Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 14th March 2017, 01:32   #1
BHPian

Default Finally onboard!

Hello there,

I'm a nearing 40-something Chennai-based motoring enthusiast who used to love riding motorcycles till an accident toppled my ambitions to roam free on two wheels.

When two wheels can't keep me safe, four should

The first car I fell in love with while driving was the Nissan Altima. Of course, I couldn't compare my Alto to it but it made me a Nissan fan for years (Nissan Versa, Sentra, Maxima)-- until I decided to buy a car back in India. Nissan's offerings in India didn't appeal to me and long story short, I bought a WagonR, which is still my reliable workhorse.

If wishes were horses, I'd love to drive the Nissan 370Z, Mustang, and of course Porsche 911.

I'm a writer by profession but rarely get to do that in real life because I'm busy getting other people to write instead! Other than driving, I love nature trails and photography (both on the back-burner for now due to work and family).

I chanced on several wonderful write-ups on Team-BHP during my search to know about cars and I could never get off the computer without a dose of TBHP followed by a dose from my wife to hit the bed. I;m still up at 1.25 am typing this!

I've been in the market for a new car for the past couple of years. I almost signed the dotted line to buy an S-Cross when I got a call to travel overseas, which never happened eventually. I've been looking for an automatic to cheer up my ailing left leg but again I never got to like any automatic other than the Honda City CVT. Alas, Honda shattered my dreams with their pricing but then, I came to terms with reality and booked a manual Honda City V instead last weekend. Hoping to pen an ownership thread when the time is right.

My sincere thanks to GTO for getting me finally "in" Team-BHP after all these years and registration attempts!.Without GTO's wonderful write-ups and invitation to join, I wouldn't penning this right now. Thanks once again.

Cheers!
Content Reactor is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 13:22   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Finally onboard!

Hi Content Reactor,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you onboard. Nissan's offerings in India are definitely not very appealing to most, though they do have some strong points. On the other hand, the City is quite a good investment and should keep you very happy throughout its lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
I'm a writer by profession but rarely get to do that in real life because I'm busy getting other people to write instead!
We would like to know more about your writing.
We would like to know some more about your works.

Quote:
Other than driving, I love nature trails and photography (both on the back-burner for now due to work and family).
You will find a lot of write-ups and photographs on nature trails in our Travelogues section.

Trust you have been through Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 11:11   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
Hello there,

I chanced on several wonderful write-ups on Team-BHP during my search to know about cars and I could never get off the computer without a dose of TBHP followed by a dose from my wife to hit the bed. I;m still up at 1.25 am typing this!

Cheers!
Cheers and Welcome to Team-BHP ! All petrol heads need a regular dose of Team-BHP isn't it ? Team-BHP is indeed addictive and deprives you of sleep . The reason being the amount of authentic and quality content you will not find elsewhere. As a community Team-BHP is ages ahead in terms of information wealth, gathered based on knowledge as well as practical experience of the members here who have contributed so much to this community.

Team-BHP is a special place to be. Do come up with great write-ups and travelogues! Wishing you the very best.

Love and Live to Drive !!
BLACKBLADE is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 21:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you onboard. Nissan's offerings in India are definitely not very appealing to most, though they do have some strong points. On the other hand, the City is quite a good investment and should keep you very happy throughout its lifetime.

Thank you, Aditya. I work as a content manager with an IT firm in Chennai. Let me know if you need to know anything else Yes, I'm hoping the Honda would be as reliable as my WagonR and take it to places we haven't been before via road. I initially booked a Baleno CVT but with the waiting period of 24 weeks, I decided to book the 2017 HC (MT version) as well. Depending on which one lands in my hands first, I will cancel one of them (most probably the Baleno). My primary need has been an automatic but the HC pricing made the V CVT impractical for me. So I turned to Team-BHP again for advice and many contributors suggested changing my seating position and driving style. I'm trying that out on my WagonR now and it's helping to a certain extent. I also hate to miss out on the control MT provides that an AT can never give. Sigh. I can't have both worlds in my budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
All petrol heads need a regular dose of Team-BHP isn't it ? Team-BHP is indeed addictive and deprives you of sleep . The reason being the amount of authentic and quality content you will not find elsewhere. As a community Team-BHP is ages ahead in terms of information wealth, gathered based on knowledge as well as practical experience of the members here who have contributed so much to this community.
Very true. I've been a regular reader for years and finally managed to join (thank you, GTO!). I really admire the way Team-BHP manages the volume and ensures quality. Hats off to you guys!
I will post a review after I wrap my hands on one of the four-wheeled beauties I'm supposed to own
Cheers!

Last edited by ampere : 15th March 2017 at 22:04. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 16th March 2017, 10:36   #5

Welcome aboard Content Reactor. This is one such forum which will for sure keep you addicted with its content and quality. Wishing you a wonderful stay and enjoy all the fabulous write up's.
TorqueTwist is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread