Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2017, 17:27   #1
BHPian
 
MeetSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 18 Times
Arrow MeetSC now has BHP!

Hey all,

Finally, I am also a part of the community that has been my Automobile Encarta for years!

I am Sandeep from Kochi, Kerala. I am currently settled in Bangalore and work with a Startup.

I have been driving and riding since the next day after I turned 18 and went on my first long drive to Bangalore from Kochi via Mysore and back with a learner's license, 7 years ago .

My family has an i10, Pulsar 220F, Mahindra Duro and a Honda Activa. The next ride I want to own is a Duster as I loved the comfort, stability, ground clearance and boot space, all perfect for long drives.

Currently my friends and I are planning for a road trip to Nepal during this year end and look forward to all your support in planning.

Let's stay in touch...
MeetSC is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 18:23   #2
BHPian
 
knightrider_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Kozhikode/KL-11
Posts: 48
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: MeetSC now has BHP!

Hi Sandeep, welcome to the forum. Good to see one more BHPian from Kerala.
Please do share your stories and your rides.
Have a good time.
knightrider_7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 20:21   #3
BHPian
 
Nohonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK08 et HR26
Posts: 143
Thanked: 448 Times
Default Re: MeetSC now has BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
Currently my friends and I are planning for a road trip to Nepal during this year end and look forward to all your support in planning.
A warm welcome to you MeetSC on our forum!

I was in Nepal about 3 months ago and let me tell you that Nepal is infested with poor to the poorest of roads and no roads. Also, you may face shortage of petrol/diesel. Please go prepared accordingly.

That said, welcome again and do take a pit stop at the rules section as you go posting. See you around!
Nohonking is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 12:07   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,537
Thanked: 80,270 Times
Default Re: MeetSC now has BHP!

Welcome Sandeep! Great to have you onboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
The next ride I want to own is a Duster as I loved the comfort, stability, ground clearance and boot space, all perfect for long drives.
Nice suspension, but too outdated by current standards. The only good variant is the AWD if you absolutely need an AWD.

Quote:
Currently my friends and I are planning for a road trip to Nepal during this year end and look forward to all your support in planning
Here's a list of Nepal travelogues to get you started. Do read them - loads of tips & advice.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 12:17   #5
BHPian
 
MeetSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: MeetSC now has BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
Hi Sandeep, welcome to the forum. Good to see one more BHPian from Kerala.
Please do share your stories and your rides.
Have a good time.
Sure, let's have a great time on the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
A warm welcome to you MeetSC on our forum!

I was in Nepal about 3 months ago and let me tell you that Nepal is infested with poor to the poorest of roads and no roads. Also, you may face shortage of petrol/diesel. Please go prepared accordingly.

That said, welcome again and do take a pit stop at the rules section as you go posting. See you around!
Thanks for the word of advice. I will keep this in mind when planning. I have gone through the board rules already

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Sandeep! Great to have you onboard!



Nice suspension, but too outdated by current standards. The only good variant is the AWD if you absolutely need an AWD.
Well, what are your suggestions? I think you understood the kind of ride that I am looking for. One that is spacious, economic and best maneuverable of the Indian terrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Here's a list of Nepal travelogues to get you started. Do read them - loads of tips & advice.
Sure, thanks for this.
MeetSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 17:48   #6
BHPian
 
MeetSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: MeetSC now has BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post

Well, what are your suggestions? I think you understood the kind of ride that I am looking for. One that is spacious, economic and best maneuverable of the Indian terrain.
Any suggestions GTO?
MeetSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 19:27   #7
BHPian
 
landcruiser123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: BLR, KA, IND
Posts: 824
Thanked: 1,054 Times
Default Re: MeetSC now has BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
Any suggestions GTO?
Like GTO said, avoid the Duster unless you absolutely need the AWD.

A neighbour of mine bought the S-Cross 1.3 in Duster vs S-Cross vs BR-V vs Creta comparison. Would suggest the EcoSport too if space requirements are met.

His final order of preference was:
1. S-Cross 1.3- Good suspension, Nice set of features and spacious cabin
2. Creta 1.6 Diesel- He felt that the car was overpriced and not so spacious. Wasn't impressed with the petrol after driving the Honda
3. BR-V- Overpriced, but has a wonderful petrol engine in the segment
4. Duster- Too old and too bland
5. EcoSport- Too Small for his needs

Move your question to the relevant thread. You'll find many owners giving their perspective.

Good luck with your search!

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 26th July 2017 at 19:28.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 19:39   #8
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,025
Thanked: 4,455 Times
Default Re: MeetSC now has BHP!

Welcome to the forum MeetSC.

As far as your car dilemma goes, there indeed is nothing much apart from Duster/Terrano twins which have good ride. Pick the AWD if you can, that would be really good.
Sheel is offline  
Old 26th July 2017, 20:06   #9
BHPian
 
MeetSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: MeetSC now has BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Like GTO said, avoid the Duster unless you absolutely need the AWD.

A neighbour of mine bought the S-Cross 1.3 in Duster vs S-Cross vs BR-V vs Creta comparison. Would suggest the EcoSport too if space requirements are met.

His final order of preference was:
1. S-Cross 1.3- Good suspension, Nice set of features and spacious cabin
2. Creta 1.6 Diesel- He felt that the car was overpriced and not so spacious. Wasn't impressed with the petrol after driving the Honda
3. BR-V- Overpriced, but has a wonderful petrol engine in the segment
4. Duster- Too old and too bland
5. EcoSport- Too Small for his needs
Thanks for the comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Move your question to the relevant thread. You'll find many owners giving their perspective.
Sure, I will do that.
MeetSC is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSi on Team-BHP. EDIT : Now with 300 BHP on tap! robimahanta Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 230 27th July 2017 13:28
How has my 1.4 litre FIRE FIAT LINEA (F. Red) has lived the 5000 kms run? A report. omar1310 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 29 26th December 2009 13:15
please help me in deciding my car:it has been months... (Now decided on Palio 1.1) dr_aryan Hatchbacks 56 29th September 2007 01:06
The Yellow Murcielago Has Landed!!! Edit 080505 - Now a RED one too Rehaan Super-Cars & Imports in India 61 11th May 2005 00:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks