Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 5th June 2016, 12:37   #1

Default A musician on board!

Hello fellow BHPians!
I am very privileged and excited to be a part of this unique community of indian auto lovers. Unfortunately no one in my family understands why I was so excited that my membership got approved! I also did a small "Chandler dance" to express it but it did not help.

So a bit about me: I am a musician by profession and I feel incredibly grateful for that. I have previously owned a blue coloured indica which people would take for a taxi many times. So I sold it and bought a Swift VXi- it served me very well but then that familiar itch for a bigger, better vehicle kicked in. And hence I am a very happy owner of XUV5OO W10 Automatic.

I was helped a great deal by Tanveer's detailed posts about his experience with his XUV and I finally took the plunge. So Tanveer, if you're reading this I want to say 'thank you'!

I look forward to participating a lot more in the coming days with travelogues and more.

Cheers!
Krishna
krishnamarathe is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 13:18   #2
BHPian

Default Re: A musician on board!

Welcome to car conversations, which is no less musical let me assure you!
We all experience that sublime music when the engine tune hits that sweet spot.

Also your interest in automobiles goes on to prove that love for cars, like love in life, crosses all sorts of boundaries.
itinerant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 13:32   #3

Thank you! Yes, the engine is indeed quite musical! Especially to someone who's just been introduced to a diesel engine
krishnamarathe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 21:38   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome onboard Krishna! Great to have a professional musician on board. We have a smattering of amateurs here (self included, blushes!)-would love to know what instruments you play and the work you've done.

Nice choice in vehicles too: I have a 2006 Swift Vxi myself and the XUV AT seems like a great vehicle to drive. Look forward to a detailed ownership review soon.

Have fun here and do contribute.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 00:08   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Welcome onboard Krishna! Great to have a professional musician on board. We have a smattering of amateurs here (self included, blushes!)-would love to know what instruments you play and the work you've done.

Nice choice in vehicles too: I have a 2006 Swift Vxi myself and the XUV AT seems like a great vehicle to drive. Look forward to a detailed ownership review soon.

Have fun here and do contribute.
Thank you, noopster! I play the guitar primarily. And I manage to play the bansuri and an electronic saxophone a bit. I work as a music producer and a performing musician.
The XUV AT has been a joy to drive so far in the crazy Mumbai traffic as well on the expressway to Pune
krishnamarathe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 00:36   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnamarathe View Post
Hello fellow BHPians!
I am very privileged and excited to be a part of this unique community of indian auto lovers. Unfortunately no one in my family understands why I was so excited that my membership got approved! I also did a small "Chandler dance" to express it but it did not help.

So a bit about me: I am a musician by profession and I feel incredibly grateful for that. I have previously owned a blue coloured indica which people would take for a taxi many times. So I sold it and bought a Swift VXi- it served me very well but then that familiar itch for a bigger, better vehicle kicked in. And hence I am a very happy owner of XUV5OO W10 Automatic.

I was helped a great deal by Tanveer's detailed posts about his experience with his XUV and I finally took the plunge. So Tanveer, if you're reading this I want to say 'thank you'!

I look forward to participating a lot more in the coming days with travelogues and more.

Cheers!
Krishna
Yo! Krishna!!

This is your bass player friend(of the feminist movement), welcoming you to the forum!

So glad to see you here! Hope you have a pleasant stay!

Ciao!
MARCUS_520i is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 07:56   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Yo! Krishna!!

This is your bass player friend(of the feminist movement), welcoming you to the forum!

So glad to see you here! Hope you have a pleasant stay!

Ciao!
Dude!! I was expecting to find you here!
Old 6th June 2016, 12:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians!
Its a great feeling ain't it? Congratulations on becoming a member!

Quote:
Happy i could be of help, You just can't wrong with the XUV 500, Specially with an automatic now, Feels great to know i helped someone in anyway.

Quote:
Also i suggest you should start with an ownership thread too, We need one for the XUV 500 AT.

Congrats for getting the cheetah.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 10:17   #9

Thumbs up Re: A musician on board!

Oh yes, your detailed posts were definitely helpful in arriving at a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

Also i suggest you should start with an ownership thread too, We need one for the XUV 500 AT.

Congrats for getting the cheetah.

I want to do that soon- I am just a few kms shy of 1k. So that will be a good milestone to mark with a review. Thank you!
krishnamarathe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 13:11   #10
BHPian

Quote:
I also did a small "Chandler dance" to express it
Hahahahaha!!!! Loved that sentence!

Welcome !! I am sure you are going to be a very interesting member
Closed Thread