Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2017, 10:59   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Hello Bhpians!!
I finally got my membership approved in my second try.

My Name is Raahil and I am a 15 year old studying in class 10 and based in Vadodara, Gujarat. I have always been a car nut (which always annoys my mother). I came to know about Team BHP about three years ago through Bhpian Akshay1234's BMW X3 thread. I have been an avid reader of Team BHP since then. I always had an itch to add my two cents to the forum which I could not until now. I am overjoyed to be onboard.

Other than cars, I love playing football. I play for the school team and my Favourite team is FC Barcelona. My Dad is a football addict too (though he loves Real Madrid).

The current cars at home include:
2017 BMW X5 M-Sport
2016 Jaguar XJL
2012 Hyundai Sonata
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe

I plan to make ownership reports of these soon and get to know all the Bhpians shortly.

Regards,
Raahil
Raahil_23 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 14:43   #2
BHPian
 
GeneralJazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: KL-58/KL-07
Posts: 122
Thanked: 299 Times
Default re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Hi Raahil. Welcome to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raahil_23 View Post
The current cars at home include:
2017 BMW X5 M-Sport
2016 Jaguar XJL
2012 Hyundai Sonata
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
With those cars in the garage, 3 years is surely going to feel like an eternity!
GeneralJazz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 14:44   #3
BHPian
 
His Highness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 39
Thanked: 25 Times
Default re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Welcome, Raahil.

Since you're only 15 right now, please put off your reports till you are legally able to drive.

Safety first, my boy.
His Highness is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 17:55   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4
Thanked: 46 Times
Default re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Hi Raahil. Welcome to the forum!

With those cars in the garage, 3 years is surely going to feel like an eternity!
Thanks a lot GeneralJazz!! Yeah, just 3 more years. I am very excited and looking forward for my first drive at the age of 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Highness View Post
Welcome, Raahil.

Since you're only 15 right now, please put off your reports till you are legally able to drive.

Safety first, my boy.
Thanks for the warm welcome. Haha surely I do not drive at this age ; I know that safety always comes first. I will be taking driving inputs for the reports from my father
Raahil_23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 18:34   #5
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 1,006
Thanked: 5,301 Times
Default re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raahil_23 View Post
The current cars at home include:
2017 BMW X5 M-Sport
2016 Jaguar XJL
2012 Hyundai Sonata
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe

I plan to make ownership reports of these soon and get to know all the Bhpians shortly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raahil_23 View Post
I know that safety always comes first. I will be taking driving inputs for the reports from my father
Looking forward to the owner's review and photos of the Jaguar. As others have said we want your father's driving inputs and your non-driving observations and comments. Nice to see young blood on Team BHP.
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 21:00   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4
Thanked: 46 Times
Default re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Looking forward to the owner's review and photos of the Jaguar. As others have said we want your father's driving inputs and your non-driving observations and comments. Nice to see young blood on Team BHP.
Hello sir,
Nice hearing from you. I am awestruck by your Lexus.
I agree with your point and will try gathering as much inputs as I can from my dad.
I will try making the report in the coming weeks.

As of now here is a picture of the car from the D-Day:
Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old-img_4802.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd October 2017 at 21:10. Reason: Picture inserated in-line.
Raahil_23 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 11:19   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 48,468
Thanked: 95,055 Times
Default Re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Welcome Raahil! That's quite a garage you have there, especially that sexy XJ. Please be sure to properly learn driving once you're 18; slow & steady is the best way to practice an art that you'll use for life. Also, start with the least powerful car in the garage. Then work your way up.

Man, at 15, you have your whole life ahead of you . If only I knew the things then that I do now! Hahaha.

Study hard, play hard. Later in life, work hard, play hard.

We've had some fantastic ownership reports from under-18s recently. Look forward to seeing yours soon.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 12:42   #8
BHPian
 
sleepyhead148's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 77
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Wow, a lot of under 18 members in the group. Welcome Raahil. As GTO mentioned above, concentrate on learning driving with the smallest vehicle, only after you turn 18. Till then have fun admiring the cars in your garage and writing some amazing reports about them.

P.S. The XJ looks fabulous in the pic. Congratulations to your dad and wish you all happy miles with it.
sleepyhead148 is offline  
Old 25th October 2017, 09:56   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Raahil! That's quite a garage you have there, especially that sexy XJ. Please be sure to properly learn driving once you're 18; slow & steady is the best way to practice an art that you'll use for life. Also, start with the least powerful car in the garage. Then work your way up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
Wow, a lot of under 18 members in the group. Welcome Raahil. As GTO mentioned above, concentrate on learning driving with the smallest vehicle, only after you turn 18. Till then have fun admiring the cars in your garage and writing some amazing reports about them.
Thanks GTO and sleepyhead. I will start with the smallest car in the garage in the future. The folks at home anyways won't let me drive the garage queens at start

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Man, at 15, you have your whole life ahead of you . If only I knew the things then that I do now! Hahaha.

Study hard, play hard. Later in life, work hard, play hard.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
P.S. The XJ looks fabulous in the pic. Congratulations to your dad and wish you all happy miles with it.
Thanks.the car turns 2 in another 3 months. The car feels no less exclusive than a Rolls Royce in my city. It has been a head turner and people on two wheelers always drive close to the car to take pictures which annoys my dad a lot.
Raahil_23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 21:00   #10
BHPian
 
Varun_HexaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 124
Thanked: 389 Times
Default Re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Hey @Raahil_23,
First of all, welcome aboard buddy. I just simply love the teen community that we are building here.

It's good to see that the count of young BHPians is increasing by the day. BTW, you've also got another young BHPian a.k.a BHPians @Vishy76 a.k.a Ananth for company since he's also from Vadodara, GJ. BTW, I personally love the X5 from your garage. The garage what you own is quite interesting and is a dream for many BHPians here. You're living it buddy. Waiting for the ownership reviews from your end on your steeds.

Hope to see you active on the forum,

Regards from another Young BHPian
Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 21:28   #11
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,781
Thanked: 6,780 Times
Default Re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raahil_23 View Post
Hello Bhpians!!
I finally got my membership approved in my second try.

I came to know about Team BHP about three years ago through Bhpian Akshay1234's BMW X3 thread.


The current cars at home include:
2017 BMW X5 M-Sport
2016 Jaguar XJL
2012 Hyundai Sonata
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
Welcome to team bhp! I was just reading your thread and remembered I had joined around the same age or a little before, and was glad to know my thread brought you here.

You've got a nice line up waiting for you at home. But when you do start driving be sure to start with one of the Hyundais, or the worst car possible. That way when you drive the better cars you will appreciate the acceleration, handling and stability. I have seen friends who started learning on their expensive cars at home, and having got used to them, ended up with close calls or crashes when they drove normal cars. Reason being they got used to the better dynamics of the expensive cars, and when they tried doing the same things in cheaper cars, the cars could not handle it.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 11:32   #12
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Hey @Raahil_23,
First of all, welcome aboard buddy. I just simply love the teen community that we are building here.
Thanks for the warm welcome. Hope that our teen community keeps on expanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post

It's good to see that the count of young BHPians is increasing by the day. BTW, you've also got another young BHPian a.k.a BHPians @Vishy76 a.k.a Ananth for company since he's also from Vadodara, GJ. BTW, I personally love the X5 from your garage. The garage what you own is quite interesting and is a dream for many BHPians here. You're living it buddy. Waiting for the ownership reviews from your end on your steeds.

Hope to see you active on the forum,

Regards from another Young BHPian
Varun
I have got awesome company in my own city. Wishing to catch up with Ananth in the near future.
I have boards coming up ahead
Still will try to be as active as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Welcome to team bhp! I was just reading your thread and remembered I had joined around the same age or a little before, and was glad to know my thread brought you here.

You've got a nice line up waiting for you at home. But when you do start driving be sure to start with one of the Hyundais, or the worst car possible. That way when you drive the better cars you will appreciate the acceleration, handling and stability. I have seen friends who started learning on their expensive cars at home, and having got used to them, ended up with close calls or crashes when they drove normal cars. Reason being they got used to the better dynamics of the expensive cars, and when they tried doing the same things in cheaper cars, the cars could not handle it.

Thanks @Akshay1234! If it hadnt been for your thread, I would have never come to know about Team bhp.

We do have an office i10,for starters, but I still have three more years, so that will be a topic for another day. No way will I the confidence of driving huge cars at first, let alone the Sonata.
Raahil_23 is offline  
Old 29th October 2017, 18:03   #13
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 219 Times
Default Re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Hey Raahil!

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Glad to see the increase in young members of Team-BHP. I joined the forum at 15 as well. (Presently 16)

Being a member of Team-BHP at a young age is definitely something to boast about to car addicts!

I must say though, you've got a really invigorating garage. I'm eagerly waiting for the ownership reports, especially that of the Jaguar's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raahil_23 View Post
Other than cars, I love playing football. I play for the school team and my Favourite team is FC Barcelona.
l
Woah! We already have something in common! I too am an avid FCB fan. Watching one of Barca's matches at the Camp Nou is a dream for me. Hope it turns into reality. (Am I alone in this?)

Enjoy your stay on the forum.

Cheers,
karthi.stark
karthi.stark is offline  
Old 30th October 2017, 08:54   #14
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: UP
Posts: 2
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Hi Raahil!

The straight six diesel motor mated with the 8 speed ZF - of the X5 is a beast. I keep traveling to vadodara. Maybe one day I shall visit you.

Have a safe adolescence!

Life is Good!

SK
skhattar is offline  
Old 31st October 2017, 10:14   #15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Hello Team-BHP, from a 15 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
Hey Raahil!

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Glad to see the increase in young members of Team-BHP. I joined the forum at 15 as well. (Presently 16)

Being a member of Team-BHP at a young age is definitely something to boast about to car addicts!

I must say though, you've got a really invigorating garage. I'm eagerly waiting for the ownership reports, especially that of the Jaguar's!



Woah! We already have something in common! I too am an avid FCB fan. Watching one of Barca's matches at the Camp Nou is a dream for me. Hope it turns into reality. (Am I alone in this?)

Enjoy your stay on the forum.

Cheers,
karthi.stark
Thanks @karthi.stark. Viewing a match at the Camp Nou is a dream for all of the fans out there, you ain't alone in this

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhattar View Post
Hi Raahil!

The straight six diesel motor mated with the 8 speed ZF - of the X5 is a beast. I keep traveling to vadodara. Maybe one day I shall visit you.

Have a safe adolescence!

Life is Good!

SK
Hey SK, of course it's one hell of a beast (I am be overexaggerating)
Hope to catch up with you in the near future!
Raahil_23 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Office Firewall blocks Team-BHP - Proxying Team-BHP? shreeks Gadgets, Computers & Software 29 16th November 2017 04:54
Two Classics, One Car - 81 year old Packard and 101 year old owner karlosdeville Beyond Borders 5 29th August 2016 00:42
Old lady still packs a punch - 3000 mile trip on a 11 year old Accord BlackPearl Travelogues 4 12th January 2011 22:30
A decade old Truck, a brand new experience!!! My first 10 year old Safari 4x4 Senz Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 12 16th June 2010 15:43
96 year old sells 55 year old Italian Fiat for Nano !! emkay456 Shifting gears 14 11th May 2009 14:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks