Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2016, 17:25   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 30
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Rookie onboard

Hi guys,

Im Rahul, 26, working as a Geologist in Geological Survey of India, Chandigarh. Im basically from Kerala. I love travelling as it is the only time I am able to think about stuffs and be at peace ( that's right.. introvert). Thanks to my job I spend 3 months every year in various parts of Himachal. I have had this love for driving since I was a kid and really wanted to be a truck driver back then but my driving dreams had to wait for 26 long years.

Like many I found out about team-bhp while I was desperately searching for my first car and now I feel lucky to be a part of the family. Thanks to t-bhp, I am now a proud owner of an army gypsy(restoration story coming soon). Your threads helped a ton. Unlike many of the users I am very new to automobiles although the dream of owning a vehicle had been there for a pretty looong time. The first time I drove a car without a guide was when I took delivery of my Gypsy and drove it to a crammed motor market here in Chandigarh and boy it was a really scary experience.

I'm looking forward to experience the pleasure of driving along with the little joys in life. Ill try to post my restoration story as soon as possible.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th August 2016 at 12:34. Reason: Adding some paragraph spacing to aid readability. Welcome aboard! :)
Raul258 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 21:32   #2
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,660
Thanked: 7,514 Times
Default Re: Rookie onboard

Welcome to teamBHP Rahul!

Quite an interesting skill-set and job. Can you share a bit more about what do you do as a geologist ?

You bought a Gypsy as a first car? I admire your courage.
Frankly, I love the Gypsy and dreamt of owing one when I was a kid. But today, as a family man, I can not think of a Gypsy as a primary vehicle. May be I will retire with one.

Anyways! Looking forward to your Gypsy thread.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 02:10   #3
BHPian
 
Vikram Arya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Calgary/Shimla
Posts: 144
Thanked: 348 Times
Default Re: Rookie onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul258 View Post
Hi guys,
Im Rahul, 26, working as a Geologist in Geological Survey of India, Chandigarh. Im basically from Kerala. I love travelling as it is the only time I am able to think about stuffs and be at peace ( that's right.. introvert). Thanks to my job I spend 3 months every year in various parts of Himachal.

I'm looking forward to experience the pleasure of driving along with the little joys in life. Ill try to post my restoration story as soon as possible.
Welcome to the forum Rahul!

As you've probably already experienced this forum gives you am opportunity to engage in invigorating discussion with fellow members, a a large number of whom are very knowledgeable. Please familiarize yourself with rules of engagement & contribute whenever you can.

Glad that you've decided to get a Gypsy as your first vehicle. As you spend a considerable time in my home state Gypsy is a perfect vehicle especially if you ever decide to venture beyond the popular destinations & visit more challenging terrain.

I also became a proud owner of a brand new Gypsy earlier this year. Unfortunately I get to drive it only a couple of weeks a year when I visit India.

Looking forward to your restoration thread. Happy motoring!
Vikram Arya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 09:12   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 30
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Welcome to teamBHP Rahul!

Quite an interesting skill-set and job. Can you share a bit more about what do you do as a geologist ?

You bought a Gypsy as a first car? I admire your courage.
Frankly, I love the Gypsy and dreamt of owing one when I was a kid. But today, as a family man, I can not think of a Gypsy as a primary vehicle. May be I will retire with one.

Anyways! Looking forward to your Gypsy thread.
Thank you.
Our team is now building a landslide susceptibility model for the entire Himachal so that people can avoid dangerous zones while building homes.

Frankly I was very desperate to own a Gypsy after reading a ton about it here and I felt it's a very fun to drive vehicle. Yes it cannot be a primary vehicle for a family.. Gypsy will always be a Gypsy I'll enjoy my bachelorhood when I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
Welcome to the forum Rahul!

As you've probably already experienced this forum gives you am opportunity to engage in invigorating discussion with fellow members, a a large number of whom are very knowledgeable. Please familiarize yourself with rules of engagement & contribute whenever you can.

Glad that you've decided to get a Gypsy as your first vehicle. As you spend a considerable time in my home state Gypsy is a perfect vehicle especially if you ever decide to venture beyond the popular destinations & visit more challenging terrain.

Looking forward to your restoration thread. Happy motoring!
Thank you
I'll be having a detailed look into the rules again very shortly..
Yes..Himachal and its people are really wonderful. There are many beautiful places which are not at all tourist pullers and those are the ones in my bucket list to drive and with a reliable drive like a Gypsy it will be a good experience.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by SDP : 9th August 2016 at 09:21. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Raul258 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 10:23   #5
BHPian
 
Pequod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TVM, COK
Posts: 35
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Rookie onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul258 View Post
Hi guys,
Im Rahul, 26, working as a Geologist in Geological Survey of India, Chandigarh. Im basically from Kerala.
Welcome aboard, Rahul!!! Couple of similarities between us there, me having done my post graduation in geology, and hailing from Kerala too. Though I couldnt pursue a career in that field due to other reasons. So I passed out of UoK Department at Kariavattom in 2004, what about you?
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 13:53   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 30
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Rookie onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Welcome aboard, Rahul!!! Couple of similarities between us there, me having done my post graduation in geology, and hailing from Kerala too. Though I couldn't pursue a career in that field due to other reasons. So I passed out of UoK Department at Kariavattom in 2004, what about you?
Thank you Pequod. Small world huh. I had been to Kottayam Govt college for UG and Andhra Uni for PG. I know few of the professors at Kariavattom who has inspired me to take up this job.
Raul258 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just great! Another rookie with a MM540 restoration .... coloneljasi 4x4 Vehicles 16 28th April 2012 09:07
Indian roady .. a rookie type :-) jits_1998 Introduce yourself 11 28th February 2008 20:38
Wiring fronts and rears: A rookie's question! kvish In-Car Entertainment 12 4th May 2007 15:48
Predictions for 2007 F1 season: Best rookie MaserQ Int'l Motorsport 0 18th January 2007 00:32
Hi people, a rookie here Mpower Introduce yourself 12 9th April 2005 21:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks