Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 1st October 2016, 23:17   #1

Default Shifting from neutral to 1st; proud to be a BHPian!

I am very excited and happy to be a part of this super awesome community!

I am very much astonished for the patience and perseverance that I kept for joining this community. I made it after many a failed attempt! I started following Team-BHP since year 2011. This is one of the examples of my love and passion for automobiles.

This introduction would be in-complete without the mention of my father, he was the one who instilled the seed of enthusiasm for automobiles in me and we used to have endless discussions related to automobiles.

My drives till date, of course the one’s I owned. My first bike was a Bajaj Kawasaki Caliber which was my first tryst with two wheels as well as my first love. I have lot of vivid memories about it; the most remembered one being the drive from Shirdi to Mumbai.

Then came the TATA Indica Vista XETA Petrol, I owned it for a very brief period, less than a year. The ride was super smooth and the engine was a gem to rev. And it came with the famous “niggles baggage”!

Next one was the Hyundai Santro, what a machine it is! I truly enjoyed owning it, I clocked 97000 km before selling it. The car never let me down and the most memorable thing about it was, I changed the first 4 OEM (Apollo Acelere) tyres at 42000 Km without a single puncture and when I sold the car at 97000 km ODO, the second set (same make) was doing great without a puncture!

Midway I also owned Chevrolet Captiva, it clocked 98000 Km on the ODO before I sold it. The car was a gem, came with a slush box and was a great mile muncher.

Now, my current drive is Honda Amaze SMT (Petrol), current ODO stands at 41000 Km. The car has seen some amazing long drives, Gwalior-Pune - Gwalior, Bangalore – Vadodara - Bangalore, Bangalore – Pune – Bangalore (did couple of runs, as Pune is my hometown), Bangalore-Goa-Bangalore and the recent one being Bangalore-Hyderabad - Bangalore, which I did in October 2016.

By profession I am a bio-technologist. I am 40 years of age, based out of Bangalore. I work for world’s leading biotech company and life has given me a special privilege, I get to travel all around the world! In earlier professional years I spent a lot of time doing projects and thus I traveled a lot by road. Now the travel has been limited to leisure and home trips.

Thanks to all BHPians for patiently reading my humble introduction and looking forward to a great journey of learning, sharing, partnering and what not with this beautiful community of like minded petrol-heads!

Last edited by GTO : 9th January 2017 at 10:26. Reason: Language mistakes, spacing
distiller is offline   (8) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 9th January 2017, 10:28   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Shifting from neutral to 1st; proud to be a BHPian!

Thread moved from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to the Introductions Section. Welcome!
Closed Thread