Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 7th January 2016, 11:51   #1
aLY
BHPian

Arrow Intro from an excited one

This is going to be my inaugural post here in team-BHP, and I'm super excited to write one after reading many intros.

I'm 29, born and brought up in Kerala, and work here in Chennai for last 5 Years. I have been with automotive OEMs for nearly 10 years and essentially work for development of Electric Vehicles. I'm an avid reader of team-BHP since 2006 and celebrating 10 years of happy reading with a membership approval. Thanks to the mods for approval and if my memory serves me well this is happened after four un-successful attempts.

I own a GT-TDi 1.6 and done close to 30K in less than 2 years. You can find me often traveling between Chennai-Malappuram, Kerala (Chennai-Ulundurpet-Salem-Palakkad-Malappuram route). So keep an eye for a flash red GT with LTD sticker, next time when you are on same route. I will be more than happy to meet a BHPien on road than anywhere else, because Roads and Automobiles are the reason for why we are here in team-BHP.

Excited to be a part of team-BHP and See you all in forums.
aLY is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 12:49   #2
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Intro from an excited one

Welcome on board aLY. You obviously have automobiles in your blood, considering that you work for an automotive OEM and you drive a GT.

Electric vehicles are important to keep the pollution down and your work is going to be important for all of us. Hybrids are also very fascinating. If I had the money would have bought a Camry Hybrid, for sure

With your knowledge and experience I sure you can add lot of value to this wonderful Forum.

Please read the Rules before posting

Happy posting

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 15:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Intro from an excited one

Welcome aboard aLY. Good to have you here.

As KPS pointed out, we all can surely expect a lot of informative posts from you due to your knowledge and 10-year experience developing EVs.

Do post some pictures of your 1.6L GT TDi. It's a rare breed. A true sleeper car that can put some much more expensive sedans to shame.

If I may ask, why do you think your membership got rejected previously, and what different did you do this time around?
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 17:45   #4
aLY
BHPian

Default Re: Intro from an excited one

"An irresistible enthusiasm to be addressed as BHPien" - I believe that made the difference this time, and earlier I must be lacking the same.

Thank You "KPS" and "S2!!!" for the kind words and welcome note. I will try my best to do justice to your words.
Closed Thread