Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2016, 12:15   #1
BHPian

Default I finally earned my four stripes

Dear Friends,

This is Sreekumar Menon from Thrissur, Kerala. First of all i would like to thank Team BHP for making me part of this wonderful fraternity. My initial request for membership was promptly declined by the enlightened moderators as they very well understood i had very wrong reasons to join this group. In my life span, thus far i have owned around seven vehicles from various manufacturers, right from TATA to Toyota and currently own a Honda Brio AT. During these years at various points i have chanced upon Team BHP posts but was never fully into it. All this changed circa May 2016, when i decided to replace my trustworthy Honda City AT with a Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI Style plus.

The horror stories about Skoda's after sales service together with reliability issues regarding seven speed DSG box gave me sleepless nights, right till i signed the dotted lines. I needed answers for all my doubts and apprehensions about owning a Skoda and in Team BHP with its knowledgeable members,i found a very able partner. I can safely say i might be the one who has maximum hits in team BHP forum as a guest in the past one month. This led me to believe i should be part of this elite group but my decision was more or less based on my fears regarding Skoda. As expected my initial application got rejected. To be crestfallen was an understatement to describe my situation.

I went ahead and bought myself an Octavia in a Rio Red Color. The journey has been wonderful so far and with my fears settled down I thought where else i could share my wonderful experience than Team BHP. With all humility i made my second attempt and this time moderators was convinced that i really yearn for this membership and here i am. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the moderators for my membership and also take this opportunity to specially mention adi_petrolhead , suhaas307,abhinav.gupta88 and joethomasv for their valuable inputs which influenced my decision in buying the Octavia.

By profession I am a chief engineer working in Gas Carriers in merchant navy. Compared to the latest auto-motives marine diesel engines are crude and so last century. More emphasize are given on BHP, reliability and other control system while the size of the engine, their refinement and fuel efficiency has never been a criteria. In the year 2012 i got my four stripes as chief engineer and year 2016 i got my membership in Team BHP. The emotions has been more or less similar. While both made me happy they do make me nervous too because of the added responsibility. I have fared well thus far in my professional life , I hope i can live up-to the expectations of team members and remain a responsible member of this elite group.

Live Long Drive Safe

Last edited by ampere : 26th June 2016 at 13:10. Reason: Formatted Post
Scaryskodamenon is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 15:15   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: I finally earned my four stripes

Hi Sreekumar,

Welcome to Team-BHP. It's good to know that the forum has been of help to you while buying the Octavia . Skodas are fantastic cars. They are just let down by the poor planning and service provided by the company.

Since you are in the merchant navy, you might be interested in some of the threads on ships that we have in the Commercial Vehicles section.

Trust you have taken some time to familiarise yourself Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 16:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaryskodamenon View Post
In the year 2012 i got my four stripes as chief engineer and year 2016 i got my membership in Team BHP. The emotions has been more or less similar. While both made me happy they do make me nervous too because of the added responsibility.
Hi Sreekumar,

Welcome to the forum!

I wish you a calm sea and a safe harbour.

Cheers

Last edited by GTO : 29th June 2016 at 10:45. Reason: Do NOT post in a negative manner on Team-BHP
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 18:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Welcome to Team-BHP. It's good to know that the forum has been of help to you while buying the Octavia . Skodas are fantastic cars. They are just let down by the poor planning and service provided by the company.
Thank you aditya. My dealer Pinnacle is a new player in the market and experience thus far has been very good.From one showroom in 2014 they are up to three showrooms currently.Hope its working for them which in turn will be good for the customers.Hope Skoda as a whole will continue to improve their after sales and service and will help to allay the fears of the buying customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Since you are in the merchant navy, you might be interested in some of the threads on ships that we have in the Commercial Vehicles section.
Thank you for the information.I am familiarizing myself with the forum and in due course i believe i can share some information's regarding the marine diesel engines which may be informative to the fellow members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hi Sreekumar,

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for the welcome.

Last edited by GTO : 29th June 2016 at 10:45. Reason: Quoted post edited
Scaryskodamenon is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread