Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 18th December 2015, 13:28   #1
BHPian

Default Hello Everyone!

My day starts with checking team bhp and reading all those posts and update with a cup of tea. It has been like this for years now. And I have tried more than 20-25 times to register myself. And suddenly one fine morning in December I got a email which says I am a member now. Enough for a surprise Christmas gift ? I think so.

My name is Prasenjit and I am from Kolkata. Fellows Kolkata bhpian knows me for quite sometime now as I have been (or tried to be) a part of the official and unofficial meets. I am a IT Professional by profession. I was more into bikes than car until I got married . I do a bit of traveling, photography and blogging.

I had ridden/owned numerous bikes from childhood, my dad bought a HH CD100S when I was 13. I bought a TVS Apache after my first salary, then a Pulsar 220, Yamaha R15 v2 and a KTM 200. Have been to distant places. I still remember the first day I rode on NH2 Durgapur expressway, with the wind on my face and my hands trembling a bit.

I have learned driving in a '95 Maruti 800. Then moved to Maruti Zen when my father bought one. My first car was a Chevrolet Beat diesel which I drove around 60K km before selling it off. Beat was an excellent car for a newbie like me because it was a small car and it handled so well. The only reason I had to sell it was the highway performance of the 3pot diesel mill. Only at that time I wished I had a bigger car. I am not a fan of sedans and always wanted a SUV. Then Team-BHP played a major role in getting my next car- Ford EcoSport. Though not a SUV but I guess it serves the purpose. I hope to write a ownership thread once I get enough time. I also hope to write few travelogues as well. My next planned roadtrip is to Uttarakhand in the first week of Jan.

So that would be all about me. Hope to gain more knowledge from this forum and participate as well.

A picture from Zuluk road Trip-

Hello Everyone!-12191763_1172536262759765_8076355135839268730_n.jpg
Uprasenjit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 14:35   #2
BHPian

Default re: Hello Everyone!

Welcome to Team Bhp.
Your handle 'Uprasenjit' is quite innovative. It seems while coming back from a drive you love taking 'U' turns and again go for a drive instead of heading back home! Or there is some other reason behind the 'U'?

I know you from our biking group 'The Roadrollers' for few years and its really nice to see you in Team Bhp too as we all know how eagerly you wanted to be a Bhpian. Wish you all the best over here and now as you have already become a Bhpian we will expect some beautiful travelogues from your side! We all know you to be an avid traveller.

Last edited by Samba : 18th December 2015 at 14:39.
Old 18th December 2015, 14:41   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the forum! You were very much a part of Kolkata TBHP family anyway...
I am also interested in the 'U' part.. please enlightUn us...
Old 18th December 2015, 17:26   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome on board Prasenjit. Since you are such an avid follower of Team-BHP for such a long time anyway, we look forward to your travel tales with even more eagerness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit
I have tried more than 20-25 times to register myself
Quite tenacious, aren't you!
Old 18th December 2015, 21:45   #5
BHPian

Welcome onboard Prasenjit. Wish you many more happy miles ahead along with team-bhp.
Old 18th December 2015, 23:34   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Welcome to Team Bhp.
Your handle 'Uprasenjit' is quite innovative. It seems while coming back from a drive you love taking 'U' turns and again go for a drive instead of heading back home! Or there is some other reason behind the 'U'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
Welcome to the forum! You were very much a part of Kolkata TBHP family anyway...
I am also interested in the 'U' part.. please enlightUn us...
Thanks but I didn't really give much of a thought to the "U" . I will talk about this we see each other on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Welcome on board Prasenjit. Since you are such an avid follower of Team-BHP for such a long time anyway, we look forward to your travel tales with even more eagerness.

Quite tenacious, aren't you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
Welcome onboard Prasenjit. Wish you many more happy miles ahead along with team-bhp.
Thanks. Come to kolkata for the next winter meet.
Old 19th December 2015, 02:37   #7
BHPian

Welcome onboard Uprasenjit. Hope to see your traveling, photography and bloggingvery soon.
Old 19th December 2015, 07:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Prasenjit (u notwithstanding ). Some associations precede being mutual teambhp members. Looking forward to many contributions from your side.
Old 21st December 2015, 10:06   #9
BHPian

Default Re: Hello Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
Welcome onboard Uprasenjit. Hope to see your traveling, photography and bloggingvery soon.
We joined the same day I guess. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Welcome to the forum Prasenjit (u notwithstanding ). Some associations precede being mutual teambhp members. Looking forward to many contributions from your side.
More than contribution I am looking forward to learn from your guys. Thanks.
Old 24th December 2015, 18:03   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp Prasenjit. I would still like to look at you as a mad and avid biker that you were. As others have said, please do share your travelogues on this forum. Though you have mentioned in your last post that more than contributing you want to learn from others, we all have many things to learn from you as well, specially taking beautiful photos and watermarking them as well
Old 27th December 2015, 09:34   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
It has been like this for years now. And I have tried more than 20-25 times to register myself. And suddenly one fine morning in December I got a email which says I am a member now. Enough for a surprise Christmas gift ? I think so.
Now we all know, that is quite an achievement. At least for us who have joined the forum recently.

Welcome to Team-BHP (U)Prasenjit. As we (Kolkata team) know that U already have enough pictures and story to share with us, then why not share one before you start your next explore.

Waiting for your fantastic Travelogues and beautiful pictures.
Closed Thread