Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 6th June 2017, 16:15   #1

Smile Enough of peeping from the outside...Yippee, now I'm an insider

Hello fellow BHPians,

Yeah you read it right. This was the exact feeling each time whenever this enthusiast used to visit T-BHP each day since 2010, after membership rejection each time that he is an OUTSIDER.

I came across this plethora of knowledge of automobile & non-automobile stuff on T-BHP, when I was searching for information & guidance to buy my first car. As it was obvious to happen with a over excited newbie aka wannabe member, answers to the questions in application form of an enthusiast who is so impatient to become member that didn't bother to go through RULES section, got the membership rejected in first attempt.

Nevertheless, this enthusiast gone ahead again for membership application for 2nd time with same modus operendi, without realising the 1st attempt mistake & got the same result again.

Although disheartened by multiple failures of not getting approval, this didn't stopped me form visiting T-BHP everyday & meanwhile I went ahead with my first car purchase. Time was travelling, but each time whenever I wanted to reply something on any thread, this outsider feeling started growing like a tumour in my head. Finally, after 7 years 4 months, I cracked this code which was much tough for me than any other entrance exam in my life. And trust me friends, I didn't do anything special this time also. I only opened out my heart with simple & easy words, nothing fancy.

I beg your pardon for taking so much time & words just to elaborate on membership approval, but couldn't help it since this self-earned membership is very precious for me.

Now coming back to introduction, I'm a 39 years old Chemical engineer & MBA in project management, working in MNC as Project Control professional. In 17 years of career till now, my work has given me opportunities to visit European countries & the USA for short stint.
This had developed my interests in road trips & photography. I currently own a humble Maruti Suzuki Wagon R VXI and looking for an upgrade soon in near future.

The precise & valuable information available on this forum is astounding & has given a new dimension to my enthusiasm toward the automotive field. I feel now itís my turn to contribute to the forum from my side through sharing my views/experiences/lessons learnt towards automotive & non-automotive world. I am already a hard core Team-BHPian by heart, now looking forward to get accepted as a part of T-BHP family. I intend to interact, learn & share with this great community of like-minded petrol heads.

I really want to thank Moderators from bottom of my heart for accepting my membership and let me in.

Keep flooring the pedal!
yoscenario2000 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 19:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Enough of peeping from the outside...Yippee, now I'm an insider

Good to have you on board great to have more people interested in adding to discussions. What vintage is your WagonR? I own one too that's why I ask Cars like the WagonR stay useful for long periods of time. You will find yourself buying a bigger better car but replacing the WagonR can be a little difficult; the seat folding options, narrow footprint, tall-boy stance, all make it a really good run about in town.

Look forward to hearing some of your views and seeing your handle on more threads.

Ciao!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 21:16   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Good to have you on board great to have more people interested in adding to discussions. What vintage is your WagonR? I own one too that's why I ask Cars like the WagonR stay useful for long periods of time. You will find yourself buying a bigger better car but replacing the WagonR can be a little difficult; the seat folding options, narrow footprint, tall-boy stance, all make it a really good run about in town.

Look forward to hearing some of your views and seeing your handle on more threads.

Ciao!
Yes. The Wagon R (1.1 liter 16 valve) was a gem of a car. It was the first brand new car purchased by me and I drove it everywhere, fitted with a roof rack and loaded with luggage and family , Goa, Gujarat, Mahableshwar, countless trips to Lonavala, Lavasa et al.
I drove mine for 47,000 km and finally sold it only after getting totally fed up with the repair bills raised by Spectra Borivali East, over several years. And I swore never to buy a Maruti again. It was one of the saddest day of my life when I traded it in.

Last edited by SanjayDalal : 6th June 2017 at 21:41. Reason: Error in address
SanjayDalal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 22:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjayDalal View Post
I drove mine for 47,000 km and finally sold it only after getting totally fed up with the repair bills raised by Spectra Borivali East, over several years. And I swore never to buy a Maruti again. It was one of the saddest day of my life when I traded it in.
That is so sad to hear. Mine has run 1.7 lakh kms, is 13 years old and still going strong. For better or for worse, I am a slightly different owner when it comes to my vehicles, I don't give up on them simply because some lame set of folks can't service any of them properly. I spend months figuring out where exactly to take my ride to get serviced. Doesn't matter if it is 40kms away from my house also, I will still do it. Otherwise none of them will serve me well past 50k kms. I believe that all of them need to be driven by one person and serviced by one team (obviously when shifting to another city I am tasked with finding a place and a team all over again). Sometimes when I am driving/riding, I am no saint, but my cars and bike have never given up on me and each one of my vehicles have been on some epic adventures and encountered several events so to speak, which is why I feel they need to be treated with love and the utmost respect by whoever is working on them. I make sure that if I am giving my car/bike to a new place in a new city, I spend atleast an hour with the owner or whoever is in charge, letting them know that my vehicle is the most special one of all of them in that garage including his own, and I don't leave it there until I am sure that he has got my point This level of emotional connect certainly has its disadvantages especially in terms of time, but in the end I feel it is worth it as my vehicles are always ready for whatever kind of driving I am in the mood for, and forging a relationship with the technical guys looking after your servicing always helps in the long run.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 6th June 2017 at 22:14.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 14:35   #5

Default Re: Enough of peeping from the outside...Yippee, now I'm an insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

Ciao!
Mine is 2011 Wagon R VXI with k10B engine.

I agree with you regarding practicality of Wagon R. Also it's very easy to maneuver this car through congested area in city.

The only reason I'm looking for upgrade from wagon R is due to requirement of more seating capacity for long highway drives.

I'm looking at Ertiga for upgrade. But even after upgrade I'll be keeping this car with me as long as possible, since this is my first car and has emotional value in my life.

And yeah, you'll often see my handle in replies on the threads.
Old 8th June 2017, 20:44   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjayDalal View Post
Yes. The Wagon R (1.1 liter 16 valve) was a gem of a car. It was the first brand new car purchased by me and I drove it everywhere, fitted with a roof rack and loaded with luggage and family , Goa, Gujarat, Mahableshwar, countless trips to Lonavala, Lavasa et al.
Yeah.. F10D MPFI engine & build quality of 1.1 liter 16 valve is way ahead than current gen K10B wagon R.

I've driven my K10B 51,000 kms till date and maintenance is the one thing that is not pinching up my pocket till now. Touch wood.
Closed Thread