Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 15th April 2016, 07:23   #1
BHPian

Default Finally approved!

Hi Folks,

I've always been reading all your wonderful posts and travelogues offline. One of the initial post which really attached me to team-bhp was the swift and punto review by "epicentre_rulez".

Finally when I had some issue with my Dad's car, I realized importance of being a member and started applying. I was rejected two times and third time it was approved when I answered all the questions in my own style rather than copy pasting.

Currently I'm 31, married with 2 kids. I was brought up in Mumbai but a native of Kerala. After completing my engineering, I moved to Bangalore and the freedom of staying away from parents motivated me to try out some adventure trips. I will publish some of my travelogues as soon as I get some bandwidth

The list of vehicles which I've owned till now:

1. 2002-2007 : Hyundai Accent ( Forest Dew, I learnt my driving in this. Clocked around 60000 kms before selling )

2. 2007- current : Toyota Corolla 1.8 ( 65000 kms )

In 2008 I moved to Bangalore and took corolla with me, was primarily used only for highway runs.

3. 2011-2012 : Maruti Ritz VDI in Bangalore ( 45000 kms in 16 months, had to sell before leaving to US. This was my first diesel purchase)

4. 2012- till date: Audi A4 1.8 TFSI in 2012 December ( 12000 kms till date driven by Dad. I hate driving her through Mumbai traffic and prefer not to drive )

5. 2011 - till date: Maruti Ritz Vxi ( 19000 kms for Mumbai local use)

Bikes I have owned:
1. 2002-2009 : TVS Victor ( 60000 kms while selling )
2. 2010-2012 : TVS Wego ( 11000 kms , sold before leaving for US.)
3. 2015-2016 : Honda Aviator Disc ( 2400 kms while selling, wife found too difficult to ride )
4. 2016 : Honda Activa-i ( Will take delivery next week )

Cars I owned in US:
1. Toyota corolla for around 2 years ( purchased used one and driven around 18000 miles before selling )
2. BMW -i3 ( 3 months -got a good lease offer through one of my friends as he was leaving US , hardly drove 500 miles as I did not want to cross the mileage limit )

I love those super bikes more than any of my cars, but till now I have never been able to buy my dream touring bike mostly due to parking constrains and resistance from my parents. Whenever I feel like driving, I take my friends bike for a spin

I know this was quite exhaustive but I dont know how I should express my happiness by becoming a member.

Thanks a lot for reading my intro and hopefully I become a significant contributor to this forum

-Rahul S

Last edited by ampere : 15th April 2016 at 08:34. Reason: fixed spaces around puntuations
rahulskumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 08:56   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Finally approved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Hi Folks,...
Thanks a lot for reading my intro and hopefully I become a significant contributor to this forum

-Rahul S
Hello Rahul,

Welcome to TBHP!

Will look forward to your travelogues about your adventure-trips in and around Bangalore.

Having driven in two countries at least, I'm sure your contributions will be valuable to the community.

Now that you are married and have kids too, I expect your dream super bike very soon

Happy motoring!
Old 15th April 2016, 16:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Finally approved!

That's quite a detailed intro and the fact that you've listed your wheeled-partners with such meticulous detail shows your excitement pouring through every tap of the keyboard! Looking forward to the travelogues and it's nice to see that you're into performance motorcycles.

I assume you don't like driving the A4 through traffic because of the ever-present risk of damaging her expensive skin. Just remember, if you do buy a superbike/high-end tourer, like the A4, the pride of ownership will be accompanied with the stress of ownership too .

Cheers!
Closed Thread