Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 24th February 2017, 13:23   #1

Default Hello Team-BHP!

Hi All,

I thought I should introduce myself to all of you!
My name is Ashwin and I am from Chennai. I'm 36 and run my own Architectural practice. It feels great to finally be a part of this absolutely amazing community! It took five [or was it six?] attempts to get my membership approved and I can clearly remember waiting for the email from Team-BHP saying 'approved', instead of the dreaded 'please register again'!

I came across this forum while doing some research on which car to buy. This was some three months ago and ever since then I have been hooked, booked and cooked! From which car to buy, to how to maintain your car, to correct driving technique and everything in between, I have been devouring content here like there is no tomorrow. I hope to be able to contribute in my own small way, starting soon.

I currently drive a 2009 Maruti Ritz VXi and have a 2007 RE Electra 5S and a 2016 Honda Navi. I love all three of them and enjoy them a lot! Discovering Team-BHP has been the root cause of me going all out to get some work [purely non-mechanical] done on my Ritz and I hope to put down all the work done on her in a long term ownership review here.

As far as unforgettable automotive experiences go, when my wife and I were in the USA on holiday, we wanted to rent a car to drive from Vegas to The Grand Canyon. We had booked an 'economy sedan' but when we went to collect the car they didn't have any and decided to upgrade us to a Mustang!! The guy behind the counter was searching for a picture of a Mustang to show me when I said I know what it looks like, just give me the keys before you change your mind! Three days and a thousand miles later, I have memories of that car and that road trip that I will cherish forever.

Cheers,
Ashwin
avis4398 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 17:38   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hello Team-BHP!

Let me be the first one to welcome you to the Forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avis4398 View Post
I currently drive a 2009 Maruti Ritz VXi and have a 2007 RE Electra 5S and a 2016 Honda Navi. I love all three of them and enjoy them a lot! Discovering Team-BHP has been the root cause of me going all out to get some work [purely non-mechanical] done on my Ritz and I hope to put down all the work done on her in a long term ownership review here.
Interesting garage you got there! IMO the 1.2 L engine is something you would never get bored of. Just love that engine from Maruti.

Also, the two wheels - An RE fan I presume. The Navi seems a lot fun as well.

Would like to read your reviews on all three
Quote:
As far as unforgettable automotive experiences go, when my wife and I were in the USA on holiday, we wanted to rent a car to drive from Vegas to The Grand Canyon. We had booked an 'economy sedan' but when we went to collect the car they didn't have any and decided to upgrade us to a Mustang!! The guy behind the counter was searching for a picture of a Mustang to show me when I said I know what it looks like, just give me the keys before you change your mind! Three days and a thousand miles later, I have memories of that car and that road trip that I will cherish forever.
Haha, awesome story! The pony just puts a wide grin on your face.

Keep posting
Old 25th February 2017, 09:04   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Let me be the first one to welcome you to the Forum!

Interesting garage you got there! IMO the 1.2 L engine is something you would never get bored of. Just love that engine from Maruti.

Also, the two wheels - An RE fan I presume. The Navi seems a lot fun as well.

Would like to read your reviews on all three

Haha, awesome story! The pony just puts a wide grin on your face.

Keep posting
Thanks Omkar for the welcome! Yes, an RE fan here. Looking forward to being an active member of this community!
avis4398 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 11:40   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avis4398 View Post

Thanks Omkar for the welcome! Yes, an RE fan here. Looking forward to being an active member of this community!
Welcome Ashwin on-board. Have a great stay and waiting to read your ownership threads on 3 of your steeds.

Do pen down the travelogue too. Would be a great read.
Old 25th February 2017, 13:56   #5

Thanks a4anurag!

Hmmm...a travelogue. Let me see if I can find any of the notes I made during the trip! I wish I had been more organized and methodical about documenting the trip.
Old 27th February 2017, 10:42   #6
BHPian

Hi avis4398, Welcome from another newbie & one who owns the same steed - Electra 5S. Yeah team-bhp rekindled it all in me as well. It got me out of my slumber to deck up my vintage zen & zippy alto k10. Happy stay and see you around. Cheers!
Closed Thread