Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2017, 21:18   #1
BHPian
 
Varun_HexaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 321 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Hello everyone :) - Says a teen who's fifteen

Hey folks,
This is Varun Reddy. I'm 15 years old and yet to turn 16 in a couple of months. Let me take the opportunity to thank all the moderators and @GTO sir in particular for approving my membership. I've ended up with a membership in the second attempt of applying for a membership. After rejected for a membership for the first time, I was dejected and felt like not applying again, but I made it a habit from the past 5 years (yes, you heard it right) to atleast check the website once a day.

So, with new ownership reports coming in and especially from younger bhpians like @Vishy76 and @Karthi.Stark, even I wanted to post some ownership reports on team-bhp. So, I plunged and applied for a membership again and my membership's approved.

So, let me take the opportunity to introduce myself. I'm based in Hyderabad and presently pursuing Class-11 in a reputed college in Hyderabad. My dad owns an extensive range of cars and latest acquisition which we own is an all-new Tata Hexa XTA in its famous shade of Arizona Blue. The ownership report for the beast is getting ready in the assembly line. Apart from cars, my interests are mainly in Photography (still an amateur though) and reading books. Hope to see you folks around.

Drive Safe and always buckle up,
Varun

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd June 2017 at 16:10. Reason: Splitting into paragraphs = improves readability.
Varun_HexaGuy is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 01:55   #2
BHPian
 
vishy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 361
Thanked: 919 Times
Default re: Hello everyone :) - Says a teen who's fifteen

Welcome Varun. Thanks for the mention.

I was elated to know that another teen has joined in. Also don't forget Neel (15) who has compiled a very exhaustive report on his Fiesta too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-titanium.html (My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium)

But, I am even more impressed with the car you have got. The Hexa is one hell of an MPV. It is IMHO one of the best cars below the 25 lakh mark and a Huge leap ahead for Tata.

Waiting for your ownership report.

Regards,
vish

Last edited by vishy76 : 3rd June 2017 at 02:12. Reason: typo
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 02:03   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,163
Thanked: 876 Times
Default re: Hello everyone :) - Says a teen who's fifteen

Great to see young guns joining the team. I was just 16 too when I joined in, and it was a great feeling. Finally into the petrol head community.
Welcome again and looking forward to your Hexa review!! Your photographs would be great, I expect
agambhandari is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 07:18   #4
BHPian
 
Varun_HexaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 321 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: Hello everyone :) - Says a teen who's fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Welcome Varun. Thanks for the mention.

I was elated to know that another teen has joined in. Also don't forget Neel (15) who has compiled a very exhaustive report on his Fiesta too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-titanium.html (My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium)

But, I am even more impressed with the car you have got. The Hexa is one hell of an MPV. It is IMHO one of the best cars below the 25 lakh mark and a Huge leap ahead for Tata.

Waiting for your ownership report.

Regards,
vish
Hey Vishy,
Yeah thanks for the mention. Forgot to mention Petrohead_Neel's beautiful report on his Paparika Red 1.6 Classic. Do stay tuned for the report, it will be live on team-bhp in a day or two along with the ownership reports of Ford Figo, Fiat Linea, Maruti Ertiga and not to forget my personal favourite the Tata Nano in Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Great to see young guns joining the team. I was just 16 too when I joined in, and it was a great feeling. Finally into the petrol head community.
Welcome again and looking forward to your Hexa review!! Your photographs would be great, I expect
Hi @agambhandari sir,
Yeah how come I missed your beautiful long-term report on the Chevy Spark. BTW, are you selling it or you still plan to keep since the Chevrolet India has shut shops in India.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd June 2017 at 08:14.
Varun_HexaGuy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 09:12   #5
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sudev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,505
Thanked: 2,320 Times
Default

Welcome.
Petroheads congregation gets another young member. Hoping to see this segment of tribe grow.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 13:05   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
IshaanIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,407
Thanked: 3,045 Times
Default re: Hello everyone :) - Says a teen who's fifteen

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the Hexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Apart from cars, my interests are mainly in Photography
You said it! I expect tons of pictures along with your writeups now
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 14:20   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,163
Thanked: 876 Times
Default re: Hello everyone :) - Says a teen who's fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post

Hi @agambhandari sir,
Yeah how come I missed your beautiful long-term report on the Chevy Spark. BTW, are you selling it or you still plan to keep since the Chevrolet India has shut shops in India.
No need for Sir.

Yeah I'm keeping it for now, since the car is working well and there's no immediate need for a bigger or better car right now.
And it's so difficult to find something as refined as it's 4 cylinder motor in that price segment now.
agambhandari is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 17:48   #8
BHPian
 
thatfastdude19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: JHANSI
Posts: 37
Thanked: 71 Times
Default re: Hello everyone :) - Says a teen who's fifteen

Hi Varun,

Welcome to the forum. Good to find petrolheads in the country at such a young age. Though I am myself only 19

Still two years to go before you could get you DL. And once you get it you will understand that how special moment it is for a petrolhead.

Cheers.
thatfastdude19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 14:44   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: bangalore
Posts: 46
Thanked: 213 Times
Default Re: Hello everyone :) - Says a teen who's fifteen

Hey buddy!

First of all, welcome to the forum and thanks for the mention! Being a part of Team-BHP at the age of 15 is definitely something to boast about.

Like Vishy mentioned, the Hexa is truely one hell of an MPV. To be honest, I feel that me and my dad should have waited for the launch of the Hexa before considering the purchase of the Crysta. Ride quality is one thing which me and my dad are damn serious about and the Hexa definitely beats the Crysta in this regard. Though, in my report, I mention that the Crysta is the best in ride quality, I now realised that I was wrong. Also, the XTA, which is the top end variant costs almost as much as the GX of the crysta, which is supposedly the base variant!

The ride quality is considered excellent on the XTA which has 19" alloys. Just imagine the ride quality in the XMA which has 16" ones! You would feel as though you're in heaven!

The ICE in the Hexa is one of the best ones I've come across till date. The Crysta's base variant doesn't even get one!

One huge disappointment from Tata is the fact that the AT doesn't come with an AWD! Man, if that option would've been there, me and my dad would have kept banging our heads against the window every time we sat in our Crysta! Sure, the AWD in the Hexa isn't eligible for extreme off-roading, but having an AWD surely helps every once in a while.

I hope Tata launches an AT AWD in the next one or two years. If that happens, it's a goodbye to our Crysta.

I am eagerly waiting for the ownership report of your Hexa XTA. Hope to catch up soon buddy.

Cheers,
Karthi.stark
karthi.stark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 15:41   #10
BHPian
 
Varun_HexaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 321 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Hello everyone :) - Says a teen who's fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
Hey buddy!

First of all, welcome to the forum and thanks for the mention! Being a part of Team-BHP at the age of 15 is definitely something to boast about.

Like Vishy mentioned, the Hexa is truely one hell of an MPV. To be honest, I feel that me and my dad should have waited for the launch of the Hexa before considering the purchase of the Crysta. Ride quality is one thing which me and my dad are damn serious about and the Hexa definitely beats the Crysta in this regard. Though, in my report, I mention that the Crysta is the best in ride quality, I now realised that I was wrong. Also, the XTA, which is the top end variant costs almost as much as the GX of the crysta, which is supposedly the base variant!

The ride quality is considered excellent on the XTA which has 19" alloys. Just imagine the ride quality in the XMA which has 16" ones! You would feel as though you're in heaven!

The ICE in the Hexa is one of the best ones I've come across till date. The Crysta's base variant doesn't even get one!

One huge disappointment from Tata is the fact that the AT doesn't come with an AWD! Man, if that option would've been there, me and my dad would have kept banging our heads against the window every time we sat in our Crysta! Sure, the AWD in the Hexa isn't eligible for extreme off-roading, but having an AWD surely helps every once in a while.

I hope Tata launches an AT AWD in the next one or two years. If that happens, it's a goodbye to our Crysta.

I am eagerly waiting for the ownership report of your Hexa XTA. Hope to catch up soon buddy.

Cheers,
Karthi.stark
Hey buddy,
Yeah Hexa is one hell of a Beast. Ever since the beast has entered our garage, it's being used heavily for outstation trips. Infact, I'm typing this while I'm returning from a 1600+kms road-trip. Yeah, I seriously considered the Crysta but the 28 big ones for not so much equipment made us opt for the Hexa. But, I do feel that the Crysta is no slouch either w.r.t Hexa.

Do stay tuned for the report. It's still in a Work In Progress ( W.I.P ) stage. It'll be live in a day or two.

Drive safe and Enjoy your bronze beast and make sure you and your dad put her through her paces.

Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is online now  
Old 9th June 2017, 09:59   #11
BHPian
 
petrolhead_neel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Burdwan
Posts: 625
Thanked: 1,033 Times
Default

Varun, a warm welcome to this wonderful forum! Simply love the teen community that we are building here. Enjoy the Hexa(and your other cars) and will wait for your ownership review.

Vishy, thanks so much man.

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 18:14   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 2,288
Thanked: 4,149 Times
Default Re: Hello everyone :) - Says a teen who's fifteen

Welcome to the forum Varun_HexaGuy and wish you have a great stay here.
Congratulations on the Hexa, one hell of a vehicle from Tata. Waiting for the ownership review.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 23:17   #13
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 854
Thanked: 4,308 Times
Default Re: Hello everyone :) - Says a teen who's fifteen

Welcome. It is very encouraging to see young blood and fresh minds being introduced to T-BHP. I like this diversity. Look forward to your posts.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 07:38   #14
BHPian
 
Varun_HexaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 321 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Hello everyone :) - Says a teen who's fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Welcome. It is very encouraging to see young blood and fresh minds being introduced to T-BHP. I like this diversity. Look forward to your posts.
Thank you sir. It is indeed very encouraging to see a group of people of my age being introduced to team-bhp and even I like this diversity for a change.

BTW, Congratulations on your Lexus. Do compile a detailed report as you've done for your XC60 and Jazz.

Stay tuned for my reports. It's almost complete all what I have to do is add some pics and points and then I'm done.
Varun_HexaGuy is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from a teen karthi.stark Introduce yourself 2 28th December 2016 17:50
Fangio: Fifteen years later Dose Int'l Motorsport 3 2nd August 2010 09:56
My Heart says JEEP, Mind says GYPSY! Parm 4x4 Vehicles 110 19th November 2009 10:05
Head says SX4, heart says Fiesta, pls help! petertheo Sedans 79 29th October 2008 22:04
Heart says Swift, Pocket says Santro! Rocky_Balboa Hatchbacks 76 18th September 2007 15:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks