all my friends used to drive a tricycle. It's a totally different matter all together that, that car was made of wood and it's power came from my own two legs pushing it forward.

Animals are another passion for me. NO ! not the two legged kind. The four legged, the finned and the feathered kind. Although, I never understood why we need to cage the majestic birds to appreciate their beauty. I have a huge 4.5 ft aquarium home to a very fat and pampered albino pleco and three angels. Another pampered family member of mine is an American Eskimo Dog. He's in his 80s ( in dog years) and an avid traveler. Wherever we go he goes. He's been to the hilly reaches of Netarhat in Jharkhand to the sea beaches of Mandarmani. Our vacation starts with the search for a pet friendly hotels/resorts.

Looking to make more friends and more information to counter my family members.

If I seem dead, Don't call the police. I'm probably out sailing ! Will return in 3 or 4 months.
TheMariner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 14:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ahoy Mates!

Welcome aboard TheMariner . Quite an interesting introduction you have.

Do take some time out and go through the rules section (if you've not already done that).

We would love to read experiences about your travel with your canine. What's his name?

To start off with, here are some threads that might interest you:

Link 1 (Team-BHPians and their Pets)

Link 2 (My Fishkeeping hobby)

See you around on the forum.
Closed Thread