Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 21st January 2016, 10:44   #1

Default Hello fellows, I'm finally here

Hi all,
Finally i am here and it feels nice that i can post here.

About Me:
I am from Goa. Not exactly the hard core Car enthusiast, but i like driving and have my likes and dislikes about Cars. My true love is the Audi A3 Red colour.

About Cars that i Owned: My first Car was the Chevrolet Optra Hatchback, bought second hand and kept in possession for 3 years. My second car was the Mitsubishi Pajero 3.0L, very reliable and good car. Had pleasant driving experience for 5 years until i sold the car last year. My next car will be the Hyundai Elite i20, having just booked and awaiting delivery this month.

Apart from Cars: I like photography, hiking and DIY
Sachin416 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 11:19   #2
BHPian

Post re: Hello fellows, I'm finally here

Hello Sachin416,

Welcome to Team-BHP

Congrats on your booking for Elite i20. Just curious, have you booked for the 2016 face lifted model or for the current model. There has been news that a face lifted Elite i20 with projector headlights and DRLs will be launched in few months. Also, which variant have you booked? And petrol/diesel?
Old 21st January 2016, 14:13   #3

Hello vpillai,

My first reaction to this was; "aaahh", I missed on something, called the dealer to confirm and they informed me that the projector headlights and DRL are available only for Asta (o). My booking is for the Asta 1.2L Petrol (without the options), And I will indeed get the 2016 version of the car.
For missing out on the features mentioned by you: The additional cost for the Asta (o) was about 40K OTR price. So no regrets missing out on these features, though the projector headlamps would have been nice to have.

And thanks for highlighting this, the sales girl had not mentioned these to me earlier, even the brochures provided were not up to date. The only thing up to date was the price list provided by the dealer
Old 21st January 2016, 16:06   #4
BHPian

Post Re: Hello fellows, I'm finally here

You will be getting the 7" AVN as well, apart from projector headlights & DRL, for the additional premium of 40K. Please see the below handout,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...review-i20.jpg

If it's manageable for you, it's better to go for the top trim. I think the 40K is worth for what it offers additionally. And if my understanding is right, the AVN also carries with it a GPS module and maps pre-installed.
vpillai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 19:07   #5

Default Re: Hello fellows, I'm finally here

Excuse the delayed response. Blame it on the Data Package and thanks for the handout.

Well, i am not a big fan of the AVN as i believe the Google Maps on my iPhone is quite feature rich (live traffic, office timings, etc.).
But now i am getting a bit nervous as the handout says the 60:40 split is available on the Asta(o) and not listed on the Asta.
Now if thats true, its gonna be a fight come Monday (Car is expected to arrive on this day) and will be a big disappointment if true. Well, hope not.
Old 27th January 2016, 09:06   #6

Default Re: Hello fellows, I'm finally here

[I have trouble editing my last post. may be its my Mac, so a new reply it is]

Disappointed, as the 60:40 is now limited to the Asta (o), which the sales girl had failed to highlight. The latest brochure on the hyundai website is missing this info as well. Clearly a gap between the IT and the decision makers. however, the negatives were limited due to a fast delivery and great hospitality. see you all soon with a owners review.
Closed Thread