Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 3rd April 2017, 08:36   #1
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Exclamation Cracked the code in the 8th attempt! Hello from the west

Hi friends. Its another team bhpian from Ahmedabad. Native of Rajasthan presently posted in a central govt department in Gujarat.

As any other middle class child I grew up around Luna, Hero honda street and Bajaj Super in my house. Learnt riding at an age of 9, driving at an age of 12 since then there is no looking back. I have covered more than 4 lakh KMs on bikes and cars combined.

In motorbikes, I'd owned a Bajaj Pulsar UGIII between 2007 and 2012, in 2012 the RE bug bitten me and I got a TBTS 350. In cars, we had a Maruti 800 from 2003 to 2009(drove 50K KMS and sold), in 2009 got a used wagonR(drove 50K KMS and sold), in 2012 we got another WagonR (New And going strong after 40K). In 2015 I got shifted to Ahmedabad and got myself a pre Worshipped Hyundai ACCENT GLE. Done some wonderful trips to DIU, UDAIPUR and Jaipur with the car.

Love cars, Live cars.
Ry_der is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 10:00   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Cracked the code in the 8th attempt! Hello from the west

Welcome, Ry_der !

That's a lot of miles - or should I say Kilometers there . Do you still have the TBTS along side the Accent ? Having started riding early, did you also get your hands dirty with grease & oil ?

From one beautiful state to another ! Wish to travel these two states sometime, and hope I do.

Here's wishing you a long happy ride in TBHP.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 11:12   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Welcome, Ry_der !

That's a lot of miles - or should I say Kilometers there . Do you still have the TBTS along side the Accent ?
Yes sir. I have both till now. T'bird serves the purpose of daily office commute as the traffic of Ahmedabad is utter chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Having started riding early, did you also get your hands dirty with grease & oil ?
Yes Sir. Though all our earlier machines were practically niggle free yet I can remember using a coin to turn the idling screw multiple time during a short trip to my villege on my father's Bajaj Super.

After buying the Pulsar in 2007, I had done some minor customization( Includes removal of headlight assembly, rear mud guard ) to ready my bike for ameture stunting. Yes, I was into ammeture bike stunts( Wheelies, Stoppies, burnouts etc.).

The T'bird of mine is surely from another world because I dont have any memories of oil leak, blown fuse in my 4 years of ownership. I have done some long trips on the bike. Yet to visit laddakh.

And I am hopelessly in love with the roads of Gujarat. Post demonetisation I had to visit hinterlands of Gujarat for some enforcement related duties but never came across a broken road.
Cheers.
Ry_der is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 11:39   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Ry_der and happy to see another Amdavadi here. That is a lot of kms that you have clocked! Look forward to hear about your trips.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 12:05   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team-bhp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
presently posted in a central govt department in Gujarat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
Post demonetisation I had to visit hinterlands of Gujarat for some enforcement related duties but never came across a broken road.
Do subscribe to this thread -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...es-etc-73.html (All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...))

Your advice and suggestions will help a lot of team-bhp members.
smartcat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 12:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Welcome to the forum Ry_der and happy to see another Amdavadi here. That is a lot of kms that you have clocked! Look forward to hear about your trips.
Rajasthani by birth, Amdavadi by choice.

About the trips, I have travelled a lot but most of my long distance journeys were taken on public transport. The above KMS are covered mostly within city boundaries, maximum upto 200KMs which is the distance of my home town from Jaipur. But I had to 2-3 trips to and fro during a single day many times. My long distance trips started from the day I got posted to Amdavad.From November 2015 to November 2016 I have covered Diu(Twice), Mt Abu, Udaipur, Ratanpur,Jaipur, Surat, Bhavnagar, Rajkot, Polo forest. Will try to collect some pics of the trips before I start writing some travelogues.

A 'candid' pic from the first Diu trip clicked near Junagadh
Attached Thumbnails
Cracked the code in the 8th attempt! Hello from the west-img_20170404_115917.jpg  

Ry_der is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread