Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 31st August 2016, 14:48   #1
BHPian

Default Hello to all BHPians!

Hello fellow members,

Firstly, a big thank you to the moderator(s) for letting me in.

30th August will be remembered by me, as a special date from now on. I was sitting in a service center, getting my car's first health check up done, when approval email dropped in my inbox. I couldn't remember when was the last time an email made me so glad.

Biologically, I am 32 years of age (though, my mirror has never been able to convince me of that), physically, I would rate myself 24.

I am working as a Taxation Manager in an automotive parts supplier company. Currently living in Pune and originally from Garhwal (uttarakhand). My handle will give you an idea about how much I love and respect hills.

I first experienced this beautiful community last year. Browsing online, I was planning for a road trip when google directed me to Team BHP's travelogue section. That day, though started with travelogue, I ended up in technical section. It has since been an inseparable part of my life. Not a single day has passed without visiting Team-BHP.

My love for cars and winding roads started at an early age. As a child, I grew up listening to the stories of Himalayan rally, narrated by my father. I still remember, watching him keenly, do the service of our scooters, all by himself. Those were the days of simple machines.

My first exclusive ride was a yamaha Rx-100. I have taken it to almost all parts of garhwal. My present rides are - i20 Asta 1.2 vtvt, Punto-90 HP and a RE Thunderbird AVL. I also drive a scorpio S4 (office provided).

Apart from cars, I am a passionate sports person and play with all my stamina and strength. Table tennis, Basketball and cricket are currently doing rounds.

Though my technical knowledge is limited, I'll make sincere efforts to add value to the community.

Thanks for reading, not so interesting intro.

See ya,

TK
Moto_Hill is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 14:54   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hello to all BHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
Biologically, I am 32 years of age (though, my mirror has never been able to convince me of that), physically, I would rate myself 24.
Haha, age is just a number!

Quote:
That day, though started with travelogue, I ended up in technical section. It has since been an inseparable part of my life. Not a single day has passed without visiting Team-BHP.
Like most of the members here, that is true and it's a wonderful journey after that.

Quote:
My present rides are - i20 Asta 1.2 vtvt, Punto-90 HP and a RE Thunderbird AVL. I also drive a scorpio S4 (office provided).
A petrol and a diesel a hatchback. Nice set of wheels you have in your garage! Also like the fact that you have the AVL thunderbird (That bazooka-like exhaust looks awesome).

Would love to read about your experiences on the winding roads and tough terrains.

A warm welcome to the community Moto_Hill.
Omkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 18:36   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Hello to all BHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
My handle will give you an idea about how much I love and respect hills.

My first exclusive ride was a yamaha Rx-100.
Welcome to the forum Moto_Hill. We already have a connection here, I absolutely love the hills and I have had a fair share of riding RXes in my life. I still have a RX 135 5 speed, though hardly get to ride it now.

Please post pics of your rides and hope you have a nice stay here.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 18:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
A petrol and a diesel a hatchback. Nice set of wheels you have in your garage!
Thanks Omkar. i20 is currently being used by my family. If few more things fall in place, a Jetta TDI will soon be added to the list. It is to happen for sure, just how soon is the question. That will fulfil my long wish to own a Sedan. :-)

Quote:
Also like the fact that you have the AVL thunderbird (That bazooka-like exhaust looks awesome).
To me, no other wheels can match the feeling of riding a TB-AVL. My cousin has a TB-UCE and he stills drives my AVL.

Quote:
Would love to read about your experiences on the winding roads and tough terrains.

90 Horses of Punto will undergo a test from Sept end to Mid Oct. I'm doing, Pune-Delhi-Garhwal-Himanchal and back. Leaves already secured ;-) Will surely share the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Welcome to the forum Moto_Hill. We already have a connection here, I absolutely love the hills and I have had a fair share of riding RXes in my life. I still have a RX 135 5 speed, though hardly get to ride it now.

Thanks BlackPearl. Good to know about our love triangle ;-). Driving in the lap of the hills on those unpredictable curves, is all we enthusiasts crave for. Glad (envy?) to know that you still have RX to spin around. I was stupid to let her go. That sound still has power to refresh my mood.

Please post pics of your rides and hope you have a nice stay here.

I will surely do that.

Mod(s): Apologies for quoting same post again. My earlier reply did not went through in full, may be due to some connectivity issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Welcome to the forum Moto_Hill. We already have a connection here, I absolutely love the hills
Thanks BlackPearl. I see a love triangle here . Driving in the lap of hills on those unpredictable curves, is all that we enthusiasts crave for.

Quote:
and I have had a fair share of riding RXes in my life. I still have a RX 135 5 speed, though hardly get to ride it now.
Glad (envy?) to know that you still have the RX to spin around. I was stupid to let her go.

Please post pics of your rides and hope you have a nice stay here.[/quote]

Coming ASAP.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd September 2016 at 11:07. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Closed Thread