Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2017, 16:05   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!

Greetings BHPians! It is fantastic to be a part of the Team BHP community. I joined my first community, the MR2OC (MR2 owners club), out of sheer necessity to restore my 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo. Boy, I regret selling that car! I consulted the forum for each step in the process. The MR2OC taught me the power of an online community in bringing enthusiasts together on common interests, and in my case, completing a project.

Our Cars (Past)
1. VW Jetta Wolfsburg
2. Infiniti G35
3. BMW 135i
4. E92 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
5. 190E Mercedes Benz
6. 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo


Our Cars (Present)
1. 1952 Chrysler Windsor Convertible - We've had this car in the family for years and had it restored recently in Pune. An interesting fact is that this car was used by Queen Elizabeth during her trip to Chennai in the 70s.
2. 193? Austin 7 Convertible
3. 2014 Audi S4
4. Triumph Daytona 675R (Purely for the race track)

As an observer, the quality of discussion and moderation on the team BHP are fantastic and it has become my "go to" for Indian car and bike reviews. I feel fortunate to be part of an engaging community once again.
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!-img_5533.jpg.jpeg  

Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!-img_3679.jpg.jpeg  

Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!-img_0343.jpg.jpeg  

ajvee44 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 16:43   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,492
Thanked: 6,769 Times
Default re: Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!

Welcome ajvee44 that is quiet a garage you got there, looking forward to you sharing more on the vehicles you have had. Especially the restoration stories, looking forward to it.

Enjoy your stay and welcome once again.

cheers
Jaggu
Jaggu is online now  
Old 22nd March 2017, 17:47   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: KA 18/KA 02
Posts: 388
Thanked: 857 Times
Default re: Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!

ajvee44, where were you all these days, hiding those fantastic cars! That's an awesome garage - both past and present. Would be interesting to read your ownership experiences over the years. Please do write about them. And, welcome to team-bhp.
dailydriver is offline  
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:12   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,547
Thanked: 7,604 Times
Default Re: Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee44 View Post
Greetings BHPians! It is fantastic to be a part of the Team BHP community. I joined my first community, the MR2OC (MR2 owners club), out of sheer necessity to restore my 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo. Boy, I regret selling that car! I consulted the forum for each step in the process. The MR2OC taught me the power of an online community in bringing enthusiasts together on common interests, and in my case, completing a project.

Our Cars (Past)
1. VW Jetta Wolfsburg
2. Infiniti G35
3. BMW 135i
4. E92 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
5. 190E Mercedes Benz
6. 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo


Our Cars (Present)
1. 1952 Chrysler Windsor Convertible - We've had this car in the family for years and had it restored recently in Pune. An interesting fact is that this car was used by Queen Elizabeth during her trip to Chennai in the 70s.
2. 193? Austin 7 Convertible
3. 2014 Audi S4
4. Triumph Daytona 675R (Purely for the race track)

As an observer, the quality of discussion and moderation on the team BHP are fantastic and it has become my "go to" for Indian car and bike reviews. I feel fortunate to be part of an engaging community once again.
Hello and welcome aboard. That's quite a garage!

You will enjoy the vintage section immensely I am sure. This might even be your car, who knows! I had seen it and the Austin being restored in Pune.
karlosdeville is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:15   #5
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,740
Thanked: 2,903 Times
Default Re: Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!

Welcome to Team-BHP Ajeev, impressive list of past and present cars you have there. The Toyota MR-2 - didn't all MR-2s come with a NA engine - I don't remember hearing about a Turbo MR-2 (although the Supra did). Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Would love to see some more pics and history on the Chrysler and Austin too.

Thanks,
v12 is offline  
Old 22nd March 2017, 22:33   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Welcome ajvee44 that is quiet a garage you got there, looking forward to you sharing more on the vehicles you have had. Especially the restoration stories, looking forward to it.
I appreciate the welcome kind sir! I will post history and restoration on both cars in the vintage section soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Hello and welcome aboard. That's quite a garage!

You will enjoy the vintage section immensely I am sure. This might even be your car, who knows! I had seen it and the Austin being restored in Pune.

I appreciate the welcome. You may be right on that Chrysler being the same car! I will dig up a photo soon of Queen Elizabeth riding in the car in Madras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Ajeev, impressive list of past and present cars you have there. The Toyota MR-2 - didn't all MR-2s come with a NA engine - I don't remember hearing about a Turbo MR-2 (although the Supra did). Please do correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you sir! The first gen or MK1 MR2s were either naturally aspirated or supercharged with both manual and auto options. The second ten or MK2 MR2s either had a 2.2 liter NA engine or a 2 liter turbo engine. The last generation MR2s were actually called MRS' and were only in convertible, naturally aspirated form. I recently spied one on a trip to Delhi.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd March 2017 at 10:22. Reason: Do see the FAQs on using the "MULTI-QUOTE" feature, rather than consecutive replies. Thanks! :)
ajvee44 is offline  
Old 22nd March 2017, 23:39   #7
BHPian
 
The Brutailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: -
Posts: 326
Thanked: 657 Times
Default Re: Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!

Welcome! Can't help but notice the Daytona 675r. Man, you've stripped it like hell. How much weight reduction?

Also, will wait for the S4 review. Haven't seen any on the forum.
The Brutailer is offline  
Old 23rd March 2017, 08:37   #8
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Welcome! Can't help but notice the Daytona 675r. Man, you've stripped it like hell. How much weight reduction?

Also, will wait for the S4 review. Haven't seen any on the forum.
Thank you.

The Daytona has:
1. Profiber track fairing
2. Austin racing GP2 exhaust
3. Decatted headers
4. Adjustable rearsets
5. Vesrah carbon brake pads and motul fluid
6. Brembo master cylinder
7. Sprockets

The best mods, though, have been multiple track riding schools

I would estimate weight reduction at about 12 kilos. I will weigh it soon.

The cliff notes on the S4

The Good
- Fantastic engine and transmission
- Launches hard owing to the quattro.
- Smooth power right through the band upto redline
- Glorious intake and exhaust noise. One of the best I've heard this side of a high revving V8
- Well designed interior.

The Bad
- Horribly numb steering. As a BMW M3 guy, I detest the numbness. It is very artificial and badly weighted even at higher speed.
- Questionable longevity. It has about 17K kms and already there are rattles and squeaks. I guess the Indian roads don't help.
ajvee44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 08:31   #9
BHPian
 
v1kram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Coimbatore /YEG
Posts: 452
Thanked: 222 Times
Default Re: Greetings from a vintage car, sports car and motorcycle enthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee44 View Post
Greetings BHPians!
Welcome to the forum, nice to see a fellow Coimbatorean on board!
v1kram is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from a motorcycle enthusiast! onaversys Introduce yourself 1 29th November 2016 23:44
Greetings from a fellow enthusiast :) asivan Introduce yourself 3 27th July 2014 14:38
Greetings!! from one more enthusiast carizma Introduce yourself 1 5th February 2012 04:32
A tribute to a Vintage Man : similar to a vintage car or vintage wine StarVegabond Shifting gears 3 12th October 2009 14:49
Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display by Deccan Heritage Automobile Association - @ HIAS hillram Vintage Cars & Classics in India 66 12th August 2009 06:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:06.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks