Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 26th February 2017, 16:35   #1
BHPian

Default Hi Folks

I have been here for a few years, but never really introduced myself. I am from Northern Karnataka (Hubli-Dharwar to be precise), who has been living overseas for the last 16 years for sake of making a living. I am an Engineer by profession and I lead a bunch of engineers in a well known manufacturing giant in Eastern Europe. Before coming to here, I have studied and lived in North America for 10 years and in Asia for 5 years. I have passion for all things related to regular automobiles (well not so much into bikes). I like the intricacies of an average daily driving car. I am not into formula cars and such stuff. Japanese cars are my favorites for their simplicity and reliability. The cars I have owned in the past are, Honda City hatchback, Toyota Matrix, VW Bora, VW Lavida and I currently drive a Skoda Superb. The last 3 are the courtesy of my employer and therefore they are not Japanese as I don't get to pick which car they give me. And I would love to join a team-bhp meet in Europe if there is going to be one.....

Last edited by Theyota : 26th February 2017 at 16:52. Reason: a
Theyota is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 17:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp. Where in europe are you? I stay in Milan, and there is another Tbhp old friend here.
And there is also one more tbhpian in finland. Last his contact(Avinash?) but i think there should be many others.
And YES, we should plan one meet in europe.
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 18:26   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Hi Folks

I am in Poland! I moved here very recently.
Old 26th February 2017, 19:16   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum. Into off road stuff? Would love to get feedback on that scene in Europe
Old 11th March 2017, 17:18   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Welcome to the forum. Into off road stuff? Would love to get feedback on that scene in Europe
Did a little bit of off-roading while I was living in the US (very much a beginner). I am very new in Europe (a little over a month). So I do not know much about the scene here.
Old 11th March 2017, 19:38   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyota View Post
I have been here for a few years....
Can't extend a formal welcome to you. Your presence on the forum preceded mine! Can't talk about your cars - I know very little about them, Bora and Lavida being names that I came across for the very first time today. Nevertheless, it is nice of you to write an introductory post - 8 years is not too late .

How do you mange your daily dose of rotti palya in Poland? Please share your experiences of living as an expat; driving different cars and looking at India from an NRI point of view.

Happy motoring.
Closed Thread