Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 10th March 2016, 12:56   #1
BHPian

Default After 3 long years!

Hi All,

I'm Sathish, 22 years old and am a systems engineer by profession but a car enthusiast by passion. I first started reading Team BHP almost 3 years ago when I was in look out for a car and then started my addiction towards Team BHP. The car that i ended up buying was the Maruti Swift after reading the most detailed review of the car by GTO. Since then, my day wouldn't be complete without taking an adequate dose of reading from this car crazy community.

My passion for cars started since my childhood when I used to remember the names of all the cars and back then my favourites were,

1. TATA Sierra - There was something unique about this car with a different sort of styling going on at the rear end with those super cool windows and the rare two door front, back in the days which made it a favourite when I was a kid.

2. Mercedes Benz E Class (W210) - Mercedes Benz was the THING in super luxury cars back then and the one which had a striking appeal to my eyes was the E class. I liked this one a lot because of the way it just looked with the twin headlamp design on the front. This car sure did have many problems but you can't deny the looker it was back in the 2000s. Now enough Vintage for a start.

Cars that I have owned and currently own :

1. Hyundai Santro 1999 - This was the first in the family and we loved every bit of it. It has been sold off now.

2. Hyundai Santro Xing - The pleasant ownership of the previous santro lead us to this one. Nice car and we've been having it for close to 7 years now.

3. Maruti Swift Petrol - It is the VXI trim and I just crossed the 25,000 milestone recently. This is the one which led me to Team BHP and its my daily driver.

4. Ford Ecosport - This is the newest member in the family. It is the Ecoboost variant in the Titanium trim. Direct injection, Variable Valve Timing, Turbo Charged, unique flywheel, you name it, this engine has got it all.

Now finally, thanks to the mods for clicking on the approve button on my registration. I'm looking forward to a wonderful journey with Team-BHP and now that I'm inside the community, I'm looking forward to contribute as well after so many years of taking in knowledge from here.
satz581993Mille is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 14:10   #2
BHPian

Default Re: After 3 long years!

Hi Sathish,

welcome to the forum hope you have a wonderful time here in this forum. Since I see that your location is Chennai, can I ask you from which dealer you bought your Ecosport from? How was the dealership experience. I ask because I am interested in the Aspire but I am wary of the F.A.S.S. How has your experience been so far?

Thanks,
Nivatakavacha
nivatakavacha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 14:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Hi Sathish,

welcome to the forum hope you have a wonderful time here in this forum. Since I see that your location is Chennai, can I ask you from which dealer you bought your Ecosport from? How was the dealership experience. I ask because I am interested in the Aspire but I am wary of the F.A.S.S. How has your experience been so far?

Thanks,
Nivatakavacha
Thanks Nivatakavacha!

I bought the ecosport from Chennai Ford in Arumbakkam. I had to choose between Chennai Ford and MPL Ford when I was about to purchase but I didn't pursue with MPL since their responses over the phone for a test drive were not great and they also didn't have a test drive vehicle for the Ecoboost variant and they offered me to send in a TDI.

The dealership experience with Chennai Ford has been highly satisfactory and after 2 services so far, I would say even the service experience has been good. I had a couple of small niggles in the car and my SA was more than helpful despite his busy work with prospective buyers even after a year since my purchase. But right now, due to the huge number of vehicles that have been sent to the service center due to the floods, one will have to get an appointment in prior but still my SA helped me out in solving the issue I had without one. I would be more than happy to share you his contact if required. He is a good chap.
satz581993Mille is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 13:05   #4
Team-BHP Support

Hi Sathish,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Those are some pretty interesting cars you've owned. The Sierra was a bit of a revolution when it was launched. It was just so different from everything else in our automobile scene. Too bad Tata didn't keep developing it. With the two separate headlamps, the W210 was a big step away from what had become a conventional Mercedes design.

Of the current lot, the Santro and Swift are proven products and the EcoBoost is surely the enthusiasts' choice in the EcoSport range.

Trust you have gone through the Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 13:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Thanks Nivatakavacha!
Thanks Satya for your message and my apologies for the late response. When I decide to buy my car, I will surely ping you for the contact

I live in South Chennai and unfortunately MPL Ford is very close to where I live but I have not heard/read good things about them. Hence my dilemma.

Thanks once again!
nivatakavacha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 15:54   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hi Sathish,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Those are some pretty interesting cars you've owned. The Sierra was a bit of a revolution when it was launched. It was just so different from everything else in our automobile scene. Too bad Tata didn't keep developing it. With the two separate headlamps, the W210 was a big step away from what had become a conventional Mercedes design.

Of the current lot, the Santro and Swift are proven products and the EcoBoost is surely the enthusiasts' choice in the EcoSport range.

Trust you have gone through the Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome Aditya. I've always been a fan of your detailed reviews and sales figures. Keep up the amazing dedication towards detailed excellence and I can't wait to look forward to more of them in years to come. Now, your Baleno review will have to be blamed for my possible purchase of the Baleno RS turbo petrol when it gets launched! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Thanks Satya for your message and my apologies for the late response. When I decide to buy my car, I will surely ping you for the contact

I live in South Chennai and unfortunately MPL Ford is very close to where I live but I have not heard/read good things about them. Hence my dilemma.

Thanks once again!
Welcome nivatakavacha! I would be more than happy to be of some help anytime. All the best for your next car hunt.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th March 2016 at 16:47. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
satz581993Mille is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread