Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 17th June 2016, 11:23   #1
BHPian

Default Team-BHP, here I am

Hello all,

I am harman singh arora and i have just been given the opportunity to join the team bhp forum,i must say it gives me the chills to be amongst one of the most educated car owners we see in india.

Let me start by giving a small introduction
I am 20 years old and live in new delhi, i have been a reader of team-bhp since i got internet in my house. The way topics are presented,initial ownerships and a lot of more paved my way to the brain in such a way that inspired me a lot. Addition to the passion for the cars was the joint family perk. Having good amount of cars which means i could tweak a thing or two in almost any car without anybody ever knowing .

Currently i personally own a 2016 hyundai creta 1.6 automatic petrol and a 2015 maruti baleno alpha 1.3 DDIS.

I would like to thank team-bhp again for letting me be in this group and increase my knowledge more with time

Last edited by GTO : 17th June 2016 at 15:47. Reason: Typo
Harmansingh09 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 13:04   #2
BHPian

Default re: Team-BHP, here I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmansingh09 View Post
Hello all,

I am harman singh arora and i have just been given the oppuntunity to join the team bhp forum,i must say it gives me the chills to be amongst one of the most educated car owners we see in india.

Let me start by giving a small introduction
I am 20 years old and live in new delhi, i have been a reader of team-bhp since i got internet in my house. The way topics are presented,initial ownerships and a lot of more paved my way to the brain in such a way that inspired me a lot. Addition to the passion for the cars was the joint family perk. Having good amount of cars which means i could tweak a thing or two in almost any car without anybody ever knowing .

Currently i personally own a 2016 hyundai creta 1.6 automatic petrol and a 2015 maruti baleno alpha 1.3 DDIS.

I would like to thank team-bhp again for letting me be in this group and increase my knowledge more with time
Welcome to Team BHP! Very good choice of cars there. Both the Creta and the Baleno have been proven already to be runaway successes. Going for a diesel hatch and petrol compact SUV is kind of interesting and actually a wise decision since the baleno can be put to some very good use.
Old 17th June 2016, 14:17   #3
BHPian

Thank you so much. Speaking of that. Mine baleno diesel is mapped to 95bhp and 235nm of torque and my god it flies.

Also i got a k&n airfilter, better quality sparkplugs and a remap to the creta petrol and i get about 145bhp and 170nm out of that.

Curious to know if brakes can be upgraded in baleno and the options available since one of the main problems in baleno is braking. I am in future looking to upgrade the baleno to 120bhp and 255nm. Lightweight body, very controlled bodyroll, short overhangs makes this car fun on road below 140 ofcourse
Old 17th June 2016, 15:10   #4
BHPian

Default re: Team-BHP, here I am

Quote:
Thank you so much. Speaking of that. Mine baleno diesel is mapped to 95bhp and 235nm of torque and my god it flies.

Also i got a k&n airfilter, better quality sparkplugs and a remap to the creta petrol and i get about 145bhp and 170nm out of that.

Curious to know if brakes can be upgraded in baleno and the options available since one of the main problems in baleno is braking. I am in future looking to upgrade the baleno to 120bhp and 255nm. Lightweight body, very controlled bodyroll, short overhangs makes this car fun on road below 140 ofcourse
That is GREAT. It takes some guts to jump right into mods when the cars are still new. Now, Creta @145hp shouldn't be a problem at all. It can withstand a lot higher. For baleno, I think you just hit the sweet spot for mileage and performace and doesn't need any more mods IMO. I personally wouldn't be confident in a baleno tuned to over 120bhp & 255nm! Especially provided the car weighs about 900kgs. The max I'd stick with would be 110bhp since I know that the car is about to be plonked with the 1.0 boosterjet making 110 horses. Hope you drive safe and not go over 140 in the baleno no matter how easily the car pulls into doing it!

P.S. You should start on new threads talking about the mods you have done in both the cars. Would really be informative for fellow enthusiasts looking for mods in their Cretas and Balenos.
Old 17th June 2016, 15:45   #5
BHPian

I will certainly. Even i thought so. Having a 120bhp pocket rocket with less stopping power at par with a wagonr abs as i tried is not that well. However i would soon be starting threads and letting people know what all i did.
Old 17th June 2016, 22:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Team-BHP, here I am

Quote:

Welcome to Team-Bhp.

It's great to know and bit surprised to see that you have remapped both new cars. How are you planning to upgrade baleno to 120 bhp? Also, 145 bhp for creta petrol post remap is really surprising. That's a significant gain for naturally aspirated petrol engine. Where did you get the cars remapped?
Old 17th June 2016, 23:15   #7
BHPian

@dr naren
Thank you so much sir.
I got the remap done at RAK in delhi.
Baleno at a 120bhp is a bit complicated. It requires new ecu maps from the ciaz or s cross or ertiga with the 89bhp config. Then it can be further remapped to 115-120bhp
Old 17th June 2016, 23:19   #8
BHPian

@ dr naren Thank you so much sir.
Firstly about the baleno it requires copying down the files for the 89bhp configuration which comes from ciaz,s cross and ertiga 1.3 and to further remap it to 115-120bhp

For the creta,
145bhp was the result of a remap which gave 12-13bhp, a k&n apollo air filter and better spark plugs
Old 18th June 2016, 23:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Team-BHP, here I am

Quote:
@ dr naren Thank you so much sir.
Firstly about the baleno it requires copying down the files for the 89bhp configuration which comes from ciaz,s cross and ertiga 1.3 and to further remap it to 115-120bhp

For the creta,
145bhp was the result of a remap which gave 12-13bhp, a k&n apollo air filter and better spark plugs
It's not so simple as copying files buddy. A Ciaz map won't do 90 hp in Baleno. Baleno has FGT and Ciaz gets VGT. I can say it's impossible to take baleno to 120 hp from 75hp just by "remap". It might be possible with a stage 2/stage 3 upgrade which will include bigger turbo, intercooler, injectors etc.
Old 19th June 2016, 10:14   #10
BHPian

You are right. He did say that a variable turbo would be needed. However all in it can be done for 50k
Closed Thread