Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2017, 14:27   #1

Default Finally a BHPian : Third time lucky

Hi everyone,

I am a 20 year old mechanical engineering student from Pune. I dont have much interests in life apart from cars, 2 wheelers, and aeroplanes. I am currently studying in second year of mechanical engineering and plan to be an automobile engineer in future.

My interest in cars started pretty much from childhood to the extent that I could not talk about anything else and always wanted to be in the driving seat.

Last year I passed my driving test and got a 4 wheeler driving license which was a big moment in my life because I could finally sit on my favourite seat in the car and get to drive cars I always wanted to drive.
Our family currently owns a 2012 Honda City V MT and a 2012 Honda Brio S MT both of which I get to drive occasionally. But my daily ride is a 2013 Suzuki Swish which is the closest I have to a best friend.
My favourite car, as of now, is Aston Martin DB9 Coupe which I want to drive someday (preferably a manual) and I have a passion for classic CitroŽns like the Traction Avant and DS.

In general I love classic cars over modern cars and my favourite classic cars include Italian coupes and convertibles like Alfa Romeo GTV6, Spider(1966 model), Giulietta (Spider and Sprint) as well as Lancias like the Delta Integrale (my favourite hot hatch), Fulvia, Monte Carlo, Aurellia, Flaminia, Flavia. I also love classic Jaguars like the E-Type, XK120, Series 3 XJ6 and XJ12 and also the XJ40. My favourite german cars include the Mercedes W113 (Pagoda top) SL, the legendary W124 and the W140 along with the W221 S-Class. I also adore the previous generation Maserati Quattroporte. From the new cars I like the latest Ford GT the most (hence my avatar).

Uptil now I have driven a Ford Figo 1.5 diesel, VW Polo 1.5 diesel, Honda City, Brio, Maruti Wagon-R, Renault Kwid and the Hyundai Santro.

I learnt to drive in our Brio ( I found it easier to drive than the Wagon-R and the Santro) and the best car I have driven so far is our Honda City- partly because of that superb engine but mostly because I really haven't driven much cars. My favourite bike is Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade.

My favourite automobile journalist is L.J.K.Setright whose writing style I feel has no equal as far as giving the reader a highly technical and interesting review.

Lastly, I would like to thank Team-BHP moderators for approving my membership and making me a very happy man indeed. I tried 2 times before under different usernames 2 years back but didn't get selected. Now that I have been selected though, there is no looking back and I look forward to enjoy my Team-BHP experience to the fullest. Thank you so much for making me a part of this community. I am proud to be a BHPian.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd May 2017 at 10:12. Reason: Spacing, language. Welcome
zxcv444 is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 20th May 2017, 01:22   #2
BHPian

Default re: Finally a BHPian : Third time lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcv444 View Post
Hi everyone,
I am a 20 year old mechanical engineering student from Pune. I dont have much interests in life apart from cars, 2 wheelers, and aeroplanes. I am currently studying in second year of mechanical engineering and plan to be an automobile engineer in future.

My favourite car, as of now, is Aston Martin DB9 Coupe which I want to drive someday (preferrably a manual) and I have a passion for classic CitroŽns like the Traction Avant and DS.
Hi zxcv444,

Welcome to the forum bud. Quite a nice and crisp introduction you've got there.

Also, your interest in such classic cars reveals a lot about your passion for machines. Hope you've a successful career ahead. Study hard and work harder.

Regards,
searchingheaven
searchingheaven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 01:49   #3
BHPian

Default re: Finally a BHPian : Third time lucky

Nice having you aboard zxcv444 and good to know so much about you!

Quote:
In general I love classic cars over modern cars and my favourite classic cars include Italian coupes and convertibles like Alfa Romeo GTV6, Spider(1966 model), Giulietta (Spider and Sprint) as well as Lancias like the Delta Integrale (my favourite hot hatch), Fulvia, Monte Carlo, Aurellia, Flaminia, Flavia. I also love classic Jaguars like the E-Type, XK120, Series 3 XJ6 and XJ12 and also the XJ40. My favourite german cars include the Mercedes W113 (Pagoda top) SL, the legendary W124 and the W140 along with the W221 S-Class. I also adore the previous generation Maserati Quattroporte.
Wow! Such a long list. Well, when you say classic cars, they always take you into the past and let you dig into the roots, and that is where you get to know how did so many iconic brands of today emerged. The ingrained values, the ethics, the vision and the character lived by many of these brands even during their tough times, is how has let them stand their places today.

Quote:
I am proud to be a BHPian.
Yes, please take pride in being part of this elite community. Team-BHP too is a brand built upon certain values, ethics and character, thus getting stronger and more valuable with each passing day.

Wish you a great journey. Welcome again. Thanks!

Last edited by Nohonking : 20th May 2017 at 01:54.
Nohonking is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread