Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 5th September 2016, 08:00   #1

Default Hello Team-BHP

Hi All,

I go by the handle dupe, which has no relation to me, just a user handle I like. I'm from Kerala currently in Australia. Business Analyst by profession working for an Oil Company. I left Kerala for higher studies in early 2000's, since then been in Australia. I do visit quite frequently, one can never ignore where you came from.

Growing up I had the privilege to be around some big machines thanks to Family Business .Being a member of a large family I been blessed with chances to be around a different Makes of cars and Two Wheelers ( Legendary RX100 & KB125 being the pick ).

My First car in Australia was a Mitsubishi and then was upgraded to a Holden Commodore. Currently Driving A Toyota Kluger, also weighing up my options for a Nissan Patrol.

I have been a visitor since 2011 and tried to register couple of times this year. Thanks to Moderators for Letting me in this time. Looking forward to the time here.

Have a good Day
Dupe

Last edited by ampere : 5th September 2016 at 16:18. Reason: Formatted post
dupe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 15:39   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Hello Team-BHP

Welcome dupe! Unique choice of handle , but as long as you aren't duped, I guess it's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupe View Post
one can never ignore where you came from.

Quote:
Toyota Kluger
Wow! From a commodore to a family MPV. Wife / kids happened, eh?

Quote:
also weighing up my options for a Nissan Patrol
Now we're talking!

Guess there was a serious shakeup in the Australian market recently, with relaxed import duties. How's that affecting the local scene? I read about manufacturers shutting down local ops.

Great to have you with us.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 04:44   #3

Quote:
Welcome dupe! Unique choice of handle , but as long as you aren't duped, I guess it's okay.

Quote:
Wow! From a commodore to a family MPV. Wife / kids happened, eh?
No kids as of yet prepared in advance hehe.

Trying to be a family man and leave the wild younger days behind, commodore is one hell of a car, but once it cross that 180-200k mark all the bushes and lot of under body parts needs changing. Labour is very expensive here costs more than parts to change it. Do it yourself means more time , which due to job commitments was very hard.

Quote:
Now we're talking!

Guess there was a serious shakeup in the Australian market recently, with relaxed import duties. How's that affecting the local scene? I read about manufacturers shutting down local ops.
Its very easy to import from Japan. Market is flooded with imported Japanese cars - Patrols and Land Cruisers are well in demand especially for outback driving. No other brands lasts or I should say is reliable, its harsh and rugged.

Patrol's new model is a disappointment from my point of view, was thinking of buying a late 200 model. Toyota, Ford, Holden all of them have shut their plants now its all straight from the boats.

Quote:
Great to have you with us.
Pleasure is mine mate, was good to talk to you and it feels good to be here!

Moderator's Note: Please limit smileys to 2 per post and please take your time to format the post to improve the readability for others. Suggest going through the rules of the board.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th September 2016 at 07:59. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
dupe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 05:03   #4
Team-BHP Support

Hi dupe, welcome to Team-BHP.

Interesting to see you are in Brisbane, which is where i am located too. In fact, we do have a few TBHPians around here, and have staggered meets at times. Most recent one from this weekend is mentioned here :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post4049882

While we're here, just a quick glance through the posting guidelines would help you get started with Quoting posts correctly, etc. Link : Guidelines

Looking forward to seeing you around, and possibly at one of the meets.
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 06:30   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Hi dupe, welcome to Team-BHP.

Interesting to see you are in Brisbane, which is where i am located too. In fact, we do have a few TBHPians around here, and have staggered meets at times. Most recent one from this weekend is mentioned here :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post4049882

While we're here, just a quick glance through the posting guidelines would help you get started with Quoting posts correctly, etc. Link : Guidelines

Looking forward to seeing you around, and possibly at one of the meets.
Hi Ben , thanks for the heads up and sure would love to be a part of Team BHP here in Brisbane . Are you based in North side of Brisbane ?

Thanks for the tips about posting too , will go through them .

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys .
Closed Thread