Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 11th April 2017, 01:58   #1

Default Hello from Chicago

Salute,

I've been a TBHP member since 2015, however this is the first time I am introducing myself to the entire group.

I lived in Mumbai till 2015, when I moved to Chicago for work. I was an avid biker back in India having driven everything from Kinetic, M80, Chetak and Activa to KTM Duke RC200 and Honda CBR 500R, but the scene changed in US.

India, however big a market for cars and bikes, is still lacking the basic roadway infrastructure to support the transport. But, I am glad to see the improving conditions and what a lot of auto manufacturers are bringing to the market.

US is a different flavor of cake altogether. The number of people fond of new and old cars are roughly the same across generations. People are equally fond of keeping boats or bikes as leisurely possessions.

I've driven almost all of the popular muscle cars along some of the most scenic driveways. Best one being driving a Dodge Challenger 2014 along the beautiful Pacific Coast Highway US-1. For anyone visiting US, experiencing any car is affordable if you rent it for 3-4 days.

My dream possession would be a Tesla Model X. It's the future and it's the closest to an achievable dream than any other futuristic car available in market today.

Stay safe and Ride on !

Cheers !!

Last edited by Aditya : 11th April 2017 at 11:27. Reason: Adding punctuation & spacing for better readability
axl7madrose is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 11:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Hello from Chicago

Hi,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axl7madrose View Post
India, however big a market for cars and bikes, is still lacking the basic roadway infrastructure to support the transport. But, I am glad to see the improving conditions and what a lot of auto manufacturers are bringing to the market.
I have to agree with you. We have a long way to go before we have the infrastructure to match developed countries.

Quote:
I've driven almost all of the popular muscle cars along some of the most scenic driveways. Best one being driving a Dodge Challenger 2014 along the beautiful Pacific Coast Highway US-1.
We would love to read about your experiences. The Challenger is a fantastic looking muscle car.

Quote:
My dream possession would be a Tesla Model X. It's the future and it's the closest to an achievable dream than any other futuristic car available in market today.
With European countries set to move away from fossil fuels, Tesla definitely looks like the future of automobiles. In fact, most major manufacturers are on track to go electric in the coming years.

Trust you have been through the posting rules of the community.

See you on the forum.
Old 11th April 2017, 18:52   #3

Thank you Aditya, Have a great day
Old 12th April 2017, 11:52   #4
BHPian

Post Re: Hello from Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hi,
With European countries set to move away from fossil fuels, Tesla definitely looks like the future of automobiles. In fact, most major manufacturers are on track to go electric in the coming years.
Hi and welcome to the group Axl7madrose.

@Aditya, if one considers the progress that has been made in many areas including mechanical, materials, electronics etc., vis-a-vis battery technology, in the last 100 years the gap would be clearly visible. We are still almost at the same levels on lead acid batteries. IMHO, this is largely driven by the pressure from the oil economy with almost no funding for R&D electrical energy storage and release technologies.
Closed Thread