Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2017, 11:25   #1
Newbie
 
Vishid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Thrissur
Posts: 20
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Approved and dancing!

Hi everyone,

With pride and satiety, I post this introduction. My affair with T-BHP began a few years ago, when Google showed me the name as a result for one of my searches. Since then, I became a regular visitor to this treasure trove of automotive information. Today, I became a member of this wonderful team, in my second attempt.

My first name is Vishnu. I am from the cultural capital of the God's own country! Turning 21 this month, Iam a final year Mechanical engineering student. Like most boys, I grew up with an affinity for superheroes, cars, and bikes. (Thankfully, Iam not a superhero fan anymore!). Away from the motoring world, my interests include books, movies and travel. The first car in the family was a Premier Padmini, the queen of the roads at it's time.(No gifts for guessing the King!) We sold it in 2002 and brought home a Hyundai accent viva petrol. Good looks, smooth engine and Hyundai service together made it's ownership a bliss. However, our daily commuting needs grew beyond a justifiable limit for owning a petrol car. After spearheading a search for a good diesel, I found Toyota Innova's reliability competing with Mahindra Scorpio CRDe's looks and features in my head. I settled for the Indian. Brought home in 2007, he remains in effective service, with an odometer reading of 1.7 lakh kilometers. The big diesel's power, the aggressive styling of the car and the respect it earns from the traffic are commendable.

Moving on, in 2017 the Scorpio got a companion- Renault Duster Rxz 85. It wasn't much of a search. We decided it's either a Creta or a Duster. The Creta, in my opinion, is a bit overpriced. So we went with the Duster. It is a nice car and does it's job quite well. Good city driveability, good mileage and a long list of features are it's strong points. TVS service, age and average build quality are it's downsides. Apart from these two, a scooter sits in my garage.

I was very much interested in driving a real vehicle, from a very early age. But my father was as much against underage driving, and rightly so. Thus I had to content myself with watching others drive. The steering, the three pedals, the gear lever, the signal and wiper stalks, all fascinated me. On my eighteenth birthday, my father took me to a nearby driving school. In less than a month, I found myself driving the Scorpio, with my license safely kept in my pocket! Dream come true moment! Since then, I had the luck to pilot several cars, including hatchbacks, sedans, MUVs and SUVs. The costliest one I got to drive was the Ford Endeavour Titanium 3.2L . Pure bliss!

As much as I like to drive, I like to know about automobiles. I feel Iam in the right place for the same. To be in the company of knowledgeable motorheads is encouraging. I look forward to gaining and sharing information on automobiles with the help of T-BHP, and it's distinguished members.

Regards,
Vishid

Last edited by Samurai : 14th May 2017 at 12:17. Reason: Break the content into multiple paragraphs, makes it easy to read.
Vishid is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 13:20   #2
BHPian
 
Omkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 277
Thanked: 2,289 Times
Default Re: Approved and dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishid View Post
Hi everyone,

With pride and satiety, I post this introduction. My affair with T-BHP began a few years ago, when Google showed me the name as a result for one of my searches. Since then, I became a regular visitor to this treasure trove of automotive information. Today, I became a member of this wonderful team, in my second attempt.

My first name is Vishnu. I am from the cultural capital of the God's own country! Turning 21 this month, Iam a final year Mechanical engineering student. Like most boys, I grew up with an affinity for superheroes, cars, and bikes. (Thankfully, Iam not a superhero fan anymore!). Away from the motoring world, my interests include books, movies and travel. The first car in the family was a Premier Padmini, the queen of the roads at it's time.(No gifts for guessing the King!) We sold it in 2002 and brought home a Hyundai accent viva petrol. Good looks, smooth engine and Hyundai service together made it's ownership a bliss. However, our daily commuting needs grew beyond a justifiable limit for owning a petrol car. After spearheading a search for a good diesel, I found Toyota Innova's reliability competing with Mahindra Scorpio CRDe's looks and features in my head. I settled for the Indian. Brought home in 2007, he remains in effective service, with an odometer reading of 1.7 lakh kilometers. The big diesel's power, the aggressive styling of the car and the respect it earns from the traffic are commendable.

Moving on, in 2017 the Scorpio got a companion- Renault Duster Rxz 85. It wasn't much of a search. We decided it's either a Creta or a Duster. The Creta, in my opinion, is a bit overpriced. So we went with the Duster. It is a nice car and does it's job quite well. Good city driveability, good mileage and a long list of features are it's strong points. TVS service, age and average build quality are it's downsides. Apart from these two, a scooter sits in my garage.

I was very much interested in driving a real vehicle, from a very early age. But my father was as much against underage driving, and rightly so. Thus I had to content myself with watching others drive. The steering, the three pedals, the gear lever, the signal and wiper stalks, all fascinated me. On my eighteenth birthday, my father took me to a nearby driving school. In less than a month, I found myself driving the Scorpio, with my license safely kept in my pocket! Dream come true moment! Since then, I had the luck to pilot several cars, including hatchbacks, sedans, MUVs and SUVs. The costliest one I got to drive was the Ford Endeavour Titanium 3.2L . Pure bliss!

As much as I like to drive, I like to know about automobiles. I feel Iam in the right place for the same. To be in the company of knowledgeable motorheads is encouraging. I look forward to gaining and sharing information on automobiles with the help of T-BHP, and it's distinguished members.

Regards,
Vishid
Welcome to the forum Vishid!

Always good to see another Engineer on the Forum.

Quite nice cars you have had in the garage. Accent Viva was a nice car, especially with the notchback profile. IMO it just didn't do well because the Indian market wasn't ready for that kind of a design. 1.7 lakh Km on the odo of the Scorpio means it's competing with the Innova anyways in terms of reliability. That's a pretty good number for the Scorpio. The Duster 85 ps I feel is quite enough and well equipped for the price. Would like to read an ownership review from you .

I'm sure you must've gone through the rules of posting on the forum. Just to refresh, (click here).

Wishing you happy miles with your cars.

Drive Safe.

Happy birthday in advance!

Last edited by Omkar : 15th May 2017 at 13:22.
Omkar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 15:31   #3
Newbie
 
Vishid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Thrissur
Posts: 20
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Approved and dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Welcome to the forum Vishid!

Always good to see another Engineer on the Forum.

Quite nice cars you have had in the garage. Accent Viva was a nice car, especially with the notchback profile. IMO it just didn't do well because the Indian market wasn't ready for that kind of a design. 1.7 lakh Km on the odo of the Scorpio means it's competing with the Innova anyways in terms of reliability. That's a pretty good number for the Scorpio. The Duster 85 ps I feel is quite enough and well equipped for the price. Would like to read an ownership review from you .

I'm sure you must've gone through the rules of posting on the forum. Just to refresh, (click here).

Wishing you happy miles with your cars.

Drive Safe.

Happy birthday in advance!
Thank you for ​the birthday wishes
For sure, I will post an ownership review of the duster when time permits.
Vishid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 16:16   #4
BHPian
 
R-Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 216
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: Approved and dancing!

Welcome to the forum, Vishid! I'm sure that you are going to cherish the time you spent here interacting with similar petrolheads!

Good to see another fellow team-bhpian from the cultural capital of KL! Every time I'm in town, my eyes are scanning to spot the famous LTD stickers! Just so you know, I hail from Thrissur as well, though work has taken me to another corner of the country!

See you around!

Cheers!
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 17:38   #5
Newbie
 
Vishid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Thrissur
Posts: 20
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Approved and dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Welcome to the forum, Vishid! I'm sure that you are going to cherish the time you spent here interacting with similar petrolheads!

Good to see another fellow team-bhpian from the cultural capital of KL! Every time I'm in town, my eyes are scanning to spot the famous LTD stickers! Just so you know, I hail from Thrissur as well, though work has taken me to another corner of the country!

See you around!

Cheers!
R-Six
Thank you R-Six. Happy to know that you are from Thrissur too . Drive safe.
Regards
Vishid
Vishid is offline  
Old 15th May 2017, 22:30   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Kochi-Bangalore
Posts: 9
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Approved and dancing!

Hi Vishid!

Great to know and congrats; I was also approved last week!
Even I was a TeamBHP follower for a very long time till I decided to "graduate" and apply for a membership.

I am also from KL; KL-7 to be precise
Automobile Engineer working in the automotive industry in Bangalore.
Currently riding a KTM Duke 390 and Chevy Spark.

Keep vrooming and nice to meet you!
abijithmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 08:38   #7
Newbie
 
Vishid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Thrissur
Posts: 20
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Approved and dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abijithmenon View Post
Hi Vishid!

Great to know and congrats; I was also approved last week!
Even I was a TeamBHP follower for a very long time till I decided to "graduate" and apply for a membership.

I am also from KL; KL-7 to be precise
Automobile Engineer working in the automotive industry in Bangalore.
Currently riding a KTM Duke 390 and Chevy Spark.

Keep vrooming and nice to meet you!
Thank you abijithmenon, and congratulations for your membership approval. Both the Duke and the Spark are good rides. . Drive safe
Regards
Vishid
Vishid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 19:59   #8
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK08 et HR26
Posts: 169
Thanked: 511 Times
Default Re: Approved and dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishid View Post
I feel Iam in the right place for the same. To be in the company of knowledgeable motorheads is encouraging. I look forward to gaining and sharing information on automobiles with the help of T-BHP, and it's distinguished members.
Let me welcome you dancing to this forum Vishnu

Believe me, I too was dancing when I got to see that email in my box not too long ago! I can figure out your enthusiasm from you "avatar" which is already churning out some good amount of BHP to drive your wheels a long way at Team-BHP.

Let me share with you that at the age of 21, I had just passed out my B.E. in computer science and barely had enough maturity to drive safe(indeed sensible) and none of my family members would prefer sitting next to me. Today, after almost 15 years, when I am already owning my car bought from my own money, the equation is altogether different. Safety and road manners first, speed afterwards. My friends request me drive their cars whenever they are in a need of some safe and reliable person.

That said, looking forward reading your posts. Cheers!


Quote:
Originally Posted by abijithmenon View Post
I am also from KL; KL-7 to be precise
Automobile Engineer working in the automotive industry in Bangalore.
Currently riding a KTM Duke 390 and Chevy Spark.
Welcome as well abijith to this forum. Nice knowing a bit about you!!

Automobile Engineer is what I always wanted to become (ever since my childhood), but destiny brought me to play with computers (which too I love but second).

Looking forward to hear more from you especially from automotive engineering and kinematics perspective. Thanks.

Last edited by Nohonking : 16th May 2017 at 20:14.
Nohonking is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 09:30   #9
Newbie
 
Vishid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Thrissur
Posts: 20
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Approved and dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Let me welcome you dancing to this forum Vishnu

Believe me, I too was dancing when I got to see that email in my box not too long ago! I can figure out your enthusiasm from you "avatar" which is already churning out some good amount of BHP to drive your wheels a long way at Team-BHP.

Let me share with you that at the age of 21, I had just passed out my B.E. in computer science and barely had enough maturity to drive safe(indeed sensible) and none of my family members would prefer sitting next to me. Today, after almost 15 years, when I am already owning my car bought from my own money, the equation is altogether different. Safety and road manners first, speed afterwards. My friends request me drive their cars whenever they are in a need of some safe and reliable person.

That said, looking forward reading your posts. Cheers!
Thank you Nohonking

Your handle hints at your principle of following good road manners. It is nice to hear that your friends also find you as a good driver. Keep up the good work. I want you to know that I also strongly believe in defensive driving.

Regards
Vishid
Vishid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 13:02   #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Kochi-Bangalore
Posts: 9
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Approved and dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post


Automobile Engineer is what I always wanted to become (ever since my childhood), but destiny brought me to play with computers (which too I love but second).
Have heard this a lot from many of my friends, but let's be frank here. The domain you are in lets you enjoy a multitude of passions. Ever since I was a kid, I just wanted to be around cars and motorcycles and that's why I took up the course even though many suggested me to go towards "the safer courses like CS or EEE". I don't regret it at all and have had amazing opportunities to build and race in events like SAE Baja and events conducted by ARAI. Not to forget the numerous auto shows, contacts and interactions with supercars and exotics on the way. These contacts stay with you forever and I still get to participate and marshal in 4x4 events, driving experiences, expos etc.

But beyond these escapades and adventures, life is hard for the average automotive engineer. With increasing electronics and software interventions, entry points into the industry are also minimal and most have to look at other domains or dealership jobs to sell and service cars. From my experiences, I have seen most enthusiasts and petrolheads to have day jobs ranging between software, healthcare and business. Guess it pays enough to build the wheels!

There are a few who really make it great in the industry, but driving your passion at work and play seems a luxury a few are destined for!
abijithmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got skills? Meet Kunwar Ranjeet Singh, the dancing traffic cop from Indore schakravarthy Street Experiences 4 22nd August 2016 12:10
Around Pune: Dancing in the rain, Dancing on the roads & Going Green - Tamhini pjbiju Travelogues 17 24th July 2013 10:08
DDiS - Diesel Dancing iLLusion Style: WIP s0uljah In-Car Entertainment 66 27th October 2008 14:06
Is dancing banned in Bangalore!!? tsk1979 Shifting gears 32 11th August 2008 21:49
Go Dancing...Lose Car!! GTO The Indian Car Scene 16 29th January 2005 14:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks