Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 12th January 2016, 16:45   #1

Default Of (not so) eloquent Introductions, and then some

Hello Folks,

@chunkathumpa.

A fresher at Team-BHP, there isn't much that I haven't come to this forum for with regard to reading about cars, bugs, issues, choices, market scenarios etc.

After learning to drive on a 118NE and driving the family Fiat, followed by driving a tempo traveller(for reasons i cannot mention, heh) and a Tata Sierra, I was pretty well prepared to handle just bout any vehicle thrown at me.

I've just bought my first car at age 30, a beautiful Silver 1.5 diesel Skoda Rapid. She's beautiful, feels ridiculously steady even at speed, accelerates like a dream, at times it almost feels like there's aero on the car, corning is almost adrenaline generating at times. the best part, the power and efficiency trade off with the engine. Just perfect. So many miles to go, adventures to be had, and love and care to given to this Car. She hasn't been named yet, I haven't found the right one.
I love road trips, I do one or two every year, so here's to the next one.

My family owned a 3rd (or 4th or 5th,) hand lefthanddrive 1.9 D Mercedes 1983, which we bought somewhere in 2004 for a ridiculous price, she was called the Beast. Not relevant, but she's a very strong piece of my past, and my love affair with vehicles.

I currently work as Marketing Director in a Cloud IT firm in Pune.

Originally from Bombay, I got a little tired of the city and moved out a few years ago.

I'm a pilot by profession, trained, but never worked as one due to our rich national bureaucracy ( I'll leave you folks to imagine what you will w.r.t that).

I race sailing yachts on weekends in Mumbai, I've raced on the national circuit in the past, couple of national titles here and there, largely unheard of, but it's something I try to keep up with as regularly as I can.

I also play guitar, sing, and write music in a couple of underground rock bands, been doing so for many years now.
I play video games, read books,

I'm a complete coffee maniac, i grind, brew and regularly sample differnet types of coffee.

I love Team-BHP as a forum because it's community support for petrolheads and vehicle lovers. It's not something that will easily be understood by those who believe that everything is a business transaction or something you can make money off.
It's like the matrix - No one can be told what Team-BHP is, you have to see(experience) it, to believe it.

To sum up this ridiculously long and probably not very informative intro, I'm supremely kicked to be here!!!

Thank you Admin panel, a very special thank you to GTO.

For now!! Onwards!!!

Chunkathumpa
chunkathumpa is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 13:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Of (not so) eloquent Introductions, and then some

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkathumpa View Post
@chunkathumpa.
Welcome aboard. It's great to have you here!

Quote:
After learning to drive on a 118NE and driving the family Fiat, followed by driving a tempo traveller(for reasons i cannot mention, heh) and a Tata Sierra, I was pretty well prepared to handle just bout any vehicle thrown at me.

Quote:
My family owned a 3rd (or 4th or 5th,) hand lefthanddrive 1.9 D Mercedes 1983, which we bought somewhere in 2004 for a ridiculous price, she was called the Beast. Not relevant, but she's a very strong piece of my past, and my love affair with vehicles.
Sure, I can imagine. Mind sharing some pictures for us to ogle at?

Quote:
I'm a pilot by profession, trained, but never worked as one due to our rich national bureaucracy ( I'll leave you folks to imagine what you will w.r.t that).

I race sailing yachts on weekends in Mumbai, I've raced on the national circuit in the past, couple of national titles here and there, largely unheard of, but it's something I try to keep up with as regularly as I can.
Woah, you really need to pen down your experience in a new thread in the 'Shifting Gears' section. I'm damn curious to learn more.

Quote:
It's like the matrix - No one can be told what Team-BHP is, you have to see(experience) it, to believe it.
Couldn't have been put in a better way
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 13:25   #3

@S2!!!

Thank you for the welcome!! Let me see if I can dig up some pictures of the old Beast. will post them for sure.
Will also dig up some pics of my old '91 accord coupe (i think) that I owned in Florida in 2007.

I will check out this shifting gears section that you speak of!

Cheers
Old 14th January 2016, 07:42   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkathumpa View Post
Hello Folks,

I'm a complete coffee maniac, i grind, brew and regularly sample differnet types of coffee.

Chunkathumpa
Hi there and welcome!

I am a coffee aficionado too, this thread might interest you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...de-coffee.html (A Yetiguide® to Coffee)
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread