Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 20th June 2016, 14:13   #1

Default Greetings from Sourabh

Hello all

This is Sourabh from Mumbai, Electrical Engineer by Profession and a nature lover by passion. I have been following Team-BHP since 2006, and the portal has been a datum for reviews and information any enthusiast would crave for.My love and enthusiasm for automobiles goes back to as long as i can remember. As children me and my brother drooled over fast cars and the exotic kinds one would rarely see on roads. My father would some times let us hold the handle of his Bajaj, while we stood on the front of the scooter as he drove and this is how it started or did it start when we sat tight holding our cousins while they pushed the humble Bajaj or the Rajdoot (My granny called them fat-fati) to its limits in late night drags. Driving and pushing the machine to limits was kind of right of passage in my huge combined agricultural family of petrol heads.

Finally with the Yamaha 135, that we got in high school, i managed unmentionable speeds she could achieve. My Yamaha was a great bike and pivot of umpteen memories filled with adventures. Long journey since then i got my hands on Land Cruiser and patrols in UAE, as i was deputed there for few years. The immensely capable LC has since then been center piece of my admiration. Stuck in the sand few times, blames on me though. Back to India the feel of the LC refuses to fade away.

I drive a Grand Vitara 2008, bought a few days back.
spgv is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 10:58   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Greetings from Sourabh

Welcome to Team-BHP, Sourabh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgv View Post
I have been following Team-BHP since 2006, and the portal has been a datum for reviews and information any enthusiast would crave for.
Good to finally have you onboard. What took you so long to register?

Quote:
The immensely capable LC has since then been center piece of my admiration. Stuck in the sand few times, blames on me though. Back to India the feel of the LC refuses to fade away.
Love the Land Cruiser too. Some BHPians own immaculate examples of the 80 Series (a personal favourite), although I don't know of too many members with the 100 Series.

Quote:
I drive a Grand Vitara 2008, bought a few days back.
Pre-worshipped - my kind of guy . Many fans of the Grand Vitara onboard. Do look up the ownership threads (including Moderator Samurai's) for tips & advice.

Great to have you with us.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 12:41   #3

Default Re: Greetings from Sourabh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP, Sourabh!
Thanx for the add GTO and the Team.

Quote:
Good to finally have you onboard. What took you so long to register?
Within a few days of my introduction to Team-BHP (thanks to google) i got a hang of it and decided to enroll, however the delay can be blamed on my lethargy and procrastination, spiked by the fact that the membership request was turned down few years back.

Quote:
Pre-worshiped - my kind of guy . Many fans of the Grand Vitara on board. Do look up the ownership threads (including Moderator Samurai's) for tips & advice.

Great to have you with us.
Used cars are available every where, finding a pre-worshiped car is a challenge. Once found its a great VFM preposition and i agree with you on that. The long term ownership thread of Samurais and Sudev did pushed me while i was sitting on the fence. They are rightly mentioned as encyclopedia of GV.
spgv is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread