Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 16th February 2017, 22:54   #1

Default It's so good to be here

First of all , thanks to the Moderators for inducting me into this group, feeling so good to be a part of this community.

My name is Priyankar Sen, a restaurateur by profession, reader and traveler by heart who loves to frame memories. A Bengali by birth, I am 27 in terms of age ( and happily single ), but I believe anyone who has a passion in life, is, and will always remain, really young & fresh at mind and soul.

As usual, started riding first and then driving. Learned riding in a Kinetic Honda scooty when I was 12 years old and driving in a Santro when I was 16. The Grand Old Amby was the first car in the family with a Santro , Fiesta and Alto being later additions. Currently , the Fiesta and “ MY FIRST CAR”, a Yellow & White Brezza occupies the place of pride in our garage ( though my first love is , and will always be my 2006 Bajaj Avenger 180 Dtsi ). Whenever I get the chance, I cherish my long drives - on straight boring roads, curvy mountain roads, roads with beach views, and even on roads filled with potholes or no-roads at all. In a nutshell, I love driving.

Looking forward to share / collaborate with all of you out here and have a great time.

P.S. It was tenth-time lucky for me !
PriyanCAR is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 15:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: It's so good to be here

Welcome to TBHP Priyankar. We hope you find your stay here fruitful. Remember membership is a two-way street. You gain information from others, but must contribute from your end. I suggest you play along a bit trying to get a feel for the forum, but at the same time start participating in the exchanges. Welcome once again.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 15:49   #3
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard, PriyanCAR!

There's no better place than this forum in the Indian cyberspace for someone who loves driving & riding like you do. And 10th time lucky? Man! You exemplify the old saying:

Quote:
If at first you don't succeed, then try, try & try again!

Last edited by RSR : 17th February 2017 at 15:51.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 16:14   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard, PriyanCar! Do you run a restaurant in Kolkata? Still retain pleasant (if hazy!) memories of Peter Cat, Nizam's, Fleury's and Mocambo, not to mention Hot Kati Rolls at the top of Park Street

Haven't been there in nearly two decades though. Are the roads still awful? Do Ambassador cabs still stuff you in by the dozen and agree to drop you anywhere for "dosh taaka" extra? Do trams still run to quaint-sounding places like Thakurpukur?

Ignore me, am in nostalgia mode! Look forward to seeing many threads from you.
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 22:52   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Welcome to TBHP Priyankar. We hope you find your stay here fruitful. Remember membership is a two-way street. You gain information from others, but must contribute from your end. I suggest you play along a bit trying to get a feel for the forum, but at the same time start participating in the exchanges. Welcome once again.
Thanks for the encouraging words, Sir ! Its indeed a pleasure to share this forum with members of your stature. I would surely love to contribute in enriching the content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Welcome aboard, PriyanCAR!

There's no better place than this forum in the Indian cyberspace for someone who loves driving & riding like you do. And 10th time lucky? Man! You exemplify the old saying:
Couldn't agree with you more !

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Welcome aboard, PriyanCar! Do you run a restaurant in Kolkata? Still retain pleasant (if hazy!) memories of Peter Cat, Nizam's, Fleury's and Mocambo, not to mention Hot Kati Rolls at the top of Park Street

Haven't been there in nearly two decades though. Are the roads still awful? Do Ambassador cabs still stuff you in by the dozen and agree to drop you anywhere for "dosh taaka" extra? Do trams still run to quaint-sounding places like Thakurpukur?

Ignore me, am in nostalgia mode! Look forward to seeing many threads from you.
Yeah, my "City of Joy" still has that old world charm though "Modernization" has definitely announced its arrival.
Closed Thread