Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 13th March 2017, 15:14   #1
ses

Default A short introduction

Dear BHP-ians,

Although I've been a regular visitor to this forum for many years, I formally became a member only recently. I am an academic in my 30s. I grew up in Kerala and spent many years in Chennai, where I studied. I currently live in Kanpur where I teach Computer Science to undergraduate and graduate students in an engineering institute.

I learnt driving on a Maruti Alto and currently drive an S-Cross 1.6 (running on Michelin P3ST - love those tyres!). I enjoy the luxury of being able to commute daily between office and home on a cycle. Thus, I do not have to navigate crawling traffic in congested city roads on a daily basis. I love to go on long drives during the weekend. I guess the sound of a high revving automotive engine appears soothing as it breaks the monotony of the serene work environment that an academic typically enjoys!

I've been genuinely impressed by the quality of original content and the depth of various technical discussions on this forum. I am happy to be part of this wonderful community.

Wish you all Happy Holi!
ses is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 16:59   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default re: A short introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses View Post
Although I've been a regular visitor to this forum for many years, I formally became a member only recently. I am an academic in my 30s. I grew up in Kerala and spent many years in Chennai, where I studied. I currently live in Kanpur where I teach Computer Science to undergraduate and graduate students in an engineering institute.
This speaks a lot about yourself. If can I make an educated guess also speaks of the beauty of the institution you may be associated with! Acads are always something very fascinating; abstract or applied!

Welcome to the forum!
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 18:08   #3
Team-BHP Support

Let me be the first non-Phd poster on this thread...

Welcome ses, S-Cross 1.6 is a great car. Do post a ownership review thread someday.

Last edited by Samurai : 13th March 2017 at 18:13.
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 19:12   #4
ses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This speaks a lot about yourself. If can I make an educated guess also speaks of the beauty of the institution you may be associated with! Acads are always something very fascinating; abstract or applied!

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks, ampere. Academia does offer a lot of freedom and I enjoy teaching. The institution is indeed a beautiful place - both in the literal and abstract sense .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Welcome ses, S-Cross 1.6 is a great car. Do post a ownership review thread someday.
Thanks, Samurai. It is indeed a great car. Looks quite bland from outside, so I spend most of the time in the driver's seat . I grab every opportunity to go on long drives in spite of the notorious traffic in Kanpur city.

Will definitely post an ownership review.
ses is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 19:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses View Post
Academia does offer a lot of freedom and I enjoy teaching. The institution is indeed a beautiful place - both in the literal and abstract sense.
Spoken like a true intellectual . Welcome to the forum. Hope you will add more original content and insightful comments to the team-bhp repository.
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread