Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 7th February 2017, 00:07   #1
BHPian

Default A short introduction!

Hello fellow BHP-ians!

I have been following Team-BHP ever since my dad decided to replace our 6 year old Indica V2 in 2009 with a Fiat Punto and it was here where I learned a lot about my future (and now sold) car, allowing me to make an informed decision along with him. I was studying in class 9th then.

Fast forward to today, I find myself on Team-BHP yet again, this time as a new member and yet again trying to make an informed decision about our next car. Hopefully we'll get it right this time too. We're keen on a Tata and are trying to choose between a Zest and Hexa but will only take the Hexa if it fits our parking lot and I'm waiting for a manual transmission TD car to decide that.

A few things about me :

I'm a 4th year, final sem student of Electronics and Communication Engg. studying at Coimbatore but based from Thrissur, Kerala. I've been a lover of everything with an engine ever since I could talk and walk. I tend to agree with Jeremy Clarkson on a lot of car related things and hence would like to at least drive an Alfa Romeo before I die.

Jokes aside, I am really grateful towards the Team-BHP team for having me here. I hope I'll be able to contribute and participate actively and learn some things on the way too!

Apart from cars, I am very keen on photography, music and books and I am also passionate about technology and how it transforms human lives.

Thank you all, and I look forward to meeting and knowing you all!
rshnvjy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 12:08   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: A short introduction!

Welcome to TBHP !

You started young ! I sometimes wish I had too, which could have possibly made me chase a car I still desire

And the hobbies that you have listed are bound to keep you glued to TBHP. There's many of us sharing at least a couple of those, and there is so much to discuss and learn.

Regarding your shortlisted cars - I can relate to that . I am on our 4th Tata, and happy with all of them. I actually feel still quite attached to my Sumo - even though I have the Storme now. So take your pick there.

Have fun !
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 15:11   #3
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard, rshnvjy!

I can relate to your love for automobiles from a very young age - I used to read auto magazines back then, and play with toy cars & bikes only even before that. It's been a very long time since I purchased an auto magazine, for Team-BHP has done away with the need for them!

You've indeed come to the right place, my friend!

Last edited by RSR : 8th February 2017 at 15:12.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 15:14   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum and hope you have a lovely time. Would be keen to know whether the Hexa fits your garage or not. It is one hell of a vehicle from Tata.
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 11:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Welcome to TBHP !

You started young ! I sometimes wish I had too, which could have possibly made me chase a car I still desire

And the hobbies that you have listed are bound to keep you glued to TBHP. There's many of us sharing at least a couple of those, and there is so much to discuss and learn.

Regarding your shortlisted cars - I can relate to that . I am on our 4th Tata, and happy with all of them. I actually feel still quite attached to my Sumo - even though I have the Storme now. So take your pick there.

Have fun !
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Welcome aboard, rshnvjy!

I can relate to your love for automobiles from a very young age - I used to read auto magazines back then, and play with toy cars & bikes only even before that. It's been a very long time since I purchased an auto magazine, for Team-BHP has done away with the need for them!

You've indeed come to the right place, my friend!
Thank you very much all!

It is really encouraging to see that we're all here as automotive enthusiasts with our own tastes and preferences and that we all support each other. I love the spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Welcome to the forum and hope you have a lovely time. Would be keen to know whether the Hexa fits your garage or not. It is one hell of a vehicle from Tata.
Thank you!

Hopefully it does fit. I am waiting for my father to come back from abroad after which he will do a TD and find that out for himself. Fingers crossed! But otherwise too, I guess the Zest diesel would be a good option as we would prefer a car that is good for long distance cruising and we don't explicitly need one that seats more than 6 people. Having a Hexa would definitely be sweet.

I will be sure to post a thread on the decision process that went into purchasing the Hexa/Zest and also a comprehensive ownership review and travelogues.
Old 12th February 2017, 15:14   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshnvjy View Post
[b]We're keen on a Tata and are trying to choose between a Zest and Hexa but will only take the Hexa if it fits our parking lot and I'm waiting for a manual transmission TD car to decide that.
Congrats on your membership. I am glad to read about your keenness to get another TATA home. Zest and HEXA are far too apart to be spoken in the same breath, except for their parentage and quality. However, most car buying decisions do begin that way-with myriad options. Do share your purchase story.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread