| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|11th January 2016, 21:38||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2015
Thanked: 10 Times
Namaskaram, Vanakkam, Namaskara, Hello
A very happy new year to all of you and may this new year brings you more opportunities (and excuses) to drive to different places.
I am Raghavan, born in Coastal Andhra (West Godavari Dist, AP - Namaskaram), brought up in Rayalaseema (Tirupati, Chittoor Dist, AP), Graduated in Trichy (Tamilnadu - Vannakkam Annai), Started my career in Telangana (Hyderabad, back then it was part of AP) and finally moved to Bengaluru (Karnataka - Namaskara guru). I am a software engineer by profession and we build technology for public problem solving (we can talk offline if any of you are interested in this).
I have been a driving enthusiast from the child hood and always used to try to find a seat close to the driver when travelling in a public bus and used to observe keenly how they drive.
The first car I drove after I got my DL was my cousin's Ford Ikon and I have driven it mostly in the city. After that I have extensively driven Fiesta (Fiesta classic) both in the city and on the highway and what a car with its awesome ride and handling, have done lot of highway driving in that. I have driven WagonR, Swift, Alto extensively - both in city and highways.
I own a Fiat Grande Punto - MJD Dynamic - Bosanova White (Feb 2012 model) and it was a tough call to decide between Ford Figo and FGP and picked up MJD for its higher ground clearance and relatively less engine noise in the cabin. I have clocked 30K in these 3+ years - mostly out station trips. I also own a Bajaj Discover (almost 9 year old) bike for short city commutes.
I researched for two years on Team-Bhp and other forums before zeroing down on FGP. I am very happy with it and it is going to be 4 years this march since it came home (4 year ownership report in progress).
Team-Bhp is my first point of reference for planning any road trip, for referring to any problem that I face with my car and ... do you need a reason to browse Team-Bhp posts ?
Driven so far (show off time :-) )
1. Bangalore - Mysore : (at various times) Ford Fiesta, Swift Vxi, WagonR
2. Bangalore - Madikeri - chevy Aveo
3. Bangalore - Hyderabad - Ford Fiesta, WagonR
4. Bangalore - Shivanna samudra - Devarayanadurga : WagonR
5. Bangalore - Tirupathi : (umpteen times) Ford Fiesta, Swift Vxi, Swift Dzire ZDI, WagonR, Fiat Grande Punto MJD, Hyundai EON
6. Tirupathi - Vijayawada - Sattupalli - Bhimavaram - Tirupathi : WagonR, Alto
7. Bangalore - Tirupathi - Vijayawada - Tirupathi - Bangalore : Punto
8. Bangalore - Lepakshi : Swift Vxi, Punto
9. Bangalore - Melukote : Punto
10. Bangalore - Kannur : Punto
11. Bangalore - Vellore : Punto
12. Bangalore - Waynad : Swift Vxi
13. Sholapur - Pune : Opel Corsa
14. Tirupathi - Vijayawada - Tirupathi : Hyundai EON (LPG + Petrol)
Drives that I want to do (some yet to show off :-) )
1. ECR : Chennai - Kanyakumari (planning in progress)
2. Konkan Drive : Kanyakumari - Panvel
4. Leh - Ladakh
5. Srinagar - Kanyakumari (Delhi - Agra - Jhansi - Hyderabad - BLR - Salem)
6. Mumbai - Kolkata
Thank you for reading the long post and I hope I didn't bore you with lot of details. I look forward to contribute to this forum and very eager to meet fellow bhpians.
Regards & best wishes
|12th January 2016, 11:13||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 91,839 Times
Re: Namaskaram, Vanakkam, Namaskara, Hello
Welcome to Team-BHP, Raghavan!
Hope to see some travelogues of your awesome drives.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Namaskara/Vanakkam from the Border||C4CAR||Introduce yourself||8||19th November 2012 11:14|
|Vanakkam, Aadab, Namaste, Hello TBHPians||bilalsyed||Introduce yourself||3||5th April 2011 10:05|
|Namaskaram Team BHP||shridhar.s.i||Introduce yourself||4||20th December 2010 11:09|
|Namaskaram, Fellow BHPians and auto junkies||akhilesh51||Introduce yourself||10||23rd January 2009 20:13|
|namaskaram,vanakkam,adaab, sasriakal and Hi (adjust with these salutations for now!!)||vamsi.kona||Introduce yourself||10||7th November 2008 22:18|