Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 7th August 2017, 20:34   #1
BHPian

Arrow I'm now part of the elite clan

Hello All,

This is Jayant. Finally I was able to make it to this wonderful forum after multiple attempts (8 to be precise) since last 7 years. Thanks to the moderators for accepting me.

I have been a regular to this forum for the past 8-9 years after a colleague (a bhpian too) introduced me to this forum. Have been hooked since then.

As an outsider I have gained a lot from the ongoing discussions. Be it a holiday destination route, accommodation, money matters, funny jokes, travel blogs and of course everything related to automobiles. Trust me for any matter I search team-bhp to check if it has any thread related to it.

Big fan of Sam Kapasi's threads, miss them a lot.

About Myself:

I am in my early Thirties. I have stayed in MP, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Karnataka (Bengaluru).

On the professional front I am working with a software MNC in Bengaluru.

I am not an expert in automobiles like most of the folks here are but thanks to Team-Bhp I have gained a lot from this forum. In fact my interest grew only after Team-bhp.

Apart from cars my interests are travelling, photography, running and cycling. Currently preparing for my first 21K in October. Discovered only last year that there exists a thread for tour de France. Follower of the running/marathon thread as well.

Vehicles I own now:

Btwin MTB Rockrider 300 (2016)
Basic commuter bike with comfortable seating and palm placement which I use for small errands and sometimes for long distance. Not so fast and average breaking but serves the purpose.

Bajaj Discover 135 CC (2007)
This is first bike that I brought after I started earning, still serves me well. At the back of my mind have plans to upgrade it in coming years.

Fiat Grande Punto (Emotion pack 1.4, 2009)
After learning driving I was looking buy my first car in 2013. Was strictly checking out new cars as I was skeptical about owning a used one. But after reading GTO's article "Buying a New Car vs Used Car" I thought of checking out a few pre-owned cars as well.

Came across a pre-owned Punto registered in 2009 in the team-bhp classifieds section and decided to buy it. Very happy with my decision as I got "more car for my money" and it is still reliable in its Ninth year even though there have been a few niggles in recent times.

I am planning to change my drive next year and among the current lot I like Skoda Rapid and Renault Duster. Would surely seek advice from the experts here once I have finalized everything.

Cheers,
Jayant
jayantvs is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 16:50   #2
BHPian

Default Re: I'm now part of the elite clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
Hello All,

This is Jayant. Finally I was able to make it to this wonderful forum after multiple attempts (8 to be precise) since last 7 years. Thanks to the moderators for accepting me.
7 years! Talk about perseverance.

Quote:
I am not an expert in automobiles like most of the folks here are but thanks to Team-Bhp I have gained a lot from this forum. In fact my interest grew only after Team-bhp.
The process of learning never ends.

Quote:
Came across a pre-owned Punto registered in 2009 in the team-bhp classifieds section and decided to buy it. Very happy with my decision as I got "more car for my money" and it is still reliable in its Ninth year even though there have been a few niggles in recent times.
The VFM factor on used cars as compared to a new car is remarkable. A wise choice afterall to go for the Punto since you made it this far.

Quote:
I am planning to change my drive next year and among the current lot I like Skoda Rapid and Renault Duster.
I'm guessing you are still looking in the used car market?

Finally, let me welcome you to the forum. Hope the 7-year period was worth the wait. Looking forward to reading more posts from you.
Omkar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 18:32   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
I'm guessing you are still looking in the used car market?
I have kept my options open. Need to have a lot of patience and time to select a pre-owned car which I had plenty during my last purchase. Probably I will go for a new one as I also have the benefit to lease a car from my company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Finally, let me welcome you to the forum. Hope the 7-year period was worth the wait. Looking forward to reading more posts from you.
Thanks fro the warm welcome, Omkar!! Of course the wait was worth it.
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 17:58   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Welcome to Team-BHP Jayant. Congratulations on succeeding to be a member and happy to see you here

Quote:
Apart from cars my interests are travelling, photography, running and cycling.
Looking forward to see your pics in photography thread.

Quote:
Currently preparing for my first 21K in October.
Best wishes on your marathon prep.

Thanks,
Pradip.
pradipk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 18:11   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Jayant. Congratulations on succeeding to be a member and happy to see you here
Thanks for the warm welcome, Pradip!! Happy to see your post after a long time

Quote:
Looking forward to see your pics in photography thread.
Sure, will try my best. But I have seen much better photographers on this forum.

Quote:
Best wishes on your marathon prep.
Thank you!! First goal would be to finish it.
Closed Thread